What a Steelers fan said to me...

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2866380 said:
Sounded like he was given a loaded question and just beat him to the punch with a sarcastic remark.

The Tomlin thing is a bit overblown. Great leaders are great at delegating authority and motivating people. Jimmy Johnson and Mike Ditka weren't exactly known for their X's and O's.

YAKUZA

My take as well. He is just got mad that he had a zinger dropped on him before he had a chance to unleash his zinger.:laugh2:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys22;2866297 said:
Sounds like you made the sarcastic remark and he responded with what is likely the truth. I've never heard anything about an circus atmosphere at a steeler's training camp.

There are no animals at Steelers training camp just animal hormones being pumped into players backsides.

I'd ask him how many former Steelers are living under bridges nowadays.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Fletch;2866221 said:
I'm here at work, sitting down for lunch letting you guys know what I just heard no more than 2 minutes ago from a Steelers groupie.

I was asked if I knew the reason why Mike Shanahan and another unnamed coach were visiting Steelers training camp yesterday in Latrobe, PA. I told him in a sarcastic manner that I figured they were there to see what a cheerleader (Mike Tomlin) looked like while his coordinators did all the work. :D

My co-worker flat out told me with a very serious tone that the sole reason was to see how a first class, top notch organization runs a team. He went on to say that everything in training camp runs so smooth for the Steelers and that's why they are so good. It's his not so subtle way of rubbing it in since he knows I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan.

See what I have to put up with on a daily basis living here in PA? Talk about cocky and just down right annoying. I'm just gonna let our boys do the talking for me!

Since they have won two Super Bowls and our team hasn't made the play-offs since the last century, I fail to see what the rhubarb is about his comments.

However, pretty much the same ownership that didn't win a title for over half a century. So either they got smart or the game is cyclical.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Let me guess...............Duh. Howcome you have all your teeth? :lmao2:

I slay myself sometimes.................:lmao:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
*Shrugs* When your team when it gives you the ability, and right, to be a little more cocky and arrogant. It's not like Cowboys fans aren't exactly the same way when our team is winning.

People can knock them, and call them paper champions, and all that all they want but it's nothing more than sour grapes. The fact is they ARE champions. Period. They won it, they own it, nothing any of that sour grape whinning can do about it.

Same as when any other team wins. You win the Superbowl and they can't take that away from you no matter what amount of crying someone does about it.

When we win another Superbowl, rather the refs blow a call in our favor or not, there won't be any fans here going, 'Yeah we're champs...but'.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The cards just seem to line up for them. I know good prgrams get good breaks, but they just seem to be very lucky with ref calls and other outside influneces.

The Titans would have smoked them in the playoffs last year (and did pound them badly in December). But the freaky stars aligned for ther Ravens vs the Titans in one of the all-time weird games last season...so the Steelers got to play Baltimore..and then Zona for goodness sake.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DFWJC;2866913 said:
The cards just seem to line up for them. I know good prgrams get good breaks, but they just seem to be very lucky with ref calls and other outside influneces.

The Titans would have smoked them in the playoffs last year (and did pound them badly in December). But the freaky stars aligned for ther Ravens vs the Titans in one of the all-time weird games last season...so the Steelers got to play Baltimore..and then Zona for goodness sake.

And how is that their fault or have anything to do with them taking care of business? They beat the people who found their ways onto the field with them. It's not like the Steelers can control the fact that the Titans suddenly forgot that they actually had to hold onto the ball when they got inside the 30 against the Ravens.

The Titans didn't take care of business. The Steelers did. Bottom line.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
texbumthelife;2866234 said:
Sounds like you started it to me.... :(

couldnt agree more. Plus they dont change there style of play. They have a method. Cower wins...Cower leaves and both of his understudies take there team to the bowl with in 2 seasons to face off against each other. One took the Cardinals.....let that sink in... the Cardinals. I cant argue with him right now.

DFWJC

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2866917 said:
And how is that their fault or have anything to do with them taking care of business? They beat the people who found their ways onto the field with them. It's not like the Steelers can control the fact that the Titans suddenly forgot that they actually had to hold onto the ball when they got inside the 30 against the Ravens.

The Titans didn't take care of business. The Steelers did. Bottom line.

Of course it's not their fault....and I certainly did not say it was.

Like I said, good programs make their own breaks.

As for the ref calls--it was more of jsut an observation. Event he other day on the NFL channel, they listed top 10 most controversial calls or plays. It seemed that a huge number were plays or calls that went in their advantage and basically none went against them. It was weird, but again, it's not their fault. Even if they were in 2 of the plays it would have been a lot, but they were in 4-6 of them. No big deal, just something I noticed.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Great coaches delegate. No coach is great without the great staff.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
casmith07;2866780 said:
I happen to think Mike Tomlin is a great coach. I still hate the Steelers though :p:

Our friend's son goes to school with Tomlin's kid. Said Tomlin is a really nice guy in person.

