CFZ What About a Less-Talented Team with a Chip on their Shoulders?

Mannix

Reaction score
Give me talent any day of the week....who on this team currently plays like he has a chip on their shoulder???

ESisback

Reaction score
Give me talent any day of the week....who on this team currently plays like he has a chip on their shoulder???

Micah Parsons, Zach Martin, Gallimore, there’s likely others, but we can only speculate.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It's been repeated several times that they've had the worse off season in the NFL. So they should have a chip on their shoulders and set out to prove people wrong.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
So, this team needs to find its identity, gel, become cohesive, and I think it generally has the experience and chemistry to do that and start the season out anywhere between 4-0 to 1-3, I'd suspect, with it being more likely we're something like 3-1, at that point, and in first place of the division, again.

We have lost some players with talent. But experience can help team tremendously, along with the the off-season, competition for positions training camp, all that stufff helps mold your team's identity going into the next season.

In some ways, I kind of like that. Like all of you, I haven't been as enamored by the team as I've been in previous years. Something about the Cowboys does feel like I'm being sold a bag of crap wrapped in gold.

Every.

Single.

Year.

And that's tiring.

And, then, the cycle repeats, and there's always next year.

By this time, nobody expects them to do anything.

"It's the Cowboys; they haven't won in almost 30 years" they'll say.

But we're due.

I like Kellen Moore, but I hope he's putting in some time this offseason looking where he went wrong. The schemes he was running on our lines against the 9ers, kind of hurt us.

We're weak up the middle as a team. I would like to see that addressed in the draft.

Aside from the soft spot in the middle, this team is actually pretty good.

Dakota Prescott included.

I personally would like to see him hitting the gym as much as possible, as well as the film room. That, and I would like to see him doing his own training regimen like Tom Brady. He's got all the talent; something has to click for him. He has to find that, whatever it is, and that usually comes from putting in the extra time.

In any case, given our history, what we need right now is a new identity moving forward so that we can control our own narrative moving forward, as champions once again.

The past cannot be rewritten.

But we can play with a chip on our shoulders and win when everyone else has written us off.

Sometimes, your team's mentality wins games.

See the beginnings of the Patriots dynasty.

I would like the Cowboys to take one step at a time before thinking about a dynasty.

But the atmosphere, something, has to change this year..

There needs to be a mindset, a chip on their shoulders.. etc.
Been there done that 1997, 2004, 2008, 2010-2013, 2015, 2017-first half 2018, 2019, and less talent chip on the shoulder will fail in 2022. Talent and coaching goes hand in hand.

morat1959

Reaction score
So, this team needs to find its identity, gel, become cohesive, and I think it generally has the experience and chemistry to do that and start the season out anywhere between 4-0 to 1-3, I'd suspect, with it being more likely we're something like 3-1, at that point, and in first place of the division, again.

We have lost some players with talent. But experience can help team tremendously, along with the the off-season, competition for positions training camp, all that stufff helps mold your team's identity going into the next season.

In some ways, I kind of like that. Like all of you, I haven't been as enamored by the team as I've been in previous years. Something about the Cowboys does feel like I'm being sold a bag of crap wrapped in gold.

Every.

Single.

Year.

And that's tiring.

But we're due.

I like Kellen Moore, but I hope he's putting in some time this offseason looking where he went wrong. The schemes he was running on our lines against the 9ers, kind of hurt us.

We're weak up the middle as a team. I would like to see that addressed in the draft.

I personally would like to see him hitting the gym as much as possible, as well as the film room. That, and I would like to see him doing his own training regimen like Tom Brady. He's got all the talent; something has to click for him. He has to find that, whatever it is, and that usually comes from putting in the extra time.

In any case, given our history, what we need right now is a new identity moving forward so that we can control our own narrative moving forward, as champions once again.

But we can play with a chip on our shoulders and win when everyone else has written us off.

I would like the Cowboys to take one step at a time before thinking about a dynasty.

You live in a dream world.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dallas comes out flat with a great team, I hate to see how they respond this year........

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The same injury prescott came back from in under a year put Joe Theismann into retirement

Dak's was a compound fracture and dislocation of his right ankle while Joe's was a comminuted compound fracture of the tibia and fibula in his right leg.

Both were very serious obviously but I believe Joe's was potentially life threatening and certainly a threat to the lose the leg while Dak's did not pose those same risks. Plus medical advancements over 35 years.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak's was a compound fracture and dislocation of his right ankle while Joe's was a comminuted compound fracture of the tibia and fibula in his right leg.

Both were very serious obviously but I believe Joe's was potentially life threatening and certainly a threat to the lose the leg while Dak's did not pose those same risks. Plus medical advancements over 35 years.
Theismann said himself that it would take Prescott a couple of years to get back to 100%. I should have just said that. He made no mention of his being life threatening.
Not just the physical, which Dak himself and others said he's recovered from, but getting back into the training of football is the point vs. spending an off season rehabbing. That was the main point I guess.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Less talented teams achieve and over achieve all the time. This team is not one of those teams that will. Ownership is quite content with an under achieving over paid roster…

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It would be a great start if they could be a well coached team that does not beat themselves, keeps mistakes to a minimum. Talent is not enough. The coaching needs to improve, from head coach to coordinators to assistants. Which means get rid of stupid players.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
When you have the Goat at QB and coach, I could live with there roster regardless, everything else is cherry on the top.

Nobody new Tom Brady was the GOAT against Kurt Warner in 2002, though.. that's what I"m saying.

Patriots are the perfect example about what I'm talking about.

plymkr

Reaction score
Get a team of guys psychologically-obsessed with winning.
Jerry and Stephen have to be psychologically obsessed with winning if we want the players to follow suit. You said it earlier, we haven't had that since Jimmy left. After Jimmy left we had Aikman, Irvin, Woodson, Emmitt that was obsessed with winning and they carried us. When they retired we haven't had that obsession. If Jerry and Stephen aren't obsessed with winning then we can't expect the players to be. It sucks but it's follow the leader in Dallas and the leader is clueless.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Nobody new Tom Brady was the GOAT against Kurt Warner in 2002, though.. that's what I"m saying.

But even leading up till the first SB, the coach knew he was better than what they did had a QB, why Drew could not get his job back and became a boys but see where you are trying to go. You have to start out somewhere. Even MJ was not considered the Goat his first NBA game but you could see the talent right from the start.
But I see what you are saying and def. respect your opinion and what you are saying.

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score

A lot of their success was the culture that was instilled by the coaches. They wanted to win. Losing wasn't acceptable. That can't here because Jerry refuses to give the coaches that kind of control and instills his own culture instead...one that's been proven to fail time and again.

garyv

Reaction score

Every.

Single.

Year.

And that's tiring.

But we're due.

I actually prefer half the roster with younger guys that have chips on their shoulders or fighting for a second contract