What are you looking forward to in the 1st round?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the blowback when the Eagles get our targeted player
They pulled that stunt when Parcells was the HC by trading up ahead of the Cowboys and taking Shawn Andrews. Parcells was visibly pissed with that one. That blew up in their face though as he had injury problems and never really contributed.

Think that trade the Cowboys pulled last year to allow PHL to jump the Giants for Smith is still stuck in their craw. The Cowboys were lucky they didn't take Parsons, their next LT.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You are 100% correct in your prediction. From the comments on the many, many draft related threads here on this 'zone' ( I didn't even look at the official 'Draft Zone') - 80 to 85% who respond will be disappointed, either with the position the FO selects or the particular player chosen.
many hated the Micha pick NOT ME but many. this place is usually wrong. a bunch of hyperbole and overreactions by want to be GMs with keyboard and google to use mocks as soem kind of bible.

conner01

Reaction score
Agree with you, and would not mind at all if Linderbaum was the pick, but I believe some of these top OL prospects will be moving earlier than some are expecting.
Stepnoski would probably be your example of the true technician, very undersized C, that utilized technique, leverage and hand dominance to perfection.
Im only getting pissed tonight if I see us giving up our 1 and 3 and throwing around 5ths, etc.
only to move up marginally, its easy to get excited about a few players a few picks above 24, but this draft is going to play out a little different tonight, there will be QBs slipping out.
I posted another thread about the possibility of a back seven player there, I know nobody wants to hear it, not the popular vote, just looking at what might end up being the best value over need pick there, in worse case sceanario.
I would much rather go down than up
The cost of moving up in the first is just too high
Now in 2-4 I might use a couple of the 5ths to go get a guy they really want because the price gets more reasonable. And four 5th round picks aren’t making the roster. I’d even consider a kicker with one just to get a guy who might make the roster if a good one was there

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This draft has all the earmarks of lots of movement up and down the board and the team that always piques my interest is Philly. They just do not seem to be able to sit still where they are and they have 15 and 18 and traded with Dallas to get up to beat NY to Smith in the last 1st round.

This draft does not seem to have that wow player. Got some good players but its lacking in the usual QB's so the moves up will be interesting and Philly might be one of those in the hunt for a 1st round QB.

The other teams are New York at 5 and 7 and Houston at 3 and 13. NY could actually double up on the DL where they are and start to resemble the old NYG.

So, other than the Cowboys, what's got you jazzed about tomorrow night?

LG

CoachD

Reaction score
A mean a s s lineman that can come in start day one, improve the group, and be a pro bowler for the next ten years.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
I'm hoping they'll take either one of them as a possible LG replacement for Williams. I think Jerry's hoping some promising OL candidate will drop somewhat and make it easier to draft him without involving too much in consideration for a guy like Green. Johnson should be get-able in the second round, since he's considered a 2nd/3rd round talent. It's my understanding that Green can play at LT, or LG while Johnson can play either LG or Center.
i think we will be pleasantly surprised to see how many folks drop out of this round into tomorrow. Making it even more exciting and enticing to trade up

Motorola

Reaction score
A mean a s s lineman that can come in start day one, improve the group, and be a pro bowler for the next ten years.
Even though the top rated prospects on both sides of the LOS go within the top 10, there also will be 4 WRs, 2-3 DBs, and a QB or two that will be picked through the first 20+ spots so that high quality Olinemen are still available at no. 24 IMO.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
The start of a disappointing evening.

No Oline, no chance upcoming season.

Fortify the trenches.

And more.

starfan1

Reaction score
Don’t reach get BPA at a position of need. OL would be a very good pick in 1st or 2nd

Big D

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to:
The+Fat+Boys+by+celebrity+photographer+Michael+Benabib.jpg

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to:
The+Fat+Boys+by+celebrity+photographer+Michael+Benabib.jpg
Sadly, two of the three members of 'The Fat Boys' are no longer with us.
Darren Robinson (middle) passed away back in December 1995; Mark Morales (right) died in February 2021.

shabazz

Reaction score
Sadly, two of the three members of 'The Fat Boys' are no longer with us.
Darren Robinson (middle) passed away back in December 1995; Mark Morales (right) died in February 2021.

…..they had brown gravy coursing through they veins….respect.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find it interesting the number of players that are staying or returning home.

Hutchinson is staying in Michigan just a stone's throw from Ann Arbor, Ekwonu is staying in North Carolina, Kenny Picket is just changing locker rooms in PIT and Tyler Smith is coming home to Ft. Worth.

I was looking forward to a crazy draft and this one did not disappoint, loved all the trades.