What are we missing?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are missing defense. We are a one trick pony defensively. We rush the passer really well and that works great when playing with a lead. Look no further than the Raven game tonight. Lamar wasn’t good in the first half but that defense kept them in the game until he could get on track. When Dak comes out the game slow, this team is cooked.

Defense wins championships is a cliche’ bc it’s true.

Carson

Reaction score
- Game changer at LB
- Better play at 1T
- Elite ILB
- Ball hawking FS

RS12

Reaction score

What are we missing?​

Ownership that is serious about winning.

Western

Reaction score
On the football field, in the locker room, and on the practice field, a culture of accountability originating from the head coach whereby players, and assistant coaches are held responsible, and answerable solely to, and only to the head coach for their respective performances.

A front office that is held liable for failed talent acquisition, and atrocious and dreadful contracts.

Most important, an absolute, indisputable, explicit, unequivocal, strict division, partition, barrier, separation, severance, disunion, and wall of separation between ownership and players.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I've repeated multiple times what we're missing. A stout dt, a leader at mlb that plays at a high level not just any old vet.... and a dawg at safety or nickel cb. That's 3 pieces on defense.

Offense we need a run scheme like the niners.

This is all assuming we still have Dak.

If you don't get those things you don't get to a nfccg

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we are 6 solid players away from contending. Our secondary is the strength of the D. We need 2 DTs; 2LBs; 1OL; 1 RB. One could argue we need 2 RBs. Mc needs to work w Quinn on changing the D w focus on stopping the run. The secondary is real good. We need to strengthen the Oline and draft a hammer. Trade Pollard and draft 2 Rbs. Somehow if we can accomplish this through the draft and FA I think we could contend even w Dak.
If you don't know what we're missing by now really don't know what to tell you bud. :facepalm:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I mean this is easy; and I have no idea why every team just doesn't do this every year.

On offense all we have to do is get Patrick Mahomes at quarterback, Christian McCaffrey at running back, Justin Jefferson to go opposite Lamb, and an all new offensive line.

On defense we need the Bosa brothers to bookend the defensive line, Roquan Smith and Fred Warner at linebacker, and then the secondary won't matter.

Then you hire somebody from the Shanahan coaching tree, mix it all together, and sit back and watch the Super Bowl trophy room fill up.

Steve007

Reaction score
A great QB makes players around him better because it’s the most important position on the field. That’s why this team must start there first. Replace 6 players or one?
True, and a great QB elevates his play in the post season.

noletime95

Reaction score
DT, LB, RT, RB…….has to be a near perfect roster to win with this qb

ClearVision

Reaction score
A QB who doesn't command as much Cap and perform average.
If Dak took a pay " cut" and made 20 million a year, and put pieces around him to win, he'd become a billionaire.
Think of endorsements you'd make if you won 3-6 Superbowls as the Cowboys QB.
You'd still make 20 million from Dallas, and BIG money via BRAND.
Idiot

rags747

Reaction score
Another stud receiver would greatly help, Cooks is a #3 at this point.

bewp7

Reaction score
a lot

hc + qb are the biggest thing and just happen they is the 2 most importent thing by a mile if u want to win a super bowl and cowboys have two dumb bozo scrub at both

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I've said this every year over the last decade so I'll say it again. The most important parts of a football team are QB and Head Coach.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What are we missing?​

6fad10a6d3b485046e882935730e1d99--cowboys-football-football-team.jpg

322bb1805d381994b714cb4be8dba6c1.jpg