What are your Top 5 War films?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Crusade.

Since Scott get to release HIS cut of the film, Kingdom of Heaven has been gaining steam as a cult classic.

Never understood the critical dislike of the film, I thought it was exceptional. I never thought Orlando Bloom was bad at all either. His character was grieving heavily and made him a very monotone character. Bloom gave him an air of stoicism

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Ever watch A Midnight Clear?
That's such a good flick!
I had it on v.h.s.,,, all those and about $300 in 31" waist line wrangler blue jeans got tossed in a dumpster about 2 women back(6-7 years ago! wish to hell I still had those blue jeans though,,,I'd need a belt now.),, just tagging-up on this thread because I've got a pretty good flick rolling right now on the 'free-V' grit channel called "the desert rats" it's a black and white flick and rather riveting!

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I think I'm going to dust off
That c.d. " the last drop"
With Billy Zane, Michael madson,,,," don't talk to me,again,,, EVER! ";)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Stratch that! can't find it in a 5 minute search, I did find a pair of crotchless Lacey black panties,a 3" stack of family guy DVD's and a pistol I ain't seen in two years along with a copy of " behind enemy lines" with Hackman/ Wilson.

Sheese!

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Y'all have got to check this Redbox flick out
" soldiers of the Dammed "
German/ Russian late war Romania,, weird war/ creepy twist,,,I'm only half way thru it,,,I'm liking it.:thumbup:

kimrose

Reaction score
1. Glory
2. Deer Hunter
3. We Were Soldiers
4. Braveheart
5. Casualties Of War

Honorable mention: Full Metal Jacket, missed the cut by just a smidge. Wish it had been a top 6 list. lol :(:p

And also, although not entirely about war, but founded on war, some of my favorites are:
Heaven And Earth, with Tommy Lee Jones
Last of the Mohicans, with Daniel Day Lewis
Dances With Wolves, with Kevin Costner

:starspin:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
1. Glory
2. Deer Hunter
3. We Were Soldiers
4. Braveheart
5. Casualties Of War

Honorable mention: Full Metal Jacket, missed the cut by just a smidge. Wish it had been a top 6 list. lol :(:p

And also, although not entirely about war, but founded on war, some of my favorites are:
Heaven And Earth, with Tommy Lee Jones
Last of the Mohicans, with Daniel Day Lewis
Dances With Wolves, with Kevin Costner

:starspin:

Hey Kim, how have you been?