What beverage do you not care for?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tried to like coffee when I was in the army. Even put loads of sugar in it.
But still could not stand it.
I was trying to like it just for when you were pulling a guard duty or a 24 hour CQ duty.

I think I drank some Jolt cola back then. I dont remember them having energy drinks like Monster or Redbull back at that time.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OB beer.
If you served in Korea and you went to the bars you basically had two choices of beer.
Bud Light or OB beer...I do not recall what the OB stood for. I heard others say it was Oriental beer but that sounds like a joke.

It was not very good to say the least but it was much cheaper lol.
So you started out on Bud light or other stuff and once you were gettng those taste buds a little loose....you switched to OB beer to save some money.

They also had a drink called Soju. To me it kind of tasted like a vodka/orange juice screw driver with a bit of a different taste. Rumor was it had formaldehyde in it. I do not know if that was true or not. However the bars that served it there would serve it in tea kettles of various size. Did not heat it up. Usually you could pour some out for people or many times you would just get a straw and drink from the kettle. It was one of those things where you drink it and do not really feel any different until you stand up to the bathroom and then you feel that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
OB beer.
If you served in Korea and you went to the bars you basically had two choices of beer.
Bud Light or OB beer...I do not recall what the OB stood for. I heard others say it was Oriental beer but that sounds like a joke.

It was not very good to say the least but it was much cheaper lol.
So you started out on Bud light or other stuff and once you were gettng those taste buds a little loose....you switched to OB beer to save some money.

They also had a drink called Soju. To me it kind of tasted like a vodka/orange juice screw driver with a bit of a different taste. Rumor was it had formaldehyde in it. I do not know if that was true or not. However the bars that served it there would serve it in tea kettles of various size. Did not heat it up. Usually you could pour some out for people or many times you would just get a straw and drink from the kettle. It was one of those things where you drink it and do not really feel any different until you stand up to the bathroom and then you feel that.
Off Brand?
Old Brew?
Outta the Bathroom?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
do you smoke indoor or outdoor, before breakfast or after
Neither. Good coffee and a cigar negates need for any breakfast. (Takes a while to finish too)

I smoke both sides. My wife is not happy about it though. LOL I need to be billionaire and have one of those glass cigar rooms separated off from rest of house like Jordan had in his documentary, The Last Dance.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Too many to list so i will say the only drinks i take:
Water
Sparkling water
Natural ( nothing added) juices
Hibiscus tea
I never thought I would like sparkling water, but I've developed a taste for it. It's helping me to break the soda habit.

John813

Reaction score
Red bull.

Can drink Monster, Rockstar, Bang etc... but never cared for the Redbull flavors.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I never thought I would like sparkling water, but I've developed a taste for it. It's helping me to break the soda habit.
If you haven't, try kombucha. It is good to kick the soda habit. It is fermented sweet tea(sugar goes away), and it is carbonated. I have 3 gallon jug on my counter i brew it in, and nice bottles for the 2nd fermentation. Aside from the few days waiting on the 2nd fermentation when I am out, I don't even think about soda anymore. And mine tastes really good.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Answer: Coffee

My mother could guzzle the stuff. She did not pass that trait down to me.

My father loved sweet tea. I do not drink it very often but I can tolerate it at least.
I'm with you on coffee... it falls into the category of "smells good, tastes bad".

I used to drink multiple cans of diet Coke a day... went cold turkey a few years ago and now, I can't even stand the smell of it