What do we do if Bunk falls to 18?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I have Bunkley gone at #8, but if he's there, take the bait.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
conner01 said:
pass, he does'nt fit what we need. nt is not a big enough need to use a 1st rnd pick, and he's not really suited to be a nt

Crennel and Savage would beg to differ. View him as a versatile guy that could play any line position. If Ngata doesn't fall to them, I'd look for Bunkley to the Browns.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Here is what scares me about Bunkley....

EVERY article I read prior to the college football season, (and I live in the heart of FSU territiory here in the Florida Panhandle), listed Bunkley at anywhere from 6'2" to 6'3" 280 - 290 lbs. They also talked about how FSU needed Bunkley to step up and have a big year, which of course he did.
His official bio at FSU listed him at 6'3" 284 lbs.
Now we get to the draft and all the draft reports list him at anywhere from 300-310 lbs. Hmm....

I know he's freakishly strong, but he strikes me as a weight room warrior who is a puffed up 300 lber and not naturally the big guy you want to man the middle in the 3-4. The fact is he's not naturally much bigger than Glover who we just let walk away.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Charles said:
Totally agree. He's a monster.

NT don't necessarily have to be 310 plus LBs. Glover played NT with the Raiders and Cowboys. He's never toped the 300 lb mark.

I doubt Brodrick falls to the 18th. If he does our Dline will be set for years to come.

Ferguson is 306..Bunkley recently 306 :)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Here is what scares me about Bunkley....

EVERY article I read prior to the college football season, (and I live in the heart of FSU territiory here in the Florida Panhandle), listed Bunkley at anywhere from 6'2" to 6'3" 280 - 290 lbs. They also talked about how FSU needed Bunkley to step up and have a big year, which of course he did.
His official bio at FSU listed him at 6'3" 284 lbs.
Now we get to the draft and all the draft reports list him at anywhere from 300-310 lbs. Hmm....

I know he's freakishly strong, but he strikes me as a weight room warrior who is a puffed up 300 lber and not naturally the big guy you want to man the middle in the 3-4. The fact is he's not naturally much bigger than Glover who we just let walk away.

Well, he ran wel, showed excellent quickness and is Blue Oxe strong at the combine while checking in at 306 or so. I am suspicious of the 20 lbs of weight he was able to add in a short period of time but I don't think there's any question that he could rotate at NT, play a strong DE in a 34 and be a huge disruption in a 3 technique position in the nickle.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Bunkley is a 2 gap DT in a 4-3 scheme, not a NT. From what I have read, he would be a better fit at DE in the 3-4 than NT and we are already set there.

rw54

Reaction score
What do we do? I don't know but if it was me I would take him in less than ten seconds. Mayock compared him to Casey Hampton. Brandt said he would make a good NT. He is a player. Much bigger boned than Glover, but muscular like Glover. Watch him overpower Max Jean Gilles at the Senior Bowl practices. Dude is a stud. Most physically superior guy in the draft. He won't be there.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
If Bunkley falls you grab him in a heartbeat...this kid is a flat out animal. For those saying pass have not seen him. He is a strong as they get. He is a bigger stronger thicker Glover that can easily man the NT position. He's a 3 down player.
Yes
yes

and

yes

Smith22

Reaction score
Run the pick to the podium the 1st second we are on the clock. Worse case scenario, he rotates with Fergy and also plays some at DE. That being said, I don't see how he could fall to 18.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
if Bunkley were to fall to 18, I'd entertain some trade offers, and no doubt we'd be getting alot of calls