Video: What does Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott need to improve upon in 2017

jday

Reaction score
I didn't like our schematics in the red zone with Romo either.

YR
I'd say I had more of a love-hate relationship with the Cowboys schematics in general over the years. I've never been a fan of the shotgun draw from 5 yards out; especially at the rate they did it in the Romo era, but the option with Dak running it has proved deadly. The back shoulder post up fade to Dez is one of those plays the opposition knows they'll try every time they enter the RZ; with Romo it was hard to stop. Dak seemed to struggle with his ball placement. Dez was able to overcome that on many instances, but not all. You can bet Garrett and company will execute a corporate style self-evaluation process that will include scrapping what won't work, improve were they can and likely adding a bit more to Dak's available reads and checks.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Don't need to watch video. We all know Dak needs to improve playing in cold arenas (Minny, NY), etc. And of course the blitz, mainly because our OL fails to adjust and Dak has to find the quick outs better and with Zeke.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Don't need to watch video. We all know Dak needs to improve playing in cold arenas (Minny, NY), etc. And of course the blitz, mainly because our OL fails to adjust and Dak has to find the quick outs better and with Zeke.

Yea, videos are pretty ignorant...:facepalm:

haleyrules

Reaction score
Prescott just needs experience. Coaching will make or break Prescott in the coming years.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Never said they were. Just saying we all know what Dak needs to improve on, as I stated. And why the facepalm, really?

Sorry, not all of Cowboy knows that there are skill levels missing, and just developmental progressions involved with him. For starters, the team is elevating the skills people to be used by Dak Prescott. But to understand, and not project a feeling, films do provide comparisons to have a base for projecting...with reason. I dare say most memories as to technique is not as good as being projected here. Care to address again?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Sorry, not all of Cowboy knows that there are skill levels missing, and just developmental progressions involved with him. For starters, the team is elevating the skills people to be used by Dak Prescott. But to understand, and not project a feeling, films do provide comparisons to have a base for projecting...with reason. I dare say most memories as to technique is not as good as being projected here. Care to address again?

So are skill levels missing in any of our other young players, or does this just apply to the qb? Does Zeke have skill levels missing? I have addressed what Dak needs to improve on.

" I dare say most memories as to technique is not as good as being projected here."

As to technique, not as good being projected here? So now it's his technique isn't good enough. That's a new one.

CCBoy

Reaction score
So are skill levels missing in any of our other young players, or does this just apply to the qb? Does Zeke have skill levels missing? I have addressed what Dak needs to improve on.

" I dare say most memories as to technique is not as good as being projected here."

As to technique, not as good being projected here? So now it's his technique isn't good enough. That's a new one.

For the record, quite arguing for the sake of arguing...and just go back to sleep.

If technique was NOT studied, how can one arrive at a valid opinion, Son?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Nothing because he'll be improving himself more as he matures. The kids a natural like Romo was. The capabilities Dak has can neither be coached nor taught. Just so happy we got this kid. It's great to be looking forward to our season again instead of not.

shabazz

Reaction score
All of this hype will have exactly zero to do with success or a let down

Some will look like geniuses and some like fools

Nobody knows but nothing wrong with amateurs speculating