What exactly does it take to get a holding call nowadays?

superpunk

Reaction score
http://img140.*************/img140/2280/holdinglp9.jpg
http://img140.*************/img140/holdinglp9.jpg/1/w473.png

It was all game long, too. That was just the most blatant, and was never mentioned, even though there is a ref RIGHT there.

superpunk

Reaction score
Danny White;2263201 said:
That couldn't have been holding.

Jaworski said it was great blocking.

:rolleyes:
Great playcall, design and execution...by the Eagles. Look at the Wr blocking. he is standing his man up...and RIPPING his jersey off of him, that's JUST how they teach you to do it. GREAT job by the Eagles getting a FAVORABLE matchup....for their playmaker.

/Jaworski

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
What you have to do to get a holding call is...put on a Cowboys jersey. Then they'll call holding on you all day long.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
That whole series was Ref induced, with their poor performance.

First the bogus PI call on Henry, to set up that fiasco, with Jenkins being held in front of the Ref.

It happens. I'm just glad the Cowboys are good enough to overcome that sort of garbage.

VegasMalone

Reaction score
Its scary how bad the refs are this year...They cost us 2 TDs in this game

(1) Henry PI
(2) DeShawn Jacksons TD which was really a fumble

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Usually when the refs get together and say, "We'll let them play", it usually means that they will not call penalties too strictly for BOTH teams. Not only were the refs calling penalties on just one team, they were blatantly disregarding obvious fouls for the other team. Maybe we should have switched jerseys with the Eagles? The penalties would've gone the other way then.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I am gonna resist the urge to make a joke about your mom knowing how to hold me just right.

Grevus

Reaction score
I normally don't agree with conspiracy theories, but I have to agree, this was a badly called game. There were some that weren't called on the Cowboys early, but the Eagles were getting away with a lot more.

The NFL officals had a bad weekend. I hope it doesn't continue....

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
On one of Westbrooks TDs up the middle, we had one of our LBs (Burnett?) get turned completely around due to a hold.

Holding takes place during entire games but tends to hardly ever get called, especially against our boys.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The biggest joke was the PI on Henry, the refrees should all be suspended, they've been awful.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
In all fairness, henry threw his hands up as if to say " I didn't do nothing" 9 times out of ten that means that the DB did something.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
stealth;2263278 said:
In all fairness, henry threw his hands up as if to say " I didn't do nothing" 9 times out of ten that means that the DB did something.

In all fairness, the penalty should have been offensive PI. ;)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
stealth;2263278 said:

So the refs make their calls based on player reactions now instead of what they actually see? Do they get paid to guess?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
stealth;2263278 said:

In this case that would be the 1 time out of 10 when he didn't do something.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I just can see why it was called, not saying it was right. You just gotta take that kinda stuff on the chin though.

Dcz84

Reaction score
3 players held on the same play and no call, umm cant be right:banghead: Also the Eagles were slapping Romo about the head none where ever called and there was a play where McNabb scrambled and threw underhand and was over the line of scrimmage. Just horrible Ref's all around the league.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;2263269 said:
The biggest joke was the PI on Henry, the refrees should all be suspended, they've been awful.
I would at least like to hear Pierra (sp) (the head of officiating that comes on NFL Network every Wednesday) explain a few of the calls we saw not just in our game but the whole weekend.

Some of the refs deserve to be suspended IMO. Maybe that will serve as a wake up call for the other refs.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2263305 said:
I would at least like to hear Pierra (sp) (the head of officiating that comes on NFL Network every Wednesday) explain a few of the calls we saw not just in our game but the whole weekend.

Some of the refs deserve to be suspended IMO. Maybe that will serve as a wake up call for the other refs.

No you don't, it would just make you more upset. You know he's going to back the refs.

The best he could come up with about the Denver debacle was that they would look at the rule, nevermind that the ref completely blew the call. He places the blame on the rule that didn't allow him to change it, not the ref that blew his whistle early on a play he should have let go and let them challenge to fix.