What free agents are available this off-season?

mrla

A Passion for the Star
Reaction score
Anyone know what stud, huge NT's and ILB's are going to be free agents this year? We need both! Not to mention a SS too!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well it looks like Haynesworth is going to meet all 4 of the catagories, that he only needed to meet one of, in Tennessee to avoid them being able to tag him again this year so he'll be available.

I don't know how many would be interested in giving him the money they'd have to in order to get him but I'd think he would be a good fit as he's a big dude who demands attention. Though I don't guess he's quite the dump truck guy that people would want.

I don't even know that he could play NT cause I believe he plays a DT spot in Tennessee.

ILB's I don't know whose up for FA.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I am not against bringing in a guy like that for a small price tag to be a stop gap while you draft and develop some of the later round picks.

We could use some solid lb with speed for depth as well

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Shaun Cody could be a cheap realistic option. Marcus Tubbs is a Dallas nataive who I really like.

As far as LB, names like Karlos Dansby (concerns about him in a 3-4), Bart Scott from Baltimore and Channing Crowder from Miami all could draw some intrest and all are young players who are still growing.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2415450 said:
Shaun Cody could be a cheap realistic option. Marcus Tubbs is a Dallas nataive who I really like.

As far as LB, names like Karlos Dansby (concerns about him in a 3-4), Bart Scott from Baltimore and Channing Crowder from Miami all could draw some intrest and all are young players who are still growing.

No way Miami is letting Crowder walk the dude was the best lb on the team the few games I saw he was all over the place

If they do the kid would be an upgrade over any lb not named Ware

In reference to what we run out there on defense

This team needs to add about 2-3 lb with speed be it a mixture of young and old. I am not talking about Pro Bowlers I am talking about solid LB that will make a play here and there and get after it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Mysterio;2415448 said:
No capspace.

yeah we've only got a little over 6 million now, and when the cap total rises, like it does every year, we'll only have more than that.

But, no, of course not. We don't have any space.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Kangaroo;2415456 said:
No way Miami is letting Crowder walk the dude was the best lb on the team the few games I saw he was all over the place

If they do the kid would be an upgrade over any lb not named Ware

In reference to what we run out there on defense

This team needs to add about 2-3 lb with speed be it a mixture of young and old. I am not talking about Pro Bowlers I am talking about solid LB that will make a play here and there and get after it.

I agree that there is absolutely no way that Crowder is going to be getting out of Miami.

SDogo

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2415460 said:
I agree that there is absolutely no way that Crowder is going to be getting out of Miami.

Well he said FA's and technically as of now, he will be a FA. lol

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Jerry might be a tad gunshy next offseason if we do nothing this season after having put all that coin out last year and not gotten a good return on his investment.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
My top three of interest...

Jordan Gross LT/Carolina
Dawan Landry SS/Baltimore
JP Losman QB/Buffalo

Just to name a few .

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I doubt Dallas signs anybody with the salary that Haynesworth is going to command.

I suspect Dallas will look for cheap vets to fill some needs. They have some cap space for next season, but they also need to resign Demarcus Ware, and still have to consider the possibility that there could be a new agreement and a new cap after next year.

I would also think Jones hesitant to spend big $ after all he spent this past offseason, while getting so little to show for it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;2415651 said:

Jordan Gross LT/Carolina
JP Losman QB/Buffalo

Just to name a few .

I like Landry but I don't see us being able to snag him. There is NO WAY they pay big money for another FA LT after giving Flo the deal they gave him last year. It would be stupid to have that much money tied up in two guys at LT.

Losman is intriguing as a backup possibility. I wonder who else might be interested in him around here.

Double Trouble;2415680 said:
I doubt Dallas signs anybody with the salary that Haynesworth is going to command.

I suspect Dallas will look for cheap vets to fill some needs. They have some cap space for next season, but they also need to resign Demarcus Ware, and still have to consider the possibility that there could be a new agreement and a new cap after next year.

I would also think Jones hesitant to spend big $ after all he spent this past offseason, while getting so little to show for it.

Yes we have to get Ware resigned, no doubt, but this notion that Jerry is suddenly going to be hesitant and worry about the money he spends seems REALLY off to me. When has Jerry EVER worried like that? If there is a FA, or two, out there that he wants he's going to go get them. Worry won't factor into it.

Of course we'll no doubt see him wait until the initial wave of crazy spending is done, like he did last year, in order to try and get some guys a bit cheaper.

SDogo

Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;2415651 said:

Jordan Gross LT/Carolina
JP Losman QB/Buffalo

Just to name a few .

Losman would be a real nice option and a bit of a hoot considering the history that landed him in Buffalo in the 1st place.

MONT17

Reaction score
Ware will sign the Biggest Deal in NFL History! And he deserves every penny! Awesome Player and even a better person!