Aikbach

Reaction score
With a quarterback facing rape allegations it doesn't sound like training camp will be to smooth for the Steelers.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
jterrell;2866831 said:
There are no animals at Steelers training camp just animal hormones being pumped into players backsides.

I'd ask him how many former Steelers are living under bridges nowadays.

I know about the past allegations, but are there any new steroid allegations against the steelers?

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
DCBoysfan;2866352 said:
Well they are the Superbowl Champs, IMHO you have a right to be sarcastic when you win.;)

to the winner goes the spoils....we had our chance to beat em and blew it..

BraveHeartFan;2866892 said:
*Shrugs* When your team when it gives you the ability, and right, to be a little more cocky and arrogant. It's not like Cowboys fans aren't exactly the same way when our team is winning.

People can knock them, and call them paper champions, and all that all they want but it's nothing more than sour grapes. The fact is they ARE champions. Period. They won it, they own it, nothing any of that sour grape whinning can do about it.

Same as when any other team wins. You win the Superbowl and they can't take that away from you no matter what amount of crying someone does about it.

When we win another Superbowl, rather the refs blow a call in our favor or not, there won't be any fans here going, 'Yeah we're champs...but'.

i wouldnt bet on that.....:banghead:

Aikbach;2867073 said:
With a quarterback facing rape allegations it doesn't sound like training camp will be to smooth for the Steelers.
:muttley:

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Fletch;2866221 said:
I'm here at work, sitting down for lunch letting you guys know what I just heard no more than 2 minutes ago from a Steelers groupie.

I was asked if I knew the reason why Mike Shanahan and another unnamed coach were visiting Steelers training camp yesterday in Latrobe, PA. I told him in a sarcastic manner that I figured they were there to see what a cheerleader (Mike Tomlin) looked like while his coordinators did all the work. :D

My co-worker flat out told me with a very serious tone that the sole reason was to see how a first class, top notch organization runs a team. He went on to say that everything in training camp runs so smooth for the Steelers and that's why they are so good. It's his not so subtle way of rubbing it in since he knows I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan.

See what I have to put up with on a daily basis living here in PA? Talk about cocky and just down right annoying. I'm just gonna let our boys do the talking for me!

Perhaps he was catching up with one of the defensive coaches. Someone he may want to employ next season. :)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I had a run in with a Steeler fan on a bus at Disney World. I had to listen to him yammer on for 10 minutes about the Steelers and Penguins and his commenting on my Cowboy cooties (I had a Cowboy tshirt on). I said the Penguins were given Crosby in a rigged draft and the Steelers get the benefit of every call.

He actually believes the Steeler guy was in the end zone against the Ravens and that the NFL made the right call to overturn it.

I shut him up pretty quickly though when I asked why the fans of such a tough team wave yellow hankies during games.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Sarge;2866241 said:
Yep - you make a sarcastic remark, you're going to get retaliation most of the time.

You have to know the guy. I rarely get sarcastic, and usually go along with them and let them have their day. This guy was going to say it regardless. It's just how he is. So I let it fly with some sarcasm. I probably know more about his team than he does. And that's sad. He usually just rides the bandwagon. When they lose, he goes off on Ben for the most part.

Yeah, I induced it a little. But he was going to go there regardless. Just thought I'd share a day in the life of a Cowboys fan stuck in western PA. Thanks for backing me up. :rolleyes: :p:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2866380 said:
Sounded like he was given a loaded question and just beat him to the punch with a sarcastic remark.

The Tomlin thing is a bit overblown. Great leaders are great at delegating authority and motivating people. Jimmy Johnson and Mike Ditka weren't exactly known for their X's and O's.

YAKUZA

Thank you Yakuza! :starspin

tiny tim

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2867154 said:
I had a run in with a Steeler fan on a bus at Disney World. I had to listen to him yammer on for 10 minutes about the Steelers and Penguins and his commenting on my Cowboy cooties (I had a Cowboy tshirt on). I said the Penguins were given Crosby in a rigged draft and the Steelers get the benefit of every call.

He actually believes the Steeler guy was in the end zone against the Ravens and that the NFL made the right call to overturn it.

I shut him up pretty quickly though when I asked why the fans of such a tough team wave yellow hankies during games.

Did you meet any Cowboys fans in DisneyWorld? In DisneyWorld I have had Cowboys fans tell me that they like my Cowboys Jersey,Cowboys hat ect. :starspin