What do you think about the Air Coryell type offense Moore runs?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the Air Coryell type offense Moore runs? I didn't see any slants or screens or misdirection against a philly D that was pressuring our guys, actually against any D that gives us trouble.

All I see when our QB is under pressure is our WR running outs, gos and crossing slow developing routes.

I'm digging the run game, the Oline is blocking better, but I think we need more slants and maybe screens with Pollard and Turpin to keep the D on its heels. What do you think?

If this is the Air Coryell offense, it is still sitting on the tar mac waiting for further instructions.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I think all offensive systems have certain similarities. WCO has more of a quick passing game concept with alot of slants and mesh concepts. But the issue especially with slants is the QB has to be accurate and the WR has to be at the spot on time. Dak will sometimes throw behind receivers on those type plays but also, I need Ceedee to be where he is supposed to be also. Dak has to trust and throw the ball to a "spot" and the receiver needs to be at that "spot" to catch the ball.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only problem with running the air Coryell offensive system is we don't have Dan Fouts lol
Seriously I actually got to chat with coach Coryell once, what a honor

Portnoy1

Reaction score
The only problem with running the air Coryell offensive system is you don't have Dan Fouts lol
Seriously I actually got to chat with coach Coryell once, what a honor
Amen! QB makes a difference don't it. Aaron Rodgers is an incredible QB , but they are trying to run some of that same system Rodgers was apart of in Chicago and Denver and it don't look the same do it lol

Motorola

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the Air Coryell type offense Moore runs? I didn't see any slants or screens or misdirection against a philly D that was pressuring our guys, actually against any D that gives us trouble.

All I see when our QB is under pressure is our WR running outs, gos and crossing slow developing routes.

I'm digging the run game, the Oline is blocking better, but I think we need more slants and maybe screens with Pollard and Turpin to keep the D on its heels. What do you think?
Norhing about Kellen Moore's 3 and 1/3 seasons as the Cowboys OC reminds me of anyrhing about Don Coryell's contributions and results in the NFL.