What did TO say exactly?

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
That's it????? ............................ That's all he said??? .................. Geesh, the way people on this board was talking I thought he had really said some negative things.

Some folks on this board make me want to go :bang2: sometimes.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Well-all these Roy haters finally got their wish when he went down 2 weeks ago. Now today, they FINALLY realized our run D suffered without him.

If/when TO goes down with an injury-I'll bet you my bank account all the haters will finally realize how important he is to our O.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
He also said something to the effect that "When I get the ball you can see the offense moves down the field, and when I don't it bogs down."

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2294735 said:
He also said something to the effect that "When I get the ball you can see the offense moves down the field, and when I don't it bogs down."

Are you sure? That's not what I read and heard.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Boysboy;2294737 said:
Are you sure? That's not what I read and heard.
Unless I hallucinated it... And I haven't taken any hallucinogens...

I am kind of sleep deprived, though. :eek::

WG5516

Reaction score

Unless you have proof, don't post it. NEXT>

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score

The DMN left that part out I guess, even that is a true statement though

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
WG5516;2294741 said:
Unless you have proof, don't post it. NEXT>
CLab is no troll or hater if he said he heard it then he heard it

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2294743 said:
CLab is no troll or hater if he said he heard it then he heard it
Thanks, man. Yeah, I thought it was on channel 11 after the game. T.O. stood at the podium for a while, and he didn't just say the seven or eight sentences McMahon mentioned and then walk away.

I could be out of my mind, but I swear I didn't make it up. ;)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2294748 said:
Thanks, man. Yeah, I thought it was on channel 11 after the game. T.O. stood at the podium for a while, and he didn't just say the seven or eight sentences McMahon mentioned and then walk away.

I could be out of my mind, but I swear I didn't make it up. ;)
I listened but did not remember everything which is why I just posted the DMN post.

I do remember not thinking anything was wrong with what he said

Boysboy

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2294751 said:
I listened but did not remember everything which is why I just posted the DMN post.

I do remember not thinking anything was wrong with what he said

Like I said-we'll be fine. Today was just an off-day for everyone involved.

Nav22

Reaction score
Reporter - "What was the difference between the 1st half and the start of the 3rd quarter when you got more involved?"

T.O. - "Well, you just said it, I got more involved. I think it's no secret that when I get the ball, things move, we move the chains... if not, you see the stagnant offense."

Here's the link, that quote is at the very end.
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b31222

I do wish he wouldn't say stuff like this, just because of what the media could do with it. But I have no problem with him thinking it. The great WRs all want the ball more, especially when the team loses and they feel that they could've made a difference. Irvin was the same way.

I personally like having an emotional WR who hurts deeply when we lose... much better than a guy who will quit on his team when things don't go well and is content with simply playing for the paycheck, like a Randy Moss.

It kills me when Dallas loses, and I like knowing that it kills our star players too.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Nav22;2294754 said:
Reporter - "What was the difference between the 1st half and the start of the 3rd quarter when you got more involved?"

T.O. - "Well, you just said it, I got more involved. I think it's no secret that when I get the ball, things move, we move the chains... if not, you see the stagnant offense."

Here's the link, that quote is at the very end.
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b31222

I do wish he wouldn't say stuff like this, just because of what the media could do with it. But I have no problem with him thinking it. The great WRs all want the ball more, especially when the team loses and they feel that they could've made a difference. Irvin was the same way.

I personally like having an emotional WR who hurts deeply when we lose... much better than a guy who will quit on his team when things don't go well and is content with simply playing for the paycheck, like a Randy Moss.

It kills me when Dallas loses, and I like knowing that it kills our star players too.

Thanks, Nav. It's tough when we lose b/c all the haters post stuff WAY out of context on this board(I'll admit too-I'm guilty of it as well).

It's also kind of funny how the media distorts quotes from our players. However-Eagles players talk alot of trash(both Juqua Parker and Darren Howard were making snide comments about the Bears D last week), but en yet, you hear nothing from the media.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'm glad TO is saying something.

Players and coaches need to start being held accountable.

I'm sick of the complacent "we're still pretty good" attitude that seems to be filling the air that the team is breathing.

Hopefully some other players start to say things.

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2293737 said:
They distorted two of his sentences of his sentences

He said

They heard

How long have you been Owens' PR manager?

Here is what he said, which is what I heard. Unless, of course, ESPN actually digitally altered the audio...haha.

Media: Do you feel that the Cowboys provided you with enough opportunities.

Owens: I would have to say no. 'Cause I'm a competitor. I get frustrated when I don't get the ball. (Note: Romo either got or attempted to get the ball to Owens on 1/3 of the offensive snaps, including Owen's first 2 runs of the season.)

Media: (Again, something about opportunities).

Owens: I mean, I felt like I had some opportunities. We caused some double moves & sometimes they play the right coverage and other times, like I said, I would come out of my route & the ball was going elsewhere. So, there's not any much more that I could do. It's no secret-when I get the ball, things move, the chains move. If not, you see the stagnant in our offense. All I can do is run my routes. There's nothin' else I can do. I run my routes at close to full speed as I can, trying to get open, but, like I said, I would come out of my route & the ball is going elsewhere.....blah, blah, blah.

Man, Owens really has a great PR campaign working to make him look like he's actually grown up or something. You're doing a pretty good job. Unfortunately, you're working against something bigger than you could ever be--T.O.'s ego. Good luck with that man. You're gonna need it....haha.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2293713 said:
He didn't. Just typical BSPN looking for an angle.

I guess the fiasco going on in Oakland isn't enough.

YAKUZA

What is an Oakland? :laugh2:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Cogan;2295514 said:
How long have you been Owens' PR manager?

Here is what he said, which is what I heard. Unless, of course, ESPN actually digitally altered the audio...haha.

Media: Do you feel that the Cowboys provided you with enough opportunities.

Owens: I would have to say no. 'Cause I'm a competitor. I get frustrated when I don't get the ball. (Note: Romo either got or attempted to get the ball to Owens on 1/3 of the offensive snaps, including Owen's first 2 runs of the season.)

Media: (Again, something about opportunities).

Owens: I mean, I felt like I had some opportunities. We caused some double moves & sometimes they play the right coverage and other times, like I said, I would come out of my route & the ball was going elsewhere. So, there's not any much more that I could do. It's no secret-when I get the ball, things move, the chains move. If not, you see the stagnant in our offense. All I can do is run my routes. There's nothin' else I can do. I run my routes at close to full speed as I can, trying to get open, but, like I said, I would come out of my route & the ball is going elsewhere.....blah, blah, blah.

Man, Owens really has a great PR campaign working to make him look like he's actually grown up or something. You're doing a pretty good job. Unfortunately, you're working against something bigger than you could ever be--T.O.'s ego. Good luck with that man. You're gonna need it....haha.

LOL-didn't you say our biggest achilles heel was our defense? Now you're saying Owens alone costed us this game?

If you want Owens injured and gone for the year-Enjoy! I don't like his personality either, and I cringe when he opens his mouth, but if he's gone, say Hello to FredEx v. 2 as our new #1.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I saw his post-game on fox sports and i think he was asked if he feels he got the ball enough. he said "no"

But we know Owens. "No" means "I would like the ball EVERY play." I don't think his "no" mean he as upset/disgruntled...I think he just felt that, for him, he can help the team the more he touches the ball. After losing a close game, if I had his confidence, I'd feel the same way...

It's all about context and the ESPN idiots are trying to spin this so it appears cracks in the foundation are forming... I seriously doubt that

Plus, players always tend to say things right after the loss, then correct themselves once they've had time to let things settle in and move on.