What about Sam Williams at LB?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was just listening to a radio show and it was mentioned about Sam being a LB. Is it something he could do, something he could learn this sudden, something he'd want to risk for the betterment of the team.

If anything it would get him on the field more often. He has great speed, but speed isn't anything if you can't process what's happening and get to the ball! Please give your thoughts

Jarntt

Reaction score
Was just listening to a radio show and it was mentioned about Sam being a LB. Is it something he could do, something he could learn this sudden, something he'd want to risk for the betterment of the team.

If anything it would get him on the field more often. He has great speed, but speed isn't anything if you can't process what's happening and get to the ball! Please give your thoughts
No, I don't think Williams is an off the ball LB in this scheme. He's an edge.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

No, he doesn't have the skill set to be a LB. And why would you want to make a quality pass rusher into an off ball LB anyways

kskboys

Reaction score
Our defense I think would be better having micah playin LB on 1st downs.

Shoot me.
Many of us think so. However, we must have two quality pass rushers to make it happen.

Reactions: G2

bigE79

Reaction score

Isn't that the reason we signed Evans? I hardly see him on the field,it's not like Clark is setting the world on fire stopping the run.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Has to be Micah if their making a move. At this point I'd like to see Evans get more snaps just to see what he can do. However, I'm cool with Clark n Bell knowing this playing time will make them better next year.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He’s a really good athlete but I don’t think I like the idea.

1. He is more valuable to keep developing at edge.

2. A mid season move like this, learning a new position? He wouldn’t be ready to play IMO. This kind of transition would take a while before he would play at a high level.