What are some positives to take away from this season?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
One bright spot, and this may not be everyone's ideal pick, but our kicker! It felt good to see our kicker go out there and be reliable, and make the kids that we needed. Were there a few issues, yes, but nothing compared to the previous season.

Another point for me could be our depth on the OL-Bass, Richards, (there's another player I can't think of his name, young guy) not Edunga!!! Please give your positive points of this season....!

yentl911

Reaction score
TE Ferguson is going to be good. Love the toughness and attitude.
CeeDee taking his game to the next level. Top 5 WR now no question.
We have our kicker - awesome year and I see him being a long term weapon for us. Sensational year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
TE Ferguson is going to be good. Love the toughness and attitude.
CeeDee taking his game to the next level. Top 5 WR now no question.
We have our kicker - awesome year and I see him being a long term weapon for us. Sensational year.
Phenomenal points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Creeper

Reaction score
One bright spot, and this may not be everyone's ideal pick, but our kicker! It felt good to see our kicker go out there and be reliable, and make the kids that we needed. Were there a few issues, yes, but nothing compared to the previous season.

Another point for me could be our depth on the OL-Bass, Richards, (there's another player I can't think of his name, young guy) not Edunga!!! Please give your positive points of this season....!
Our kicker was solid all season, but I am slightly troubled by some misses late in the year. But that too seemed indicative of an entire team not playing its best football at the end of the season.

I think Dak was a bright spot this season. He cut down his INTs, and more importantly his mechanics stayed sound the entire season. Usually late in the year he starts to let his mechanics slide a little and he loses accuracy. This year that did not happen.

CeeDee was a bright spot. He was uncoverable for a large part of the season. However, if CeeDee turns into a prima donna always wanting the football I will be out on him. When he complains Dak forces the ball to him. That's a bad thing to do. They will offer CeeDee and extension and I am curious to see if he accepts one. If he doesn't that means he wants out of Dallas after his 5th year. If that's the case then Dallas should trade him now and get something back. Given his contract and age, he should absolutely bring a 1st round pick from someone.

I was encouraged by TJ Bass and Brock Hoffman. They didn't get much playing time, but Bass and Hoffman held their own when they subbed for Tyler and Zack. I liked the fight I saw from both of them, but particularly Hoffman. Offensive linemen who are blocking or looking for someone to block until the whistle blows are encouraging to me.

You have to love the development of Ferguson, not only as a receiver but as an inspiration for the rest of the team. He is always looking to make a tough guy play to motivate the team.

I am encouraged by why I saw of DeMarvion Overshown. I know we need to see more but what we saw looked pretty good.

Unfortunately there was a lot more discouraging stuff then encouraging stuff we saw this year.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Yes. We have a total stud kicker.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

You hit the ones that were there.
The kicker was the highlight of the season.
I guess you can say CD had a break out year.

foofighters

Reaction score

I am positive that you playing outside would do you some good.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't need any more kids!! And that's nothing but Aubrey's business if he's "making kids". LOL Just messing with you Coogi!! :muttley:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Our kicker was solid all season, but I am slightly troubled by some misses late in the year. But that too seemed indicative of an entire team not playing its best football at the end of the season.

I think Dak was a bright spot this season. He cut down his INTs, and more importantly his mechanics stayed sound the entire season. Usually late in the year he starts to let his mechanics slide a little and he loses accuracy. This year that did not happen.

CeeDee was a bright spot. He was uncoverable for a large part of the season. However, if CeeDee turns into a prima donna always wanting the football I will be out on him. When he complains Dak forces the ball to him. That's a bad thing to do. They will offer CeeDee and extension and I am curious to see if he accepts one. If he doesn't that means he wants out of Dallas after his 5th year. If that's the case then Dallas should trade him now and get something back. Given his contract and age, he should absolutely bring a 1st round pick from someone.

I was encouraged by TJ Bass and Brock Hoffman. They didn't get much playing time, but Bass and Hoffman held their own when they subbed for Tyler and Zack. I liked the fight I saw from both of them, but particularly Hoffman. Offensive linemen who are blocking or looking for someone to block until the whistle blows are encouraging to me.

You have to love the development of Ferguson, not only as a receiver but as an inspiration for the rest of the team. He is always looking to make a tough guy play to motivate the team.

I am encouraged by why I saw of DeMarvion Overshown. I know we need to see more but what we saw looked pretty good.

Unfortunately there was a lot more discouraging stuff then encouraging stuff we saw this year.
Hoffman could not think of his name!!!!!!!!!

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It sucked how this year ended, but there were a ton of positives.

• CeeDee blossomed into an absolute stud. The 1st team All-Pro was totally deserved. He's the best Cowboys receiver since Dez, if he hasn't surpassed him.
  • Tyron stayed healthy, and delivered another gold jacket level season at one of football's most important positions.
  • Tyler Smith took a monster step forward, from a decent and promising LT to a world-destroyer at LG. His All-Pro nod may be the first of many.
  • Jake Ferguson also took a step forward and became a legitimate top 10 NFL TE.
  • Osa developed into the kind of disrupter at DT that we haven't seen since Ratliff.
  • DeMarcus Lawrence turned back the clock and put in one of his best seasons ever at age 31. He isn't close to done.
  • Da'Ron Bland literally set an NFL record for most housed picks.
  • Brandon Aubrey stepped in at a position we were absolutely crapping bricks at, and shot the lights out.