What do we do if Bunk falls to 18?

Reaction score
Do we take him? What do the CowboysZone resident draftniks think? Thx!

BY the way, Manny & Mario were seen taking notes on how to tackle
during this play....jk:)
20340845.jpg

19525485.jpg

21263844.jpg

conner01

Reaction score
pass, he does'nt fit what we need. nt is not a big enough need to use a 1st rnd pick, and he's not really suited to be a nt

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
If Bunkley falls you grab him in a heartbeat...this kid is a flat out animal. For those saying pass have not seen him. He is a strong as they get. He is a bigger stronger thicker Glover that can easily man the NT position. He's a 3 down player.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
conner01 said:
pass, he does'nt fit what we need. nt is not a big enough need to use a 1st rnd pick, and he's not really suited to be a nt

He can easily play NT...kid is as strong and thick as you'll see.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
If Bunkley falls you grab him in a heartbeat...this kid is a flat out animal. For those saying pass have not seen him. He is a strong as they get. He is a bigger stronger thicker Glover that can easily man the NT position. He's a 3 down player.
Totally agree. He's a monster.

NT don't necessarily have to be 310 plus LBs. Glover played NT with the Raiders and Cowboys. He's never toped the 300 lb mark.

I doubt Brodrick falls to the 18th. If he does our Dline will be set for years to come.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
this might sound ********, but i couldnt draft a player with the name of BUNKley in the first round, sounds like a loser to me.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
this might sound ********, but i couldnt draft a player with the name of BUNKley in the first round, sounds like a loser to me.
Did loser names keep Belichek from drafting Randall Gay?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Bunkley is better than Ngata ... by a pretty wide margin, IMHO.

I'm not sure I agree with that, however both are freakin animals and would be a huge upgrade at NT.

I think the benefit to getting Bunkley is when we are in the nickle he stays in and creates havoc as a pass rusher too.

4-3 alignment:
LDE Ellis
DT Bunkley
DT Fergy or Canty
RDE Ware

DandyDon

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
:bow:

Reaction score
Who says the guy has to play NT? At 6'-3", 305lbs. with what seems to me as 5% body fat, the guy would make a Pro-Bowl DE! He ran a 4.94 40. That's faster than Spears or Canty ever ran it. Dude is nothing but muscle, so he could switch back & forth from DE to NT. He benched 225lbs. 44 times at the combine-only second to the 45 times of Mike Kudla of The Ohio State University. So, he's strong & fast, and has no fat to slow him down. I don't know, sounds pretty risky.....:laugh2:

If we are going to stick to the "best available athlete" mantra, then we take Bunkley in a heartbeat at #18!

Pokes28

Reaction score
If Bunkley or Ngata were to fall, I think that the brain trust stops. Looks around for cameras and Ashton to see if they are being punked. Then when they realize that only Ed Werder is around, they make a call and promptly pick either one of them that fall. Then they break out the DP and start celebrating their good fortune.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Charles said:

NT don't necessarily have to be 310 plus LBs. Glover played NT with the Raiders and Cowboys. He's never toped the 300 lb mark.

I doubt Brodrick falls to the 18th. If he does our Dline will be set for years to come.

Don't mean to deBUNK your wishes. But if he falls to 18 then get him!

I guess I didn't after all. I just wanted to use that silly pun.

kartr

Reaction score
Charles said:

Me three, this guy is super, but if he doesn't fall to us at 18, then I want Jon. Lewis in the 2nd instead.

kartr

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I'm not sure I agree with that, however both are freakin animals and would be a huge upgrade at NT.

I think the benefit to getting Bunkley is when we are in the nickle he stays in and creates havoc as a pass rusher too.

4-3 alignment:
LDE Ellis
DT Bunkley
DT Fergy or Canty
RDE Ware

That group would create an excellent pass rush and would make whoever is in our secondary pro bowl candidates.

kartr

Reaction score
Cogan said:
Who says the guy has to play NT? At 6'-3", 305lbs. with what seems to me as 5% body fat, the guy would make a Pro-Bowl DE! He ran a 4.94 40. That's faster than Spears or Canty ever ran it. Dude is nothing but muscle, so he could switch back & forth from DE to NT. He benched 225lbs. 44 times at the combine-only second to the 45 times of Mike Kudla of The Ohio State University. So, he's strong & fast, and has no fat to slow him down. I don't know, sounds pretty risky.....:laugh2:

If we are going to stick to the "best available athlete" mantra, then we take Bunkley in a heartbeat at #18!

Agreed.