What do the candidates truly think of Dak?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Whoever the new HC is will be a father image, mentor to Dak just as Reid was/is with Mahomes.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Only moronic fans have an issue with Dak.

ALL coaches would love to have Dak and this roster as a base to build from.

Most coaches would realize he’s average and would likely try to draft another QB if they can. You think the Chiefs, Pats, Seahawks, or Packers would settle with Dak?

It’s not that I have an issue with Dak. I like him. But he’s inconsistent. Do you have any excuse as to why he threw only 60 yards in the first half of the Bears game? What about that Bills game? Why does he only do good in garbage time? He’s like Bridgewater. A solid starter, but a great backup to have. Question. If a QB that was very similar to Mahomes or Wilson came into the league, would you rather pay Dak his 33-37 mil or try out the promising rookie?

erod

Reaction score
I like Dak and think he can be a franchise QB, but l agree that the new coach needs to decide that before a long term deal is done...
I agree, but will the coach new allowed to make that decision?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak missed a wide open Amari Cooper vs the Bears that would ha

As I said in another thread, Dak is a problem:
He chokes and makes terrible mistakes and throws when the games are not going well.
He is single handedly destroying the efforts of the team around him.
He was the same in college.
It could be argued pretty well that Dak's poor play was a huge factor in the loss to the Bears, as well as the Bill's. He missed open receivers with poor throws that made a difference in the games.

so you only watch and post about his not so good games, never a put his good to great games.
I knew you was a Dak troll from your very first post. I pay no attention to your garbage.
And to note, I am not a Dak fan, nor do I hate him either.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I think Dak will be a positive draw for any new HC. Good attitude, leader, hard worker, team respects him. He is also a good QB who can be made better with proper scheme and game-plan.

jnday

Reaction score
Only moronic fans have an issue with Dak.

ALL coaches would love to have Dak and this roster as a base to build from.
I find it odd that it was reported on this board that various NFL executives had stated that Dak is not nearly as highly thought of around the league as he is in Dallas and that the demand would not be as high as thought if he hit free agency. I read it on this board and two or three more places that printed the whole story. By the way, that was back when he was doing so well against the losing teams that would struggle to beat the Alabama college team. Remember those good ole days when Dak before Dak was exposed?

leeblair

Reaction score
so you only watch and post about his not so good games, never a put his good to great games.
I knew you was a Dak troll from your very first post. I pay no attention to your garbage.
And to note, I am not a Dak fan, nor do I hate him either.
I like the guy, and he's a great athlete, but he is not a franchise quarterback.
Watch his game film from college and you'll see the same thing you see now. When he has plenty of time, he plays great. But when the games get tough and he is pressured, he gets shook up and becomes erratic.
Whoever scouted him should have warned the Cowboys of this tendency. Garrett was so desperate to believe that he would save his job he ignored these things.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whoever the next coach is, they have to be ok with Dak Prescott as the quarterback.

That's got to be a big part of the interview process. Some coaches are really hard on their quarterbacks. They need a certain type to run their offense. Otherwise, they have to strip it down, which castrates them as effective playcallers.

If Dallas chooses an offensive guy, he's got to believe Dak can run what he wants. That is crucial.

That's why a defensive-minded coach is likely the ticket. Let Kellen Moore stay as OC and handle that. Get a tough defensive motivator type. LSU took that approach when Coach O hired the Saints passing coordinator for Joe Burrow.

If you go offensive, the new guy has to accept Dak. How many if them might want another option, such as a first-round pick to compete? Would Jerry tolerate that?

I wonder what Riley, Meyer, or any other candidates think about that situation.

It makes a strong case for the Ron Rivera type. He knows what it's like to have a limited passer at QB. If course, Cam could run.

That wouldn't excite me, but it makes sense.

This is an intricate hire coming.

Any Candidate for the job that accepts Prescott as the starter or doesn't receive guarantees from Jerry that Prescott can be moved or new QB be brought in is either a YES MAN or an inept fool.
Might as well keep Garrett.....

CB61

Reaction score
Why should Moore stay? The offense has struggled and can’t score in the red zone. That is as much Moore's fault as anybody’s.
Or is he Garrett's puppet? We may never know but one thing I can say is it more can't catch the ball for people he can't even make them turn around and look for the ball or to throw it to the right spot

CB61

Reaction score
Dak missed a wide open Amari Cooper vs the Bears that would ha

As I said in another thread, Dak is a problem:
He chokes and makes terrible mistakes and throws when the games are not going well.
He is single handedly destroying the efforts of the team around him.
He was the same in college.
It could be argued pretty well that Dak's poor play was a huge factor in the loss to the Bears, as well as the Bill's. He missed open receivers with poor throws that made a difference in the games.
Can't argue with that either

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of HC’s would see his incurable tangibles. Accuracy, throwing behind receivers, severe panicking under pressure, etc. he has a good work ethic, but sometimes, that is not enough. If I were Riley, Urban, or whoever else we plan on going for as QB, I’d request to tag Dak and bring in competition for Dak. If Dak stinks it up again, release him or make him take 15-20 mil a year. If he lights it up, great, keep him, and let’s the rookie QB sit under him and develop behind the scenes.

Dak is like Teddy Bridgewater IMO. A solid starter, but a better backup.

Bridgewater is better....

CB61

Reaction score
I agree, but will the coach new allowed to make that decision?
Darn good question the success of the Dallas Cowboys in the future will probably depend on that question whether or not the coach will be allowed to make the decisions? And I'm not the only one that probably believes that on here but Jerry Jones meddles in all aspects of the Dallas Cowboys would be interesting to see if he would remove himself from that but I seriously doubt he can it's a disease

CB61

Reaction score
The culture changed in Dallas After Jimmy Johnson and then it headed back in the right direction when Jerry hired Parcells I really don't think Parcells was on board with bringing Owens in and Jerry stuck his big fat nose in that and had to have him I truly believe that it's possible I'm wrong but I truly believe that. Parcells said it he left because of the playoff loss in Seattle I find that hard to believe? He also told us that Tony Romo wasn't the second coming of Rodger Staubach either well not in those words but I believe he said don't annoy him yet? And as much as I liked Romo if he had just driven the bus like Parcells asked him to I think we would have been a lot more successful now there were a lot of factors against him bad offensive line bad defense thought that's going back to the old culture again and of course the hiring of an average coach and I'm being real nice there when I say average

CB61

Reaction score
Bridgewater is better....
That's exactly why we should franchise Prescott and not give him a 40 million dollar contract and be stuck with another mess let the new coaching staff evaluate him or see if they can get him to the next level