What a shame

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
This may have already been posted, but I was pretty surprised to see that we let Petitti go.

I think he looked good for a young Tackle. Most OL need 2-3 years to mature anyway.

I sure hated to see him go, especially since he could play both tackles.

We will RUE the day ... :lmao2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy said:
This may have already been posted, but I was pretty surprised to see that we let Petitti go.

I think he looked good for a young Tackle. Most OL need 2-3 years to mature anyway.

Quit yapping about it.

Just be happy Slaton started off just like he finished off in the Sugarbowl last year. :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:

That was the biggest suprise of all the cuts. I hope Petitti will catch on with some one I'm pretty sure he will. I don't know if keeping 2 kickers played a part in this but it would have been nice had Vandy at least shown the ability to kickoff.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
That was the biggest suprise of all the cuts. I hope Petitti will catch on with some one I'm pretty sure he will. I don't know if keeping 2 kickers played a part in this but it would have been nice had Vandy at least shown the ability to kickoff.
He's already been picked up by the Saints.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
It shouldn't have been a huge surprise with how little playing time he got this preseason. I guess Parcells only wants to have one developmental guy at tackle and McQ beat him out for that job this year.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Quit yapping about it.

Just be happy Slaton started off just like he finished off in the Sugarbowl last year. :D
Oh my gosh, that game was fun !!

Great sic pic too BP

If you get some time, would you make me one with Slaton, White and Schmitt, I think Owen is as good at what he does as Slaton & White are at what they do.

Slaton is so quick in the hole and fast too !

White was very efficient passing.

Schmitt is a stud !

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy said:
Oh my gosh, that game was fun !!

Great sic pic too BP

If you get some time, would you make me one with Slaton, White and Schmitt, I think Owen is as good at what he does as Slaton & White are at what they do.

Slaton is so quick in the hole and fast too !

White was very efficient passing.

Schmitt is a stud !

Yes I wanted to add him into the pic too but just could not find a decent pic of him.:(

You can use my current sig pic anytime you want though.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
people chill! you guys are crying over this more then when larry allen left. we lost an average at best right tackle. get over it

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:

Yeah, you missed the day-long cryfest.

I'm half expecting Pettiti's name to show up in the Ring of Honor any day now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chief said:

I'm glad I missed the cryfest. I like Pettiti and had hopes that he would develop into a quality tackle for Dallas. For what ever reason be it the numbers game (6 WR and 2 kickers) or BP feeling like the other tackles were ahead of Pettiti what is done is done and time for this team to get ready for a big season.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
You guys should be happy for him, he's going to a crappy team, he has a much better chance of sticking, playing, and developing there. I'm sorry he had to leave but believe me I think its for the best for him. I could not beleive how bad the Saints were til we played them in preseason, but again as far as advancement this is the place to be, they need talent, and man he can hang out on Bourbon Street, I mean he could have been wintering in Green Bay right. Anybody remember back in the day if you really wanted to f somebody you traded them to GB in the 70's.....

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Chief said:

I'm glad I missed the cryfest, but I do think he had an upside for the future.

Some OLinemen come of age in their 3rd year or so.

He already has good game experience, had improved quite a bit according to BP, and maybe he could have turned into a good OTackle.

It is exciting to hear Parcells talk about McQuistan though.

He and Petitti could have been a solid pair of young tackles in a few years.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Best I could tell, Pettiti's upside is to be maybe Phil Pozderac. Parcells seems to think McQ can develop into a starting left tackle, and those are hard to find. While looking to the future, it's also fair to consider the present. Some pretty smart people think the Cowboys are a contender. Keeping an experienced guy like Fabini probably is a wise move. Remember when the Cowboys brought in Forrest Gregg to fill a role all those years ago? Ray Donaldson too, for that matter. Not suggesting Fabini is a great player, at this point, but he does seem to provide the coaches with some comfort level.

conner01

Reaction score
something to consider. it's not about the 53 man roster but the 45 man game roster. you will only carry 3 ot's on the 45 man roster. who do you want to put in there if one of our ot's goes down, fabini the vet, or rob the guy with potential but still needs to develope? we tried the developmental guy last year. now if we had the room to take him on the 53 and still carry fabini that would be different but we don't have that luxury with 2 kickers and some nice young wrs

wileedog

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
He and Petitti could have been a solid pair of young tackles in a few years.

So could McQ and Columbo, who's only 27.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
It shouldn't have been a huge surprise with how little playing time he got this preseason. I guess Parcells only wants to have one developmental guy at tackle and McQ beat him out for that job this year.

I agree it seems hard to believe that anyone is shocked at his release when you consider he barely saw the field the entire preseason. Alot of people view this as a bad thing I take it as a sign that our Oline is improved. Why else would we part with a guy who played every snap last year at RT and worked hard all offseason to get stronger?