What godfather offer can pry Adams away from NY?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
All the rumblings out there is the Jets want to keep Jamal Adams, but will listen to offers. The Cowboys reportedly called them last year and offered a 1st rd pick and Anthony Brown, where the Jets wanted a 1st rd pick, a 2nd rounder and either Tyron Smith or Zach Martin. What would be your package?

This probably wouldn't be enough:

#1, Jaylon Smith, Xavier Woods and Jourdin Lewis

You would almost have to send them back a quality starter who they can control for a few seasons

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the rumblings out there is the Jets want to keep Jamal Adams, but will listen to offers. The Cowboys reportedly called them last year and offered a 1st rd pick and Anthony Brown, where the Jets wanted a 1st rd pick, a 2nd rounder and either Tyron Smith or Zach Martin. What would be your package?

You would almost have to send them back a quality starter who they can control for a few seasons

Then I wouldn't.

My offer is a 1st and 3rd round pick - today. If I don't have him by the time my training camp starts, his value to me decreases, therefore so does my offer.

John813

Reaction score
Rather not overpay a godfather type offer for Adams. 1st/3rd max. Then hope Adams pouts and makes a scene to get out to Dallas

Jipper

Reaction score
you guys saying give a 1st are just not thinking through the salary cap implications....we already gave up the benefit of a 1st on amari so we dont have the benefit of that rookie contract on a starter and to do it again is just going to make things harder.

This isnt madden, you just cant throw 1sts around with no implications...is the guy worth a 1st, sure, is he worth a 1st to our team with our current cap situation, no.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
you guys saying give a 1st are just not thinking through the salary cap implications....we already gave up the benefit of a 1st on amari so we dont have the benefit of that rookie contract on a starter and to do it again is just going to make things harder.

This isnt madden, you just cant throw 1sts around with no implications...is the guy worth a 1st, sure, is he worth a 1st to our team with our current cap situation, no.

You misspelled the last word. It’s spelled yes.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I would do 1st and 3rd now. If they would delay the 3rd until 2022, they could also have their choice of Connor Williams or Jordan Lewis. I don’t like giving up picks but Adams is the type of player we need at a position of even greater need. He is from Dallas and wants to be a Cowboys. It’s a match made in heaven and I’d go for it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
My offer is a 1st and 3rd round pick - today. If I don't have him by the time my training camp starts, his value to me decreases, therefore so does my offer.

What's their incentive to accept a draft-picks only deal in June? They can get that during the season, after the season - it does nothing to help them now.

The time to do that was before the draft.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Adams isn't worth all that, especially if he then has to get a big contract.

This has gotten worse than the Earl Thomas circus.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that Dak is signed. What is the official cap room Dallas now has?
Could they trade for Adams and extend his contract, as well sign the rookies. and still have a decent amount of cap space left.

And do not include cutting Crawford as a possibility, as that will not happen. Not until TC and the final roster cuts.
And no Gallup or any other good player, especially a starter will not get traded either. Weaken one position to improve another. That is just insane.

This (salary cap amount) will be or could very well be, a huge determining factor in any trade scenarios.