What Are Your Favorite Classic Movie Scenes

cowboyec

Reaction score
1.Elvis' dance scene in Jailhouse Rock.
2.Gunfight scene in The Good,The Bad and The Ugly.
3.Rocky v Apollo,final round...Apollo:"you're goin down"....Rocky:"No Way".
4.Car chase in Bullitt.
5.any scene from Dirty Harry.
6.any scene from Planes,Trains and Automobiles.
7.ufo sequence behind Devils Tower in Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind.
8.the first time John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart appear together in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
9.The shot from the door way in The Searchers.
10."Klatu...Barata...Nikto".....The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Ha-Ha-Ha!
Yeppers, that's a good one!
Ol' left handed Ned Pepper dropped Rooster's horse at +50 yards with that 4 5/8th inch barreled colt's revolver,,, that's the true beauty of a .45 cal long colt cartridge,,,,:lmao:
( I've ran 255 grain flat point lead round nose projectiles outta' the ACP platform at a steady 880fps, thusly proving the long colt cartridge is indeed,,, of a bygone erao_O)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ha-Ha-Ha!
Yeppers, that's a good one!
Ol' left handed Ned Pepper dropped Rooster's horse at +50 yards with that 4 5/8th inch barreled colt's revolver,,, that's the true beauty of a .45 cal long colt cartridge,,,,:lmao:
( I've ran 255 grain flat point lead round nose projectiles outta' the ACP platform at a steady 880fps, thusly proving the long colt cartridge is indeed,,, of a bygone erao_O)
I'm not a gun enthusiast....but I guess I believe you? :huh:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
tumblr_lsf5hv9DVq1qakh43o1_500.gif

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I'm not a gun enthusiast....but I guess I believe you? :huh:
Well Ya know, buddy? I sure wouldn't have opened my mouth if I hadn't proven to myself first in pushing the long colt bullet out of the magazine fed .45 auto platform at comparable velocities,,,ESPECIALLY around the caliber of Stickler's for facts this ZONE is home to,,,:lmao:
Yer' faith in me is justified concerning this casing-liner,,,

( great movie & clip you posted up BTW @Runwildboys :thumbup:
IT had DENNIS HOPPER, who was one of my all time favorites, a cat named "Gen. Sterling Price" & a crazy weird Chinaman named Chin ' Waldoputty' Lee,,,o_O)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Slim Pickens “Major Kong” riding the A-bomb in Dr. Strangelove! Classic.

slim.pickens+%26+bomb.jpg.cf.jpg
" shoot,a feller could have himself a purty good time in Vegas with all of this" as he's running down the list of the contents in their bail-out kits,,,,:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

:clap::thumbup::clap:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well Ya know, buddy? I sure wouldn't have opened my mouth if I hadn't proven to myself first in pushing the long colt bullet out of the magazine fed .45 auto platform at comparable velocities,,,ESPECIALLY around the caliber of Stickler's for facts this ZONE is home to,,,:lmao:
Yer' faith in me is justified concerning this casing-liner,,,

( great movie & clip you posted up BTW @Runwildboys :thumbup:
IT had DENNIS HOPPER, who was one of my all time favorites, a cat named "Gen. Sterling Price" & a crazy weird Chinaman named Chin ' Waldoputty' Lee,,,o_O)
When I read the thread title, this scene from True Grit was the first thing that came to mind. It's the epitome of John Wayne; combining humor, cockiness, great acting, and just full on badassery.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
When I read the thread title, this scene from True Grit was the first thing that came to mind. It's the epitome of John Wayne; combining humor, cockiness, great acting, and just full on badassery.
Yes,I whole heartily agree, but ever since "the great Santini" with Robert Duvall
(" Sports Fans") I've kinda been a fan of his but when he ACED his role in LONESOME DOVE I was hooked,I guess the most memorable scene in that mini series was when him& Petey take off to chase and scatter a small buffalo herd just because they could and come full galloping back hell bent for election with that pissed off Indian buffalo hunting party fixing to skin them,,,it was the way he set the saddle of that horse at full gallop with an arrow in his thigh & that 4-5 lb colt's walker dragoon revolver he was holding,,, to me that was a Masterpiece of cinema movie making all unto itself ,in that to brief of scene.