What are your Top 5 War films?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No movie is better than Band of Brothers or to a slightly lesser extent The Pacific.
As movies go I will stay on my outside the box approach and go with Schindler's List, Judgement at Nuremberg, and Lincoln.
Im gonna include my thoughts on Schindlers List when go in more detail. I consider it a Top 10, maybe 5 film of all time

I agree whole heartedly with Band of Brothers

Edit: Not to leave you hanging, with my list I went with pure warfare. If I did it with movies concerning war, Schindlers List would be #2 behind Apocalypse Now

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
As a Marine, Full Metal Jacket is my favorite. The closest depiction of Marine Corp boot camp ever by any movie. I was at Parris Island boot camp in 75 and on fire watch. We were 1st phase so on the 3rd deck. It was about 2am and one of the recruits went out on the ledge and started screaming I want to die, I want to die!. I woke up the Drill Instructor who came out with his smokey hat and boxers and a t-shirt and started yelling at the guy, ******* jump, just ******* jump!

blindzebra

Reaction score
As a Marine, Full Metal Jacket is my favorite. The closest depiction of Marine Corp boot camp ever by any movie. I was at Parris Island boot camp in 75 and on fire watch. We were 1st phase so on the 3rd deck. It was about 2am and one of the recruits went out on the ledge and started screaming I want to die, I want to die!. I woke up the Drill Instructor who came out with his smokey hat and boxers and a t-shirt and started yelling at the guy, ******* jump, just ******* jump!
I always thought that if you took the first half of Full Metal Jacket and the last half of Platoon and put them together you'd have had the perfect movie on the Vietnam war.