What a trade does to this team

Verdict

Reaction score
Denver won the SB with a junk QB. So I wouldn't assume they'd be willing to part with multiple #1 picks for Romo. They balked at sending just one #1 pick to Philly for Bradford.

Maybe so. According to some our roster sucks and none of our players are worth anything.
Bridgewater might not be back. I've read and heard reports that say his recovery may be more than just one year.

Yes, that is true. It is possible that he won't be back for two years but it isn't a certainty. But assuming he comes back (likely will) at some point then they have the same issue we do and can move one of them for compensation.

Verdict

Reaction score
Romo isnt going anywhere this yr period, No need toi talk about what ifs.

And im going to tell you, he isnt going to start either. Not one game, and im going to tell you why. Jerry is going to trade him in the offseason to QB desperate team, and the one that makes sense to me is the Jets. They have the established Wrs to make him fit in seamlessly. They have the running philosphy along with a good enough OL to keep him upright. Jets have Richardson and Wilkerson who they have put on the trade block. Give me one of them along with a 3rd or 2nd and Romo is all urs.

Remember this, Romo to the Jets for a pick and one of the DL

I think the Jets, Denver, San Francisco, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Chicago and Miami might be interested. You could also lump in the Cardinals and Cincinnati into that mix as well depending on how they finish this year.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
LOL.

The compensation for Romo would be small. He's a QB on the last legs of his career and carries a big contract.

Three #1 picks for Romo might be the craziest thing ever uttered on this board in its entire existence.
:hammer:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
In response to the prior posters who think I am delusional, and those who think I am delusional for offering the foregoing, here is my response. You guys have absolutely no idea what a top tier NFL QB will command in terms of salary cap. Romo is a top 5 QB in this league when healthy. That is why even though Dak is winning, he will, in all likelihood be replaced. A top 5 QB will get $20 million per year, IF and I do mean IF you already have one. They don't come available very often. Romo would be an anomaly in the NFL landscape.

No one thought anything of Sam Bradford (actually I did) and he netted a 1st and a 4th that can become a 2nd. Chew on that a little bit and see how it tastes. Romo has a much better resume than Bradford does. Romo will not be cheaply traded away, if the Cowboys have any ******* clue what they are doing. If we actually trade him, I am telling you that if he doesn't net a first I would be more than shocked. Getting a top 5 pick from a team is probably worth more on the trade chart than 3 late round picks.

The Broncos are watching the Vikings win, because they had the balls to trade for Sam Bradford. Say what you want but the Vikings defense is not nearly as good as the Broncos defense is. While it may only make sense to the Broncos to pull the trigger, it is worth a lot to them. Elway has the balls to do that deal. He won a SB with the Peyton Manning risk. If the Broncos think Simian can get it done, then great, But I highly doubt that Lynch will get them where they want to be in the next three years.

Keep in mind that the Vikings traded for Bradford having a guy that they like in Teddy Bridgewater. Teddy may be back next year, or maybe not, but the Vikings didn't wait to see. They pulled the trigger on a less QB than Romo.

Agree. Romo has value more than what people think. Romo is better than Bradford. Problem is that he is injury prone. So has Bradford. But look how much a team was willing to pay for him.

I think Romo could have that same pricetag on his head if we decide to trade him. I bet Denver must be cussing themselves for not putting a trade like that for Bradford. They might be wiling to do the same thing for Romo.

irving

Reaction score
they were ready for a playoff run and opening a new stadium......no one had them as SB contenders
They were ready for more than a playoff run, once they got Bradford, no direspect meant to Bridgewater. I'm sure the coach knew getting Bradford would allow the team to open up the offense . Bradford has been injury prone, but at this point in his career is a better quarterback than Bridgewater. The Viking defense was already known to be one of the better units in the league. So I think the coach, as well as many people who watch the league, felt the Bradford trade put the Vikings near the top of the NFC, if not the entire league. Making them more than just a playoff contender. The Vikings were already known to be a team, that played the game well in all three fazes of the game. They gave up what they did, because they realized they could go for it all. No direspect ment to your opinion.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Romo nor Dez are going anywhere in the near future like in not going to happen period. To many threads with people not knowing the Cowboys organization or Jerry Jones. Romo will be here at least through 2017 and maybe even 2018 unless he retires. Dez has got at least another 3 years most likely 4 or 5. Cowboys are not going to mess with the chemistry this team has at the moment. Now we will see a trade but the guys name is McFadden not Romo and not Dez.