What do you expect from this team in the next 3 years?

dwreck27

Reaction score
Super bowl or bust

If we can’t get it done in this window need to blow it all up top to bottom and rebuild.. gonna have some aging Vets contracts to get rid of...

Can only hope we draft well to keep it going but we’ve been having a lot of misses lately

RoboQB

Reaction score
I expect to see Big Mike eating chicken wings on the bench at a Pro Bowl... lol

I expect to see Jaylon Smith leaving the field during a game for a
Clear Eye View board meeting that was dubiously scheduled.

I expect to see Ha Ha Clinton-Dix shatter into a million pieces
while attempting his first tackle.

I expect to see Randy Gregory mockingly hitting a bong after every sack.

I expect to see LVE never play another down while pundits and CZ Board
doctors and experts continue to say "it's just a stinger".

I expect to see members completely miss the joke and be offended.

kumizi

Reaction score
It's tough to envision them being a contender with how much money the top 5-6 players are gonna be making. Unless most of them are performing at an elite level (which they currently are not) or Dak turns into Mahomes.

Dak, Amari, Dlaw, Jaylon, Zeke: I don't foresee any of them being top 3 at their position.

Zmart (if healthy) is the only one I am confident will be All Pro. Probably 2nd best guard after Quenton Nelson.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
What can we expect from this Cowboys team the next 3 years?

There is no question this team is built around the QB/RB/WR who are 27/25/25 coming into this year. They should all be into their primes for the next 3 years — what can we expect?

I’m so scarred by Jason Garrett’s consistent inexcusable mistakes that caused this team could never get out of its own way. Basic decisions such as time management, critical situation calls, and special teams have plagued our seasons.

I believe our range of results is wide depending on McCarthy, health, and roster additions from the draft. I’m an optimist at heart, but it’s hard to get away from thinking more 8-8 or 9-7, fringe playoff seasons, maybe one special 12-4/13-3 season with a disappointing playoff loss.

If we are a Super Bowl contender, it will be because of McCarthy’s superiority over Garrett.
what else SB or bust and if we dont at least have one NFCCG appearance the MM project is done after 3 years..

basel90

Reaction score
It's tough to envision them being a contender with how much money the top 5-6 players are gonna be making. Unless most of them are performing at an elite level (which they currently are not) or Dak turns into Mahomes.

Dak, Amari, Dlaw, Jaylon, Zeke: I don't foresee any of them being top 3 at their position.

Zmart (if healthy) is the only one I am confident will be All Pro. Probably 2nd best guard after Quenton Nelson.
very valid points. I think the defense will improve with McCarthy and team calling the shots . The offense i worry is too predictable, dak cannot read defenses and his passes are inaccurate, a trait that is hard to correct . Zeke is not as dynamic , the OL is aging.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
iu

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In this crazy world we live in, who has a realistic expectation about anything, three years in the future? The Cowboys disappointed us last year and they have struggled with consistency for several seasons.

Rayman70

Reaction score
hilarious, you sure are an optimist :)
hopeful, optimistic, a realist. Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel ..or Dak? hm...lol...what are our other options? Cooper Rush? LOL...a rookie? Pay the man and lets win the division and see what happens.

Flamma

Reaction score
What can we expect from this Cowboys team the next 3 years?

There is no question this team is built around the QB/RB/WR who are 27/25/25 coming into this year. They should all be into their primes for the next 3 years — what can we expect?

I’m so scarred by Jason Garrett’s consistent inexcusable mistakes that caused this team could never get out of its own way. Basic decisions such as time management, critical situation calls, and special teams have plagued our seasons.

I believe our range of results is wide depending on McCarthy, health, and roster additions from the draft. I’m an optimist at heart, but it’s hard to get away from thinking more 8-8 or 9-7, fringe playoff seasons, maybe one special 12-4/13-3 season with a disappointing playoff loss.

If we are a Super Bowl contender, it will be because of McCarthy’s superiority over Garrett.

I'm of the same mindset.

basel90

Reaction score
hopeful, optimistic, a realist. Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel ..or Dak? hm...lol...what are our other options? Cooper Rush? LOL...a rookie? Pay the man and lets win the division and see what happens.
yes it has been a long time since this team excelled. My worry is that Dak had his chance , especialy the last 2 years and he continued to regress. he is 1-6 last year against winning teams, despite a top RB , WR, OL . He could not carry the team in one game . Now he wants 37+ mil . And jerry may actually pay that ...

Rayman70

Reaction score
yes it has been a long time since this team excelled. My worry is that Dak had his chance , especialy the last 2 years and he continued to regress. he is 1-6 last year against winning teams, despite a top RB , WR, OL . He could not carry the team in one game . Now he wants 37+ mil . And jerry may actually pay that ...
lets just see what happens with the new system, players and playbook. MM and his staff might elevate him.