What are some positives to take away from this season?

quickccc

Reaction score
One bright spot, and this may not be everyone's ideal pick, but our kicker! It felt good to see our kicker go out there and be reliable, and make the kids that we needed. Were there a few issues, yes, but nothing compared to the previous season.

Another point for me could be our depth on the OL-Bass, Richards, (there's another player I can't think of his name, young guy) not Edunga!!! Please give your positive points of this season....!
- CB Daron Bland has come into his own .. set NFL record for pick six .. performed brilliantly at outside starting CB once Diggs went down for year.

- TE Ferguson has emerged as a quality TE and quickly not many are regretting Dalton Schultz departure.

- i don't consider Richards depth quality yet has he's not been in position to gain experience.

- Bass has had to start per injury to Martin and Tyler- Richard has not been placed in a injury- starting
experience yet.

- RB Rico D. was a major contributor this year; for most part, he stayed healthy, and performed well

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m positive next year won’t be any different
So, what is the point of this? There are 400 threads from Eeyore and company.

One thread asking for something positive and you drop a turd in the punch bowl.

Might as well cut and paste the same response to every single thread.

JBS

Reaction score

Cool story, bro

Can you tell it again ?

Kwyn

Reaction score
Cool story, bro

Can you tell it again ?

There you go. I just cut and paste rather than give a response any thought. Much like your contribution.

chagus

Reaction score
One bright spot, and this may not be everyone's ideal pick, but our kicker! It felt good to see our kicker go out there and be reliable, and make the kids that we needed. Were there a few issues, yes, but nothing compared to the previous season.

Another point for me could be our depth on the OL-Bass, Richards, (there's another player I can't think of his name, young guy) not Edunga!!! Please give your positive points of this season....!
Dont forget DaRon Bland.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Dak playing his best football of his career, CeeDee having his best season in a contract year, Bland playing at an All-Pro level, Micah continues to improve, MM coaching the offense. Tyler and Tyron dominating the left side together.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It sucked how this year ended, but there were a ton of positives.

• CeeDee blossomed into an absolute stud. The 1st team All-Pro was totally deserved. He's the best Cowboys receiver since Dez, if he hasn't surpassed him.
  • Tyron stayed healthy, and delivered another gold jacket level season at one of football's most important positions.
  • Tyler Smith took a monster step forward, from a decent and promising LT to a world-destroyer at LG. His All-Pro nod may be the first of many.
  • Jake Ferguson also took a step forward and became a legitimate top 10 NFL TE.
  • Osa developed into the kind of disrupter at DT that we haven't seen since Ratliff.
  • DeMarcus Lawrence turned back the clock and put in one of his best seasons ever at age 31. He isn't close to done.
  • Da'Ron Bland literally set an NFL record for most housed picks.
  • Brandon Aubrey stepped in at a position we were absolutely crapping bricks at, and shot the lights out.
Great list. :thumbup:

MarkP88

Reaction score

• CeeDee blossomed into an absolute stud. The 1st team All-Pro was totally deserved. He's the best Cowboys receiver since Dez, if he hasn't surpassed him.
  • Tyron stayed healthy, and delivered another gold jacket level season at one of football's most important positions.
  • Tyler Smith took a monster step forward, from a decent and promising LT to a world-destroyer at LG. His All-Pro nod may be the first of many.
  • Osa developed into the kind of disrupter at DT that we haven't seen since Ratliff.
  • DeMarcus Lawrence turned back the clock and put in one of his best seasons ever at age 31. He isn't close to done.
  • Brandon Aubrey stepped in at a position we were absolutely crapping bricks at, and shot the lights out.
This is a nice list except for one bullet point, which bears no semblance to reality.

Reaction score

Do we need kids?

Nexx

Reaction score

completely disagree with you on one point. OSA. the guy flashed earlier and didnt show much late. the guy is too small to be an every down DT. Much of the run stopping issues lays on him getting bullied.

dckid

Reaction score

CeeDee, Aubrey. Tyler Smith, Bland, Ferguson.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
CeeDee’s numbers came about as a result of not having other reliable receivers and ZERO running game.

It’s going to look like he regressed next year if the O-line is finally addressed (especially LT, C, RT), and they create an all new RB room, and get a dependable, new WR or two (depending on how our guys progress in the off season).

K and P were very, very good. K didn’t miss until the Detroit game and post season though! I like Fassell, mostly did a good job. Mostly.

We don’t have any LB-ers! NONE! But maybe Overshown might be one? He looked promising early on, but who knows how he’ll be post injury?

Is Mazi really on a diet? Because they need gap eating maulers in the middle to stop the run. Coming here might’ve been the worst thing that could’ve happened to him. We have one, but we need at least two!

I felt good about our DBs…now how they were used in the playoffs, well…

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
We werent subjected to seeing them lose to SF for the 3rd straight year (ps)
The mighty Eagles who were gonna break the NFCE curse had one of the most epic collapses of all time giving us much to laugh at
We finally got a kicker, its been a long time
We survived losing our top CB and next year that tandom is something be get excited about
OL depth was pretty good
Its a negative but there no doubt we need better RB's now
Ferguson is a beast

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson finally getting in the ROH. Should have happened 20 or so years ago.

A few individual players had nice seasons.

Other than that it was a mediocre to poor year.