What a terrible draft for what was in front of us and available to us

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
People are wildly overrating Torrence.

I liked him and at one point wanted him in the first, but he's not a can't-miss, blue chip prospect. There are guys like him in every draft.
Maybe, yeah.

For me, Torrence seemed like a safe pick, and I desire safe picks in the 2nd because of how we've traditionally rolled the dice in the round.

Guards have a low bust rate, and the kid has size and has had success in the premier conference. Seemed like there was a high chance we would have gotten a C+ starter at worst.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Maybe, yeah.

For me, Torrence seemed like a safe pick, and I desire safe picks in the 2nd because of how we've traditionally rolled the dice in the round.

Guards have a low bust rate, and the kid has size and has had success in the premier conference. Seemed like there was a high chance we would have gotten a C+ starter at worst.
That's not really any better than a C+ TE though.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
That's not really any better than a C+ TE though.
TE, G, LB, and S are the safest picks in the league, so to some extent I agree.

For me, I just value G/LB over TE/S and right now we seem to have a bigger question mark at G than TE.

Furthermore, the value did not feel great there with Schoonmaker considering his age and pre-draft rumblings, whereas the value for Torrence was pretty much immediately confirmed thereafter.

All that said, I'm still going to have faith in McClay and the Scout team. If this helps us be a more physical offensive team, then I'm all for it.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
TE, G, LB, and S are the safest picks in the league, so to some extent I agree.

For me, I just value G/LB over TE/S and right now we seem to have a bigger question mark at G than TE.

Furthermore, the value did not feel great there with Schoonmaker considering his age and pre-draft rumblings, whereas the value for Torrence was pretty much immediately confirmed thereafter.

All that said, I'm still going to have faith in McClay and the Scout team. If this helps us be a more physical offensive team, then I'm all for it.
Fair enough.

I guess I'd just say that the value of Schoonmaker is probably confirmed by the other TEs going right before him as much as Torrence is confirmed going right after.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Couldn't think of a worse job. I can get past the 1st and 3rd round picks. Those while not great for what was there at least those you could sell to me a little but combine that with the rest of this draft and my god what a travesty. The reach for TE in the 2nd was one of the worst for a position in a while. You could tell the Joneses and Fat Mike interfered with McClays work. Terrible, just Terrible.
LOOOOL