What exactly is missing with our Offensive Line?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Besides needing an entire new scheme/game plan, what exactly in our starting 5 lineman are causing us not to get good movement on the defense.

Guyton-Rookie, he needs more time, thrown into the fire far too early.

Tyler Smith- Probably our best lineman right now

Cooper- Rookie, has some toughness, thrown in the fire too early, not his fault

Martin- Not the same player he was in years past, probably won't be playing much longer due to age/skills declining

Steele-Not the same player, excelled in one aspect of blocking, now it seems that he's not excelling in anything!

How does our O-line compare or not to the other O-lines in the NFL that our defense faces? It seems that these lineman are firing off the ball, and they're moving guys out of the way consistently. For our o-line, it seems that on the snap, our guys are getting pushed back, and we're not firing off and staying with our blocks. Please give your thoughts on what you see our O-line struggling with......

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Solari should have been fired a long time ago. The guy is ancient and the whole unit is under-performing IMO.

I think it is a combination of an outdated scheme, and a bad fit in terms of the talent we have.

Bottom line is that this OL should be more productive overall than it has been.

Holding out a measure of hope that they will start to hit their stride around game 6 like they did last year— but it is not looking good so far.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Solari should have been fired a long time ago. The guy is ancient and the whole unit is under-performing IMO.

I think it is a combination of an outdated scheme, and a bad fit in terms of the talent we have.

Bottom line is that this OL should be more productive overall than it has been.

Holding out a measure of hope that they will start to hit their stride around game 6 like they did last year— but it is not looking good so far.
I hear you on that, if that does happen, why does it take us so long? Like what are they doing all summer and in the spring

gtb1943

Reaction score
I am hoping Martin is not declining as much as some think
Guyton is raw and needs more experience
Beebe is getting better and frankly I think is better than Biadasz
Tyler is the boss
Steele sadly just has not recovered and now its doubtful he ever will

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am hoping Martin is not declining as much as some think
Guyton is raw and needs more experience
Beebe is getting better and frankly I think is better than Biadasz
Tyler is the boss
Steele sadly just has not recovered and now its doubtful he ever will
Good points GTB

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
An OL coach under 100 would be a good place to start
loooooooooooool a DC as well, would love to see a young energized guy come in here and revamp our entire offensive scheme. Take every play out of it, install a new one, if Dak can't grasp it, there's an issue

gtb1943

Reaction score
loooooooooooool a DC as well, would love to see a young energized guy come in here and revamp our entire offensive scheme. Take every play out of it, install a new one, if Dak can't grasp it, there's an issue
ginger was young
so youth is not everything

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Besides needing an entire new scheme/game plan, what exactly in our starting 5 lineman are causing us not to get good movement on the defense.

Guyton-Rookie, he needs more time, thrown into the fire far too early.

Tyler Smith- Probably our best lineman right now

Cooper- Rookie, has some toughness, thrown in the fire too early, not his fault

Martin- Not the same player he was in years past, probably won't be playing much longer due to age/skills declining

Steele-Not the same player, excelled in one aspect of blocking, now it seems that he's not excelling in anything!

How does our O-line compare or not to the other O-lines in the NFL that our defense faces? It seems that these lineman are firing off the ball, and they're moving guys out of the way consistently. For our o-line, it seems that on the snap, our guys are getting pushed back, and we're not firing off and staying with our blocks. Please give your thoughts on what you see our O-line struggling with......
An offensive line coach who didn’t coach with Tom Laundry. Seriously time. Two rookie linemen need time to develop.

offlimits

Reaction score
A quality RB would only need a crack to get into the secondary. We don't have one and Dowdle would be a 3rd back on most good teams. JMO.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A quality RB would only need a crack to get into the secondary. We don't have one and Dowdle would be a 3rd back on most good teams. JMO.
Are you saying theres actually a crack? Pssh
And screw that crack noise...how about a pancake 5 yards up yhe field. How bout this even...rb ridin coat tails up the field for a change.

Crack shmack.. niceshot at the rbs though.