What do Erst, Kelsey and Gronk have in common?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Did you not watch the game last night? Gronk was killing KC in the blocking game. Him and Develin both.

I don't really pay that much attention to the play-offs once the Cowboys are out. I just don't care that much about the rest of the NFL. I am guessing I got the criticism of Jimmy Graham mixed up with Gronk. He's still fragile though, which is why I always found it offensive when people said he's better than Witten. Durability matters and Gronk doesn't have it.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
You mean Ertz, Kelce and Gronkowski? They're all ridiculously talented, although Gronk is fragile and doesn't block. We don't have a TE like that on this roster. I say go get Cook and draft one early that can vacuum up middle of the field targets like Witten used to.

Get Zack Martin’s brother In law on the CHEAP!

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Jarwin is still a TE2, as is Swaim. Schultz is a TE3 as is, Gathers is practice squad fodder. Cook or Brate would be my preference in free agency to replace Swaim and then a draft pick from the 2nd round. Would probably not be a reach, this is a very deep TE class but we'll want the type that can win you games.

I'll bite, what about the kid from A&M Jace Sternberger? Good film on him and he seems to have it all, blocking and catching skills...just tossing his name out there

Batman1980

Reaction score
I'll bite, what about the kid from A&M Jace Sternberger? Good film on him and he seems to have it all, blocking and catching skills...just tossing his name out there

Yeah, I want two shots at it. Bring in a veteran who's proven like Brate or Cook and a high draft pick. Then if they both work out, great. We're set at TE for years. If only one of them work out, we still have Jarwin and Schultz to complement the new guy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe a better and less predictable playbook, and a better play calls is what really is needed.

I am ok with Swaim and Jarwin, and Shcultz has grown on me. As I was not happy they drafted a TE at that point in the draft. It was not the player, it was the position at the time. But in the last half of the season, Schultz has shown he may have been a good pick.

However, if a sure fire above the top TE is there in the draft. I will have no issues if they take him. well that is my thought for now. However he should be far and above as BPA over a S or DT at the time.

The Rico experiment needs to be filed 13. But I bet he will be in TC. I may be ok with that, need TC bodies. But prefer they move on.

Rico and Showers, time to use those roster spots on others. But I doubt it. Won't complain. Maybe throw some jabs now and then about it. LOL.