What are the odds that Dak and Amari go to New England after this season?

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Jerry Jones doesn't have to fly all the way to Florida for a massage. Dak stays in Dallas.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a simple thread. Is it far out? Yes. But you can't rule out the possibility. With the way both of them are playing, why have they yet to be signed? It's a simple theory.

And you can't rule out the possibility the sun will explode at 11:39 am tomorrow, but you can rule out a topic being worthy of discussion based on the odds being so dramatically against something happening that it doesn't make sense to even consider.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It's a simple thread. Is it far out? Yes. But you can't rule out the possibility. With the way both of them are playing, why have they yet to be signed? It's a simple theory. Also, if NE reached out to both, do you really think they would decline?

So not only do you not understand how the business of football works ........ You are also ignorant on tampering rules.

Jeebus

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If this were even a remote possibility(it’s not), New England doesn’t pay out contracts like that to what they would demand.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Look Jerry would sell his yacht before he let something like that happen...

C’Mon Maaaaaa’n

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Tom Brady might actually retire after this season, regardless if he makes it to the Superbowl or not. I think he's going to hang it up, but NE is going to need a new QB, and Dak has looked great so far this season. He's a disciplined, hardworking leader, which would be perfect for NE and Belichick. A while back in February, Dak was even seen hanging with their RB, Sony Michel. The NE game would be a great time for Belichick to scout Dak and see what he's made of.

As for Amari, I could see him going there as well. He's a great WR that has already built chemistry with Dak. NE doesn't really have any notable receivers now that Gronk is gone (along with the crazy man that is AB and Josh Gordon), so Brady mostly throws to Edelman or Sanu. Dak, Amari, and those players would work very well together. Amari also has a great attitude, perfect for NE. Calm and collected, and a non-diva WR personality, a rare find that is perfect for Belichick's scheme.

Neither Dak or Amari has made progress on their contract talks. What if it's just because they simply don't want to play for this mediocre franchise? It's not about the money or the length of the contract. They just don't want to play for Jason's Committee anymore. I mean, did you see them Sunday night? They were the only ones that showed any amount of effort throughout that entire game (in addition to Gallup, Cobb, and Jarwin when he was on the field). Thoughts?
Dak will get franchised. and Amari will get transition tag. both will be signed by next year.

Tommy

Reaction score
Tom Brady might actually retire after this season, regardless if he makes it to the Superbowl or not. I think he's going to hang it up, but NE is going to need a new QB, and Dak has looked great so far this season. He's a disciplined, hardworking leader, which would be perfect for NE and Belichick. A while back in February, Dak was even seen hanging with their RB, Sony Michel. The NE game would be a great time for Belichick to scout Dak and see what he's made of.

As for Amari, I could see him going there as well. He's a great WR that has already built chemistry with Dak. NE doesn't really have any notable receivers now that Gronk is gone (along with the crazy man that is AB and Josh Gordon), so Brady mostly throws to Edelman or Sanu. Dak, Amari, and those players would work very well together. Amari also has a great attitude, perfect for NE. Calm and collected, and a non-diva WR personality, a rare find that is perfect for Belichick's scheme.

Neither Dak or Amari has made progress on their contract talks. What if it's just because they simply don't want to play for this mediocre franchise? It's not about the money or the length of the contract. They just don't want to play for Jason's Committee anymore. I mean, did you see them Sunday night? They were the only ones that showed any amount of effort throughout that entire game (in addition to Gallup, Cobb, and Jarwin when he was on the field). Thoughts?
This may be the worst thread in CowboysZone history.

And that is by no means an easy accomplishment.

romonumberone

Reaction score
I guess you can never rule it out. But i think Dak & Cooper are here for a long time. Playing for the Dallas Cowboys is an honor. How many ex Patriots are doing announcing and working at ESPN and other shows vs. ex Cowboys? Ex Dallas players have quite a few more. Yet they have not won anything in a long time.

I think Dak would be foolish to go play for another team. Jerry Jones probably overrates and overvalues Dak more than any person alive.... because he found him in the 4th round..... To go to another team Dak would be taking a huge risk that the other team would find out he really is not as good as advertised. I also think Dak is foolish not to accept the $30,000,000 a year..... but that is another story. And in reality it will probably work out for Dak where he gets $37,000,000 a year. For me I would be happy enough with $30,000,000 a year.

I think Cooper will get a contract making him the highest paid WR in the game. I think Dak will get a contract that will be top 5. And I think in 2-3 years when the failed picks of Charlton & Hill rear their ugly head and Dallas cannot afford a lot of other pieces Dak will struggle. It will be a long time before Dallas ever sniffs another SB.

Cooper is not going anywhere Dallas can see the difference when Cooper is in the game and not in the game. Plus Dallas gave up a 1st round pick. Dallas has zero leverage with Cooper.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It's a simple thread. Is it far out? Yes. But you can't rule out the possibility. With the way both of them are playing, why have they yet to be signed? It's a simple theory. Also, if NE reached out to both, do you really think they would decline?
It's not far out, it isn't even in the stratosphere of possible.

Dallas can/will franchise at least one of them anyway.

John813

Reaction score
Maybe it's time to make new threads subject to mod approval here.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't deserve them on this team. I'd be the happiest I've been in 24 years if they left for a different team. The only thing that would make me happier is if the passing of the torch from Jerry to Stephen happened permanently.....

cern

Reaction score
there is no urgency to sign them yet. when that time approaches, deals will be made. if you're going to speculate, you have to consider there are 31 other teams they could play for.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Brady retires, Belichick will not pay Prescott what he wants, he's paying Brady 23M right now.

He will pull something and the closest guy to a Brady type QB in this draft is either Burrow or Herbert.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Why do people keep ignoring the franchise tag?

Because that can be gotten around by holding out. Dak probably wouldn't but Cooper is in the same position Zeke was after last season: he is sorely needed for this offense to go. If I'm Cooper's agent, I'm in his ear right now about strategy for the off-season if he doesn't get a new deal as well as showing him all that Cabo has to offer. Lol.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Said a couple weeks ago how anyone could take OP serious after suggesting we tank the season with only 3 losses. This kind of crap proves my point.......he lives in Madden world.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry doesn't deserve them on this team. I'd be the happiest I've been in 24 years if they left for a different team. The only thing that would make me happier is if the passing of the torch from Jerry to Stephen happened permanently.....
So, you would be thrilled if the Cowboys lost their best players and sucked. I'm going to have to take another look at the definition of the word "fan", because apparently it doesn't mean what I think it means.

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
I saw someone say at worst they can franchise tag/transition tag Amari and Dak, can someone explain to me what those are and can we do both in the same off season?