What are the chances JJ announces the DC hiring on SB Sunday?

Hadenough

Reaction score

I would say it is around 90%. Doubt he misses a chance to steal headlines and the media spotlight this weekend.

Cowboys!
Usually he makes some kind of announcement this week. I'm betting it's Friday. That way he has the whole weekend to savor the attention.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I'm not expecting the announcement until Monday. In the past, it would have been something he'd do to upstage the SB, but I think others in the organization are advising him against it.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Yesterday probably was the deadline. I think the owners have some sort of agreement to delay announcements of hirings/etc., if close to the weekend of the SB.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
nobody cares what Jerry or the Cowboys say. They could cut the one person that hurts guys' feelings when you talk about him, but it would not matter.

Everybody including us laugh at Jerry and this crap. Only stupid idiots who think we are relevant worry about this crap.

Kwyn

Reaction score

I would say it is around 90%. Doubt he misses a chance to steal headlines and the media spotlight this weekend.

Cowboys!
There’s always a chance that members of the Chiefs or Niners are going to be interviewed. Cowboys seem to be taking their time with this selection.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the league doesn’t allow that, but I could be wrong. I’m sure JJ would do it if he could. I could see him announcing the decision Friday. But based on what I’ve seen, the Cowboys are still very much in the process of interviews and decision making.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I thought the league doesn’t allow that, but I could be wrong. I’m sure JJ would do it if he could. I could see him announcing the decision Friday. But based on what I’ve seen, the Cowboys are still very much in the process of interviews and decision making.
Well even it was a league rule which I doubt it is but if it is he could just release the information on Saturday evening late and let it spiral on Sunday there's no way around it once the cowboys announced it's gonna be talked about.. Mostly bad there'll be 75% of people unhappy with negative reactions and that'll even sell more lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What are the chances JJ announces the DC hiring on SB Sunday?​

0%. I would proclaim 80% chance of it happening on Friday or Saturday. Sunday will be cluttered with news about Kansas City and San Francisco only. There are not any names Jones will announce that will penetrate that noise.

However, his announcement can make waves leading into Super Bowl Sunday. He would get more traction that way.

What will interest me more is if he does not make an announcement before the Super Bowl. That would be an atypical move on his part. What would that reason be I wonder?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah I saw Bryan Broaddus post this the other day that the league doesn't want you to do this, which is right!! The focus should be on the teams that EARNED the spot to be there