What are we elite at? Argument for a top flight RB

Ken

Reaction score
Clearly our 90s teams had a great pffensive line and a retread at rb. Anyone can do it behind a line like that..

Take Elliott.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Clearly our 90s teams had a great pffensive line and a retread at rb. Anyone can do it behind a line like that..

Take Elliott.

90's NFL is a lot different than 2016 NFL. Bronco's running backs are mediocre as were the Panthers.

BTW, i'm for taking Elliot. I don't really care what other teams or decades have done. This offense was terrible last season but with a healthy Romo they should be back to normal. But I still need to improve it. The only way I can think of doing that is adding a impact player like Elliot to it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Our OL is elite in the area of run blocking but not with their pass blocking. Bailey's kicking is generally considered to be elite as well. That's about it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Per Matt Forte, the Cowboys showed the "interest".

Perhaps the desire for another back is stronger than they are leading on.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Yep, that's entirely possible. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if drafting Elliot is in very much in our plans on draft day.

I'm betting it's between Bosa, Ramsey, Elliot and perhaps even Myles Jack for pick #4. I think QB is on tap for later.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yep, that's entirely possible. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if drafting Elliot is in very much in our plans on draft day.

I'm betting it's between Bosa, Ramsey, Elliot and perhaps even Myles Jack for pick #4. I think QB is on tap for later.

I think we are looking at those three. I don't believe Myles Jack is in that grouping. Which I am perfectly fine with.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score

Jerry is so "protect" Romo that I am not sure why anyone would be surprised if we took Elliott. Heck, it seems that a player nearly as good as Bosa can be had later, but Elliott is far and away the best RB. I keep going back and forth on whether or not I think they will take him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think we are looking at those three. I don;t believe Myles Jack is in that grouping. Which I am perfectly fine with.

I wouldn't argue with that notion for a minute. Myles may be in the mix to some extent but if so, he's very likely running in the back of the pack, if at all.

Last edited:

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
If we can pickup someone Like Coples to play End. And get another vet CB. I'd say the 4 pick is Zeke.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we can pickup someone Like Coples to play End. And get another vet CB. I'd say the 4 pick is Zeke.

And when the football rapture takes place you can look towards your RB and ask what just happened.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

He thinks the kicker is the only one elite out of that group is what it looks like to me. It appears he drew a line through the rest saying they're not elite.

I'm not surprised he did so with the QB. He's always hated Romo and he'd likely be sick to his stomach if Romo won the Cowboys a ring.