What does Noah Brown bring to the table?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Besides being the lead motion wide receiver on a run play to block, what else does he bring to the table?

I'm hoping we can go with someone else this season. Vasher or an unknown camp/pre-season standout. Please give me your thoughts, keep him, or let the experiment be over!!??
he is the 5th or 6th guy on the depth chart. if you are the 5th or 6th guy you ain't seeing much playing time. if you are, then it means the starters and two primary backups are injured. the 5th or 6th guy should see 50-75 snaps all year. so you better be really good at special teams if you are 5th or 6th on the depth chart and that's what he brings to the table. before you say who cares about special teams, remember when we were one of the worst teams in the league in starting position and giving up starting position and all the complaints that went along with it.

and if there is a 5th or 6th guy on the depth chart that's a decent WR with some talent, but needs time, you stash him on the PS. if another teams picks them, they are desparate for WR help.

so yeah, I am not hot on brown as a WR. he is great special teamer, he is a really good blocker, at least he brings that to the table. its not an experiment. stop dreaming that vasher et. al going to turn into the next michael irvin....it ain't happening.

btw, the rumors out of the camp was that Vasher doesn't really know the play book and coaches were frustrated with him, so yeah size is meaningless unless he shows something. he gets the camp and preseason to prove it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Besides being the lead motion wide receiver on a run play to block, what else does he bring to the table?

I'm hoping we can go with someone else this season. Vasher or an unknown camp/pre-season standout. Please give me your thoughts, keep him, or let the experiment be over!!??

Basically competent WR who knows the system has a real role on offense and is a core special teamer, all for barely over veteran min. He's a deal.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This long story about nothing clearly you're bored, I didn't even read it. What a waste of space in this lovely forum

Not saying that this applies to you...

Just posting what came to mind when I saw your post.

Aven8

Reaction score
This Noah Brown thing is so strange to me.

Why are y’all so obsessed with the 5th WR? WR5’s are guys who rarely see the field for consistent offensive snaps, they are primarily ST’ers. When they do get to play, you’re looking for a reliable/solid player who can help in a pinch.

Noah Brown is the epitome of what a WR5 is.

You can hope for a playmaking guy to take his spot but that’s not what WR5’s are on the roster for. If the guy can’t block and play ST’s better than Noah Brown he won’t make the team over him, simple.

The top 4 WR’s are who you look for to make plays, not WR5. Additionally, none of the other WR’s have shown anything to usurp him.

If Fehoko, Vasher, or one of the other guys can make plays in the preseason and show higher than WR 4/5 potential while also playing ST’s at a high level then you won’t see Noah Brown on the team. But until that happens you’re not gonna see Brown replaced and rightfully so.

You don’t need a finesse WR5 you need a ST’er who does the dirty work. Stop worrying so much about guys who are 5th on the depth chart.

Right? I’ve seen more Noah threads lately than Parsons threads

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Who cares who played a down, nobody has played a down this NFL season
This long story about nothing clearly you're bored, I didn't even read it. What a waste of space in this lovely forum
So in your OP you ask for posters to give you their thoughts. But, since most of the post are positive and not in line with your train of thought, you don't want to hear them?

This reminds me of a movie scene. A kid getting his but kicked in playground basketball. So he ends the game by taking his ball and going home. Just saying.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Noah is a scrapper, I will give him that.
He does the dirty work that most in the locker room shrug at when asked.
He hangs on by a thread because he works his *** off, not entitled at all.
There hasnt been anyone else that can replace his role yet, so I give him credit until he loses the right to keep it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So in your OP you ask for posters to give you their thoughts. But, since most of the post are positive and not in line with your train of thought, you don't want to hear them?

This reminds me of a movie scene. A kid getting his but kicked in playground basketball. So he ends the game by taking his ball and going home. Just saying.
:hammer: