What are odds of Randy Gregory playing this season

DanA

Reaction score
My guess is this is less about the CBA and more about heading off a future lawsuit. The NFL have been pushing opioids on players for decades and I could easily see a class action suit similar to the CTE one. With strong evidence pointing to marijuana as a potential alternative, it’d look really bad if they kept this hard line approach.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
I can’t help but to think that everyone’s realizes that testing and punishing for marijuana is a fool’s errand and in nobody’s best interests. And I wonder if this isn’t simply ended as a ‘peace offering’ to the players for the upcoming CBA negotiations?

I would imagine the owners want this to go away almost has bad as the players do. They will use it has a bargaining chip anyway because lets face it... They are the owners for a reason.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If Jones gets a new CBA in place before the start of the regular season, he gets a bone thrown in his direction. Especially if Gregory is the face of the program.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would imagine the owners want this to go away almost has bad as the players do. They will use it has a bargaining chip anyway because lets face it... They are the owners for a reason.

I think they realize that the players know it’s a headache for both sides and will give up nothing.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
I think they realize that the players know it’s a headache for both sides and will give up nothing.

Yea, maybe. Always seems like they do a better job of pushing their agenda through at the expense of something much less important to them. But you're probably right.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jones gets a new CBA in place before the start of the regular season, he gets a bone thrown in his direction. Especially if Gregory is the face of the program.

I think that’s at least some level of motivation.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Does anyone really think he wants to play ball? I think the smoking a blunt and finding it funny photos indicate he doesn't have the desire or even the self discipline to be a pro ball player. regardless of his affinity for chronic.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Does anyone really think he wants to play ball? I think the smoking a blunt and finding it funny photos indicate he doesn't have the desire or even the self discipline to be a pro ball player. regardless of his affinity for chronic.

:hammer:

He's stealing money...no doubt. Jay Ratliff / David Irving level...Why Jerry puts up w/ it???? Beyond me. I know I wouldn't :popcorn:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Sorry if repost but anyone thinks he gets reinstated during the season?

BTW.....didn't know Cowboys gave him a small extension. Wonder how/if that affected additional years?

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/07/dallas-cowboys-randy-gregory-player-profile-2019/

The days are counting down to the 2019 season and the Dallas Cowboys have reason to feel self-assured about their defensive line. Additions via free agency, a opportunistic trade and a line-centric draft have stocked the position group to a level that has not been seen in Dallas since the glory days of the early 1990s.

While the added firepower provided by veteran additions Robert Quinn, Christian Covington and Kerry Hyder along with rookies Trysten Hill, Joe Jackson and Jalen Jelks is enough to get giddy about, there is still one other key talent that could cause even more excitement and that is Randy Gregory.

It is easy to categorically dismiss Gregory in terms for the season if one takes the “indefinite” terminology that was rolled up in his most recent suspension by the league literally. His continued struggle with his inner demons and an admitted dependence on the use of marijuana makes it difficult to depend on his availability. He has been suspended on four separate occasions and it has limited his career to a mere 28 games of football since became a Cowboy in 2015

In fact, the Cowboys gave Gregory an extension during the offseason, cementing their commitment to him by providing him with a small signing bonus to carry him over through the summer and into however long the suspension plays out.​

Smart. Support him on the cheap while he's down.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In fact, the Cowboys gave Gregory an extension during the offseason, cementing their commitment to him by providing him with a small signing bonus to carry him over through the summer and into however long the suspension plays out.​

Smart. Support him on the cheap while he's down.

True.......cold but smart like you say (lol)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm sure he will be reinstated at some point, my concern is when is the next suspension going to happen? I really had hoped he could get things squared away but it just continues. I would hope Cowboys would just move on from him, he is not dependable. Of course I hope he gets his life together but as a fan my big concern is always the team and Dallas just can't continue doing this with Gregory
with quinn, hyper, armstrong and lastly taco, we have hedged our bets on gregory.