What are we missing?

cowboybish

Reaction score
I think we are 6 solid players away from contending. Our secondary is the strength of the D. We need 2 DTs; 2LBs; 1OL; 1 RB. One could argue we need 2 RBs. Mc needs to work w Quinn on changing the D w focus on stopping the run. The secondary is real good. We need to strengthen the Oline and draft a hammer. Trade Pollard and draft 2 Rbs. Somehow if we can accomplish this through the draft and FA I think we could contend even w Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think we are 6 solid players away from contending. Our secondary is the strength of the D. We need 2 DTs; 2LBs; 1OL; 1 RB. One could argue we need 2 RBs. Mc needs to work w Quinn on changing the D w focus on stopping the run. The secondary is real good. We need to strengthen the Oline and draft a hammer. Trade Pollard and draft 2 Rbs. Somehow if we can accomplish this through the draft and FA I think we could contend even w Dak.
Looks good. Also could use another good WR. We all saw what happens when CeeDee is doubled or shut down. We need another receiving weapon. Most playoff teams have 2 good receiving weapons. Cooks is too small and inconsistent.

kskboys

Reaction score
Only thing I'd add is a true FS.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
quit dreaming, we're getting a TE in the first. In the second some hurt guy or some suspect player, then in the rest of the rounds it will be WR, RB, and maybe offensive lineman, but jerry said we are fine there.
So basically we need nothing.

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, this one's too easy. I'll leave it to others

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
"What we are missing" will not be obtained in the next draft. Not unless Dallas makes some blockbuster trades first.
Incremental improvements won't get it done.

gmb1

Reaction score
If only this was a serious football organization. But it's not.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
None of this matters without better coaching schemes against the better teams. The Cowboys have been outcoached in almost every big game I can remember dating back 10 or more years. But as for this current crop, Quinn and McCarthy ain't the answer. Good coaches, yes. But they are not Big Game, chess-match-winning coaches. The Cowboys rarely have the coaching edge in a Big Game. And throughout a Cowboys game against a tough opponent, it's rare that we see an ultra-successful offensive or defensive play that is mostly based on the scheme or play design. But other teams get those kinds of plays.

So, yes, the Cowboys need to fill some gaping holes, but they also need to revamp the coaching staff to get the most out of them. I think McCarthy and Quinn have reached the top of their capabilities as coordinators. 12 wins/year is great, but being perennially outcoached against the better teams and having a team that is always near the league leaders in penalties, that's rarely going to carry a team in a playoff run.