What a difference between this coaching staff and the prior regime?

ESisback

Reaction score
Winning hasn’t been enough for Jethro. At least not yet. I said from Day 1 we could only tolerate an owner like him if we had success. We didn’t like his ways when we were winning Super Bowls but at least he was doing at that time what was best for Cowboys Football and or the results were there.

I just want what’s ultimately best for Cowboys Football. And since Jimmy left I haven’t see those actions from this owner sustained.

There is no curse or crusade about being right. Jethro has already substantiated all criticism . And there will be no redemption for him with a generation and era of foolishness and self righteous indignation.
I get your point, and that’s fine for you. There’s no chance for redemption based on Booger’s past in YOUR eyes. Besides, we’ve been tolerating an owner like him for 33 years. What else can we do? At some point the angst becomes pointless. Department of redundancy department.

You and I will always disagree on this issue, so let’s just enjoy 6-1, ok?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, we do need to ultimately see a payoff or it’s all for naught.
It will be interesting to see where fans place their blame if they believe we have a great enough HC.

Could be fans as I suggested initially will be more satisfied with disappointment knowing they have a better HC

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get your point, and that’s fine for you. There’s no chance for redemption based on Booger’s past in YOUR eyes. Besides, we’ve been tolerating an owner like him for 33 years. What else can we do? At some point the angst becomes pointless. Department of redundancy department.

Thats fine . Understood . And the angst does becomes pointless for some . I get it. But my objective is to continue attempting to reach others who may not have considered my perspective and view.

As always my intent is to plant that seed for thought. I don’t expect everyone to agree or have the dedication and pursuit to endure the message.

For me. This is what or at least part of what I can do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know you like to pin everything on Jerry, but how does a team improve without the evaluations and plan of the HC? You telling me you don't see a difference already? The risks we took and the coaching here are a direct correlation to each other. That was an offense who carried the team as it always has. The Cowboys have been a one dimensional group for a long time and the development was just as much part of the problem as draft risks and free agency! You see an actual plan in place after 23 games and a roster that made a serious turn for the better in a very short span of time. That starts with the evaluation of said roster. Where to improve and the domino effect of that. The GM doesn't just force feed draft picks.
Again , I didn’t say I haven’t seen a difference.

Your misconstruing my evaluation and take of previous HC situation to an analysis of this HC which I haven’t offered a comparison .

GMO415

Reaction score
Garrett didn't plan for an opponent. He said we play a certain way regardless. Hence, Romo checked out of 75% of the plays.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
What a difference between this coaching staff and the prior regime. Garrett would have told the world if Dak was starting or not, just to give a fair shot to our opponents :rolleyes:. I hated that about Garrett, but I love this about our coaching staff now. Why's disclose anything that isn't required by the leauge? Even Jerry and Stephen aren't saying much on the radio anymore. What a change we're starting to see. I like it.
The old coaching staff would have saved Pollard as a backup instead of utilizing 2 rbs

kskboys

Reaction score

Absolutely none. If Jerry had pulled his nonsense for a few years after Jimmy left and then wised up and hired a competent GM, I would barely remember him being GM. But, 26 years of incompetence? That would be like forgiving someone for raping and murdering your family.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
By the way McCarthy was favorite in Vegas to he one of the first coaches fired at the start of the season, he us now favorite to be coach of the year! :clap:

kskboys

Reaction score
By the way McCarthy was favorite in Vegas to he one of the first coaches fired at the start of the season, he us now favorite to be coach of the year! :clap:
Bottom line: Ignore the media.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be interesting to see where fans place their blame if they believe we have a great enough HC.

Could be fans as I suggested initially will be more satisfied with disappointment knowing they have a better HC

I think it will depend on the circumstances.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think McCarthy is a special coach, if that’s the question. Moore’s a special OC, and Quinn is better DC than any we’ve had since Zimmer. Kudos to McCarthy for assembling a really good staff.
And is what worries me about making Kellen a headcoach too early.

Does he have the network and pull to assemble a good staff? Already?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And is what worries me about making Kellen a headcoach too early.

Does he have the network and pull to assemble a good staff? Already?

He really doesn’t. So then it’s on Jerry and Company to help him do it, right? Scary thought.

I’m not sure there’s a good answer that ticks all the boxes. But Moore’s the franchise QB you build around. McCarthy is the talented vet good enough to maybe get it done if all the pieces around him are great. I think most teams would roll the dice with the franchise guy and try to put the easier pieces to find around him in that situation.