What do you think of McCarthy as HC thread

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Failed?

The guy went to 4 NFC championship games and won a SB.

I realize that but it all went south to the point he had to be fired mid season. That’s what I was referring to. I mentioned he had success. My point was he eventually failed which points to lack of innovation and willingness to adapt. I hope he has reflected on that and has a fresh outlook.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
im underwhelmed. I can go back to sleep now. Take Cowboyszone forum off my favorites bookmark.

Syron

Reaction score
Again 9 out of 13 years in the playoffs. Yes he had rodgers, i ask.... go look at those teams. What else did the guy have? Yes he had the best qb in the league, but never a legit run game. Never really a consistent defense. The front office didn't do a great job.
Exactly. If the Packers were a one and done team, I would be worried. They were always consistently good under McCarthy. Packers are a top 5 times in wins in the last 20 years...and they play in a bruising division that is similar to NFC East.

I wanted a college coach, but that is because I didn't want to sign Dak long term. I wanted a new coach to come in and see what we have. I think this hire means JJ believes we can win now. And that means a long term deal for Dak and Amari. Maybe a big name or two in the free agency. And who knows. We get a strong Defensive coach in here and we could be scary. One thing is for sure, if we can get this offense consistent with a decent defense, we can play with anyone.

droopdog7

Reaction score
The fact that McCarthy was hire on the condition of or because he was okay with keeping Moore tells me nothing has changed. We'll see another several years of people complaining about the coach when the issue starts at the top.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe he will be the playcaller. He has always been in GB, right?
what he used to do what he's going to do with the cowboys is two different things. I believe he will have input just like Jason Garrett did on game design game planning but when it comes to the game I think more will still be calling plays just like before. Maybe McCarthy will give more additional input as the game goes on where Garrett did not that remains to be seen.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Not the coach I wanted. I preferred 1) Clemson OC Tony Elliott, 2) FL HC Mullen,, 3) Urban Meyer, 4) Saints Assistant Coach Dan Campbell.

I guess they could have done worse. I have a wait and see attitude. As long as I don't have to watch numbnuts Garrett anymore I am happy.

cowboyed

Reaction score
This will be high profile redemption for Mike McCarthy. I bet he gets Jerry to buy but Mike still picks his groceries.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
The fact that McCarthy was hire on the condition of or because he was okay with keeping Moore tells me nothing has changed. We'll see another several years of people complaining about the coach when the issue starts at the top.
Is this truly a fact.

I have this uneasy feeling that...
McCarthy = Wade
Moore = Garrett

Cowboys22

Reaction score

That actually did make me feel better. I want to hear more about the way he studied the league and applied analytics to revamp his offense. Might be nice if that is a jumpstart to implementing analytics throughout the organization. I enjoyed hearing everyone calling him an adult in the room. That was not Garrett. I still have a fear about how much Jerry forced on him that he was willing to accept. I don’t want a retread seat warmer while Jerry tries to turn Moore into what he wanted Garrett to be. I want a legitimate coaching staff for the long haul and I hope that is want Jerry sees with this hire. The second McCarthy feels he is just a place holder for Moore, this whole thing goes south just like in Green Bay.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That actually did make me feel better. I want to hear more about the way he studied the league and applied analytics to revamp his offense. Might be nice if that is a jumpstart to implementing analytics throughout the organization. I enjoyed hearing everyone calling him an adult in the room. That was not Garrett. I still have a fear about how much Jerry forced on him that he was willing to accept. I don’t want a retread seat warmer while Jerry tries to turn Moore into what he wanted Garrett to be. I want a legitimate coaching staff for the long haul and I hope that is want Jerry sees with this hire. The second McCarthy feels he is just a place holder for Moore, this whole thing goes south just like in Green Bay.

I am trying to find the positive. I think McCarthy is at least a real head coach with a winning pedigree. He was always a good QB guy so I think he will help Dak. I hope he gets a very strict DC. I don’t like him paired with Lewis.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Is this truly a fact.

I have this uneasy feeling that...
McCarthy = Wade
Moore = Garrett
Perhaps I should misused the word fact but everything I have heard so far is that Moore is staying. So either Jerry hired the guy that would keep Moore or it didn't matter who he hired, Jerry is making the decisions still. None of those possibilities is very encouraging to me.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Can only imagine our fan base should we play Wodgers next season.... AND WIN with McCarthy at the helms! KARMA A COMIN' WODGERS! :lmao:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
McCarthy has been to the mountaintop as HC. Give him three years to prove he still knows how to navigate the terrain. Patience.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Not everyone is a fan I get it..... but what I’m seeing is...

packers fans think he’ll be a good hire.
giants fans wanted him.
Some of the media are actually giving us credit for the hire which they never do.

you want to say he’s good and not great that’s fine. Good will get us to the playoffs every year with our roster

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wanna hear from you guys? I just don't know. Can fans more in the know about him comment please. Thanks.

Ice-- He was very well respected in Green Bay and by other NFL teams front offices