What are the odds that Dak and Amari go to New England after this season?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are the odds that Dak and Amari go to New England after this season?
tenor.gif

willia451

Reaction score
Tom Brady might actually retire after this season, regardless if he makes it to the Superbowl or not. I think he's going to hang it up, but NE is going to need a new QB, and Dak has looked great so far this season. He's a disciplined, hardworking leader, which would be perfect for NE and Belichick. A while back in February, Dak was even seen hanging with their RB, Sony Michel. The NE game would be a great time for Belichick to scout Dak and see what he's made of.

As for Amari, I could see him going there as well. He's a great WR that has already built chemistry with Dak. NE doesn't really have any notable receivers now that Gronk is gone (along with the crazy man that is AB and Josh Gordon), so Brady mostly throws to Edelman or Sanu. Dak, Amari, and those players would work very well together. Amari also has a great attitude, perfect for NE. Calm and collected, and a non-diva WR personality, a rare find that is perfect for Belichick's scheme.

Neither Dak or Amari has made progress on their contract talks. What if it's just because they simply don't want to play for this mediocre franchise? It's not about the money or the length of the contract. They just don't want to play for Jason's Committee anymore. I mean, did you see them Sunday night? They were the only ones that showed any amount of effort throughout that entire game (in addition to Gallup, Cobb, and Jarwin when he was on the field). Thoughts?

I'm willing to believe almost anything after 23+ years of FAIL.

8X9Mf6V.gif

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It's a simple thread. Is it far out? Yes. But you can't rule out the possibility. With the way both of them are playing, why have they yet to be signed? It's a simple theory. Also, if NE reached out to both, do you really think they would decline?
yes its way far out

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Tom Brady might actually retire after this season, regardless if he makes it to the Superbowl or not. I think he's going to hang it up, but NE is going to need a new QB, and Dak has looked great so far this season. He's a disciplined, hardworking leader, which would be perfect for NE and Belichick. A while back in February, Dak was even seen hanging with their RB, Sony Michel. The NE game would be a great time for Belichick to scout Dak and see what he's made of.

As for Amari, I could see him going there as well. He's a great WR that has already built chemistry with Dak. NE doesn't really have any notable receivers now that Gronk is gone (along with the crazy man that is AB and Josh Gordon), so Brady mostly throws to Edelman or Sanu. Dak, Amari, and those players would work very well together. Amari also has a great attitude, perfect for NE. Calm and collected, and a non-diva WR personality, a rare find that is perfect for Belichick's scheme.

Neither Dak or Amari has made progress on their contract talks. What if it's just because they simply don't want to play for this mediocre franchise? It's not about the money or the length of the contract. They just don't want to play for Jason's Committee anymore. I mean, did you see them Sunday night? They were the only ones that showed any amount of effort throughout that entire game (in addition to Gallup, Cobb, and Jarwin when he was on the field). Thoughts?

Are you really this needy of attention?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

90/10

CWR

Reaction score
One will get franchised and the other signed long term before anyone touches the offseason.

The franchise will be lifted once the other is deal is ironed out.

Worst case scenario wed lose Coop. They wouldn't let the qb walk. The odds of either leaving are very very slim.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Bro, puff puff pass. Don't bogart that stuff

Praxit

Reaction score
.....Dak is a cowboy lifer. Cooper possible, but not likely. Depending whats left in Jerry's checkbook.

nobody

Reaction score
One will get franchised and the other signed long term before anyone touches the offseason.

The franchise will be lifted once the other is deal is ironed out.

Worst case scenario wed lose Coop. They wouldn't let the qb walk. The odds of either leaving are very very slim.

That would also depend on Dak and how frustrated the players are with the lack of real coaching. If I was a player and saw Jerry resign Garrett, I'd think twice about signing with the Cowboys if I got other offers.

CWR

Reaction score
That would also depend on Dak and how frustrated the players are with the lack of real coaching. If I was a player and saw Jerry resign Garrett, I'd think twice about signing with the Cowboys if I got other offers.

Fair point, but Ive heard for years how much the players like Garrett. I dont think they feel the same as us. It sounds hard to believe but its what history has shown us for the most part. We have had a couple disgruntled guys but they never said a peep until they were gone, and most didn't want to leave beforehand.

Garrett wont be re-signed unless we make it to the NFC championship game imo.

No way we flounder and he gets re-signed. There's a reason he's a lame duck coach right now.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I could see Eagles trying to get Amari. They need WRs and he would upgrade bigtime and hurt Boys at same time. Don't let it happen Jerrah

nobody

Reaction score
Fair point, but Ive heard for years how much the players like Garrett. I dont think they feel the same as us. It sounds hard to believe but its what history has shown us for the most part. We have had a couple disgruntled guys but they never said a peep until they were gone, and most didn't want to leave beforehand.

Garrett wont be re-signed unless we make it to the NFC championship game imo.

No way we flounder and he gets re-signed. There's a reason he's a lame duck coach right now.

But Garrett wasn't near as bad as publicly throwing his players under the bus before. I think at lot of people are opening their eyes about just how duplicitous this guy really is.

Reactions: CWR

mmohican29

Reaction score

Bruh lol...

I'll play along though.

0.00%