What do you think the chances are of the NFC Championship being in Texas Stadium

tiny tim

Reaction score
Right now the Cowboys are in the 5th seed playoff spot. If the Cowboys go into the playoffs as a 5th seed they would still have a chance of having one NFC playoff game at home. The Cowboys would need to win 2 games on the road and then then the other wildcard team would have to win 2 games on the road.

Has there ever been a time when 2 wildcard teams made it to a Conference Championship game? I know that it's never happend in the NFC, but what about the AFC?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
It's so slim, its not even worth thinking about.

Pretty sure its never happened in either conference.

ologan

Reaction score
What an absolute wonderful swan song for Texas Stadium....One can dream!!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
it would be nice..

but they had that chance last year and did not seal the deal.

they got outcoached and outplayed.

the way our defense is playing right now we can go to the superbowl no matter where the game is played.

defense wins championships.

we are peaking at the right time imo.

carolina looks like the team to beat to get to the superbowl......and we match up well with them...always have.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
lane;2498253 said:
it would be nice..

but they had that chance last year and did not seal the deal.

they got outcoached and outplayed.

the way our defense is playing right now we can go to the superbowl no matter where the game is played.

defense wins championships.

we are peaking at the right time imo.

carolina looks like the team to beat to get to the superbowl......and we match up well with them...always have.

If we get into the playoffs as the 5 seed, it may actually work out the best. If we're on a run, I wouldnt want a bye week anyway, b/c it may throw off the momentum.

We HAVE to win these next two as far as momentum is concerned. If we get on a roll going into the playoffs, and our defense keeps playing like this...there is no team that will beat us. You can take that to the bank.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;2498217 said:
It's so slim, its not even worth thinking about.

Pretty sure its never happened in either conference.
I'll echo this. Not a realistic chance in the world.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;2498297 said:
I'll echo this. Not a realistic chance in the world.

People just need to think about how rare it is for a team to win back to back road games in the playoffs, then think that it has to happen for TWO teams for this to happen.

It's almost assuredly not happening. Niether Tampa or Atlanta is winning on the road in the NFC.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
dallas at carolina

nfc championship game

can't wait...