What do you think of the team so far?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
4. Just a good team with nothing proven.

Until they play a contender this is where I am. Hard not to be excited though. On the other hand with JG you just know this season is going to end in heartbreak. Hope he proves me wrong this year. In the meantime I'm just enjoying this.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Combination of 1 - 4, but needle pointing more toward 2.
Possibly pointing to 1 but with an IF. If the defense can play like it did against the Saints last year.

12+88=7

Reaction score
In the first half of the year Dallas will only face two playoff contenders, GB and Philadelphia.

This team will have to wait till the second half of season to prove themselves or to us who they are.

I will wait till then to pass judgment. But to give you an answer, they look good right now. I'm positive.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the first half of the year Dallas will only face two playoff contenders, GB and Philadelphia.

This team will have to wait till the second half of season to prove themselves or to us who they are.

I will wait till then to pass judgment. But to give you an answer, they look good right now. I'm positive.

Saints will still be a tough game, they have a very good defense, and Bridgewater is no slouch, and they have weapons, and we need to stop Kamara.
And they are a playoff team, from last year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Outside of the risk of disappointment what do I have to lose? I'm a fan, I'm all in. What am I waiting to see? I can't sit here and guarantee anything I can only hope that the talent that has been put together can finally get over the hump and get another title. If this team wins a title, my life does not change and if they fail my life does not change. I’m just a fan pulling for my team and you bet all in

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Outside of the risk of disappointment what do I have to lose? I'm a fan, I'm all in. What am I waiting to see? I can't sit here and guarantee anything I can only hope that the talent that has been put together can finally get over the hump and get another title. If this team wins a title, my life does not change and if they fail my life does not change. I’m just a fan pulling for my team and you bet all in
Fair enough. it does change my attitude in my work week however.:laugh::(;)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3.5, it is a good team, maybe very good if the D improves, but the one thing that I've felt posters here have been far to over the top on is depth. I don't see it.

It's really hard to have a good handle on this team with the two teams they've beaten because both actually look worse than their records. I know the sell on the 0-2 is that 1 of those losses is because of the Cowboys but they, particularly the Giants, would have lost to most teams. Hot seat HC's with questions at QB.

The defense is a concern and the feeling that Quinn or Gregory will fix that doesn't fly because the defense has more issues than the DE position. The best D player after the first two games is the CB up for a contract and there's another potential top 6 paid player, if they decide to keep him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I Know,I know...just two games against subpar comps, but where are you at?

1. all in

2. Excited on the inside but don't show it on the outside.

3. Wait and see, hope injuries don't pile up?

5. some where in the middle

6. It's a long season, they will find a way to be one and out.

What say you? Super early returns...:)

Do we have to "be somewhere" ?

The reason sports are popular is because the outcomes are unknown.

I like to wait and see what happens.

If the Cowboys win it's a bonus. I don't "need" them to win to be content in life.

If they don't win, I find attempting to determine the reasons as entertainment in itself.

Obviously if there was zero hope for winning I might feel differently; however, most years the Cowboys have a chance to win.

It would be difficult to be a fan of some teams that seem to rarely have a chance for a winning season or 2 winning seasons in a row.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Honestly even if we were 0-2 I would be all in. Last year should have showed a lot of fans that it's not over until it's over.
giphy.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, that's the "heart" part of the game that asks that we suspend the "mind" part of it and I can do that once the game is underway as I am sure most here can.

Too many confuse the observations that posters have here during the week with their level of fanhood. Just because that's what some see doesn't mean that's what they want to believe.

And I am onboard with that life effect that any team has on mine. I thought life would be better after they won that first one in 71 but it didn't change at all. It had no effect.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I Know,I know...just two games against subpar comps, but where are you at?

1. all in

2. Excited on the inside but don't show it on the outside.

3. Wait and see, hope injuries don't pile up?

5. some where in the middle

6. It's a long season, they will find a way to be one and out.

What say you? Super early returns...:)
Interesting list.
#1 is fun but has ended in #6 till this season.
I'll take 'Wait and See' for $800, Alex.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Saints will still be a tough game, they have a very good defense, and Bridgewater is no slouch, and they have weapons, and we need to stop Kamara.
And they are a playoff team, from last year.

With the loss of Brees, I don't consider NO a playoff contender. I now put them in the pretender category.

Teams on the schedule I believe are contenders are Philadelphia, GB, Minnesota, Chicago, LA, and NE.

6 out of 7 of those games are at the end of the year, Buffalo on Thanksgiving is the only pretender.

The end of the year will tell what type of team Dallas is this year.