What godfather offer can pry Adams away from NY?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THERES Peyton Manning, Russel Wilson I believe after he was drafted took the TEAM to the SB. Drew Brees in NO after they got him it wasnt long before they won the SB. Without these guys I mentioned, they dont win it all. Conversely, name me a safety that elevated his new team to a SB . maybe back in the day safety was hugely important, but not now. Its important, but not one of those things were you have to pay a kings ransom for a guy.
Looking at Jerry’s trade history- he apparently believes WRs are the key to winning a SB, lol. And I’m only kidding a little bit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's their incentive to accept a draft-picks only deal in June? They can get that during the season, after the season - it does nothing to help them now.

The time to do that was before the draft.

Their incentive would be to gain draft equity while trading away a player they don’t intend to keep.

Their asking price drops the closer the player gets to free agency when teams can sign him for no compensation.

renny

Reaction score
Then I wouldn't.

My offer is a 1st and 3rd round pick - today. If I don't have him by the time my training camp starts, his value to me decreases, therefore so does my offer.
I would offer a 1st and 5th 2021 and a 3rd in 2022.

Creeper

Reaction score
Considering we have no idea what this season will look like, offering a 1st round pick is very risky. What if the NFL season is shortened to 6 games or something like that and the Cowboys start slow finishing with a 2-4 record? That first round pick becomes pretty valuable. I would not offer the Jets any more than a 1st round pick in 2021. Its not like safeties are drafted high in the 1st round anyway. That fact is Adams is a good player at a position that does not have as much value in the draft as other positions. I assume in a regular season the Cowboys will be drafting no higher than 17 again. But to me that is high enough for a safety, probably higher than the Cowboys would use to draft a safety. So why offer more than that for Adams? I am not convinced Adams is as great in pass coverage as his reputation implies. Maybe I wrong about that.

Eastex

Reaction score
Offer them a 1st round and a 5th round pick and their choice of either Xavier Wood or Ha-Ha- Clinton Dix to replace Adams on their defense.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
All the rumblings out there is the Jets want to keep Jamal Adams, but will listen to offers. The Cowboys reportedly called them last year and offered a 1st rd pick and Anthony Brown, where the Jets wanted a 1st rd pick, a 2nd rounder and either Tyron Smith or Zach Martin. What would be your package?

This probably wouldn't be enough:

#1, Jaylon Smith, Xavier Woods and Jourdin Lewis

You would almost have to send them back a quality starter who they can control for a few seasons
Simple...no offer

GenoT

Reaction score
All the rumblings out there is the Jets want to keep Jamal Adams, but will listen to offers. The Cowboys reportedly called them last year and offered a 1st rd pick and Anthony Brown, where the Jets wanted a 1st rd pick, a 2nd rounder and either Tyron Smith or Zach Martin. What would be your package?

You would almost have to send them back a quality starter who they can control for a few seasons
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
2021 1st
2022 conditional pick (2nd, 3rd, or 4th) depends on him re-signing, All-Pro honors, etc.
Jets choice of Anthony Brown or Jourdan Lewis
Jets choice of Connor Williams or Connor McGovern

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Why jump through hoops to give the team cancer? Jamal Adams is a trouble maker in the locker room. He's a loudmouth that wants all the attention and has never been about being a part of a team. Stop trying to figure out how we can get this malignancy on the roster.

He's the Jet's problem. Let them have it.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Nothing to be honest. Adams is good player but no Earl Thomas or Ed Reed. This team need a true center fielder not a LOS safety (Roy Williams). True he can make the D better but I don't see a huge margin. This team pass up on some safeties by drafting Hill and again with the Lamb pick. They still had chances with some FA's they didn't politically align with. At this point let it go. Too much capital to be burned for S that's not ET good.

tunahelper

Reaction score

I offer them nothing and let the malcontent stay in NYC and cause issues. We don't need him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They won't release him. LOL.
Would be the only way I would want him. I think that we need to keep our draft picks. Especially high round picks. It gives us a better chance to stay competitive and have options. Last draft was really good. As long as these players can translate to the NFL.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree with you about safety but you’re joking about Peyton and the Broncos, right? Please tell me you are.
IF they don't get Manning, they do not appear in those 2 SB's. Not even close. QB is the one premium position at all levels of FB that matter most. YES they brought in some nice pieces around him, but make no mistake, he was the straw that stirred the drink. HE WAS THAT final piece..it began and ended with him. What happened after he retired? DENVER has been a hot mess. SAFETY, we can agree..doesn't have the same affect ON THE OUTCOMES OF GAMES. Its important, but not worth trading away the farm for a guy that wants top dollar. I rather see how our guys compete in camp.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

paying a 1st, 2nd and martin...that was nuts...no player outside of a QB or dominant RDE is worth that....

I hate the idea of giving up 1st, smith, woods and lewis...you just created two more holes on the defense.

he is not the difference between us and a superbowl appearance...the defense has way more holes than Lewis...

I would not pay any more than a 1st and 5th or 4th.....in this day and age of trades....

hate that trade scenario you put on the table.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
None of those. Gallup is a luxury and will want 15 million at least in two years.

Gallup is the obvious trade piece. Our offense probably wouldn’t miss a beat.
then you keep gallup, who is younger, and cut cooper who is getting older....