What could we get for Lawrence and Cooper?

Rayman70

Reaction score
COOPER AINT LEAVING, NO WAY, NO HOW. DLaw might be another story. Its up to his agent really. Does he wanna play hardball and raise the bar over and over, or does he want to be realistic? I can see a scenario where he is traded after he signs his tag. As of yet, he hasn't signed it...so no trade can be facilitated.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We saw what happens without a polished receiver....coop is worth 2 1st round picks to this team.

Tank can be replaced if they reinvest in the DLine more than a couple bottom feeder DT's.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We saw what happens without a polished receiver....coop is worth 2 1st round picks to this team.

Tank can be replaced if they reinvest in the DLine more than a couple bottom feeder DT's.
and its a deep DLINE draft.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Problem: Lawrence is injured and wants a huge contract, Gregory probably isn't back this year, and now Crawford has issues. DE is looking bad for us, with a great dline draft.

Solution?: Flip Cooper. Trade Lawrence. Use picks for the dline. Free up 40mil per year.

Question: Could we get a 1st out of each? Maybe a 1st plus?

We gave up a first for Cooper. And I think he's exceeded expectations. Shouldn't he be worth more now?

If you thought that giving up a 1st for Cooper was a good deal for us last year, shouldn't it be an even better deal now for the team we trade Cooper to?

And for Lawrence, wasn't he considered in the top few free agents in the league? I'd expect that to net more than Cooper.

*If* you think the Cooper deal was good for us, shouldn't we get two 1sts plus out of trading Cooper and Lawrence?

I'd be happy with that with a dline heavy draft to build with.
They won't be able to replace Cooper in the draft, but if they could sign Quinn and get a top 20, 1st rounder for Lawrence, it's worth exploring the what that pick may look like.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
2wl0h8.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Problem: Lawrence is injured and wants a huge contract, Gregory probably isn't back this year, and now Crawford has issues. DE is looking bad for us, with a great dline draft.

Solution?: Flip Cooper. Trade Lawrence. Use picks for the dline. Free up 40mil per year.

We gave up a first for Cooper. And I think he's exceeded expectations. Shouldn't he be worth more now?

If you thought that giving up a 1st for Cooper was a good deal for us last year, shouldn't it be an even better deal now for the team we trade Cooper to?

And for Lawrence, wasn't he considered in the top few free agents in the league? I'd expect that to net more than Cooper.

*If* you think the Cooper deal was good for us, shouldn't we get two 1sts plus out of trading Cooper and Lawrence?

would rather keep both. Guess what if you trade them you are back once again looking for a great WR and a great DE.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I could get the discussion if you were talking about Lawrence only - we know the contract negotiations aren't going as well as hoped, and he needs the surgery - but the offense was absolutely floundering until we got Cooper last season. Why would we want to go back to that?

GenoT

Reaction score

“Puff, puff, PASS...”
:thumbup:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Or here's a crazier idea. Keep Cooper and Lawrence.

Trade a late round pick for Quinn. And since this is a historically deep draft at DL, draft a starting caliber DE or DT in the 2nd or 3rd round.

And this is why you are one of my favorite posters....you always make sense. And that sweet avatar!

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Won't be the 1st time I've heard it's deep and then we draft a DT in the 6th or 7th.

Ain't that the truth? One of the most frustrating things is going into the draft with a definite need and there being guys to fill the need that are in the bpa range....and we draft some other schlub that makes no impact.