What did TO say exactly?

noletime95

Reaction score
Anyone got a link or a re-cap? The other thread doesn't specify. Sorry in advance for starting a new thread.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
The Cowboys know they have an excellent weapon in Terrell Owens. Against the Commanders, the Cowboys may have tried to force it to T.O. way too much.

Owens had seven catches for 71 yards and bulled his way into the end zone for a 10-yard touchdown in the third quarter. But Shawn Springs smothered Owens in the first half, and Carlos Rogers took over in the second when Springs suffered a calf injury.

The Cowboys ran 58 offensive plays. They threw it to him 18 times and let Owens run it twice on two end-arounds. Yet when asked if the ball was thrown his way often enough, Owens said: "I would say no. I'm a competitor, and I want the ball.

"There were some opportunities there, and there were some opportunities there where they were holding and the refs just didn't call it. You can't blame the refs; we just didn't make the plays.

"Everybody recognized that I wasn't really getting the ball in the first half," Owens said. "I'm pretty sure everybody watching the game recognized it, people in the stands recognized it, I think my team recognized it. I didn't quit. I kept fighting and trying to running my routes and trying to get open."
(Dallas Morning News photo by Milton Hinnant)

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2008/09/terrell-owens-i-didnt-get-the-ball-enoug.html

noletime95

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2293678 said:
The Cowboys know they have an excellent weapon in Terrell Owens. Against the Commanders, the Cowboys may have tried to force it to T.O. way too much.

Owens had seven catches for 71 yards and bulled his way into the end zone for a 10-yard touchdown in the third quarter. But Shawn Springs smothered Owens in the first half, and Carlos Rogers took over in the second when Springs suffered a calf injury.

The Cowboys ran 58 offensive plays. They threw it to him 18 times and let Owens run it twice on two end-arounds. Yet when asked if the ball was thrown his way often enough, Owens said: "I would say no. I'm a competitor, and I want the ball.

"There were some opportunities there, and there were some opportunities there where they were holding and the refs just didn't call it. You can't blame the refs; we just didn't make the plays.

"Everybody recognized that I wasn't really getting the ball in the first half," Owens said. "I'm pretty sure everybody watching the game recognized it, people in the stands recognized it, I think my team recognized it. I didn't quit. I kept fighting and trying to running my routes and trying to get open."
(Dallas Morning News photo by Milton Hinnant)

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2008/09/terrell-owens-i-didnt-get-the-ball-enoug.html

Where is the part he throws Romo under the bus?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
noletime95;2293692 said:

There isn't one If you hear what he says in the context he says it. Just people who dislike him blowing things out of proportion

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
noletime95;2293692 said:

He didn't. Just typical BSPN looking for an angle.

I guess the fiasco going on in Oakland isn't enough.

YAKUZA

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I didn't see anything there to get upset about. He could have acknowledged that he dropped a couple, but still, he didn't say anything out of line.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Where is the part where Owens said he was open but the ball wasnt there. Someone on here posted he said that.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2293720 said:
Where is the part where Owens said he was open but the ball wasnt there. Someone on here posted he said that.

They distorted two of his sentences of his sentences

He said
"I would say no. I'm a competitor, and I want the ball.

They heard
I want the ball, there were some opportunities there

Homer

Reaction score
utrunner07;2293783 said:
TO just needs to stop talking to the Media, period.

Thats like asking a human to stop breathing.

It won't happen.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDFan5;2293703 said:
There isn't one If you hear what he says in the context he says it. Just people who dislike him blowing things out of proportion
Thanks for the post clearing that up. His actual quotes didn't seem that bad at all.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
we threw the ball to him 17 times today!

And of course espn is going to attack owens and Dallas this week.

We are going to hear owens is a problem maker, dallas is mentally week and physically week and not very good.

espn will rip dallas all day tomorrow, should be entertaining.

See, collinsworth and costas just spent a special segment on ragging on owens.

lol.

The media is waiting for us to lose and waiting to pounce on anything he says. Espn will kill him tomorrow!!

the big 88

Reaction score
He didn't say anything out of line. I think that we need to start taking advantage of how much attention T.O draws from defenders and start throwing more to Austin/Crayton.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
i dont think owens is saying he didnt get thrown at. im thinking he means that romo needs to get the ball in the spot its supposed to be. which is clearthat romo had trouble with.

media and to haters still looking for something to say we told u so

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think we are trying to get the ball to TO way too much. We need better balance.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I am not worried about this from TO. It's not the first time, since being here, that he's said he wanted to have the ball more in a loss. He feels that way any and every time they don't win.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread because people need to know exactly what TO said.