What godfather offer can pry Adams away from NY?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There should be no reason that CD needs to replace Gallup production,, would love to see three 1000 yd receivers on this team.
Everyone would be happy.

I would love to see it too. It would be a milestone. But having those 3 guys is overkill. And I think we can both agree that there is no way that the Cowboys should or are going to pay Gallup big money and keep Cooper in two years.

So if you could trade Gallup and a 2nd day draft pick and get Adams to fill the weakest position on the team and bolster the defense, I do it in a heartbeat.

This is ACTUALLY the beauty of BPA.

Reactions: CWR

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you mean Quincy toked..........:thumbup: Either way like elections you have to pick an option.....we had Quincy, Henson, Hucthinson as possible QB1

In hindsight, in those legendary battles (where is @Hostile - we had some twisters back then), I actually got banned back then:lmao2:

We are all grown now, highly likely we ALL agree on a lot more than QB1[/QUOTE]

I was in the ABC club as I am sure you remember.

Qcard

Reaction score
I was in the ABC club as I am sure you remember.
vaguely...it was long time ago but your posting style reeks of experience and wisdom. If there was ever Forum Hall Of Fame for the Dallas Cowboys..........Cowboyszone would need it's own Wing Salute!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I am all for 3 quality WR's if we don't have them on the roster, then go get them.

You don't need 3 guys getting over1000 yards. Lamb and Cooper would still be the best 1-2 punch in the NFL. Smith or another veteran would fill in just nicely as the #3 WR.

Adams and Ha ha would turn our weakest link on the team into a strength.

And no doubt another small trade could be made for another receiver if need be. Not a big deal at all.

Having three difference making receivers alters how teams have to defend the Cowboys, there are going to be great match-ups to exploit, along with opening up the running game. Adams as good as he is, doesn't have that same affect.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Having three difference making receivers alters how teams have to defend the Cowboys, there are going to be great match-ups to exploit, along with opening up the running game. Adams as good as he is, doesn't have that same affect.

Pah……...nonsense. What this team needs is defense and especially a great safety in the secondary. They don't need another great receiver next to the best duo in the NFL.

Any number of WR's could play that 3rd WR position and we would be fine. IN fact...……….Devin Smith could excel at it in my opinion.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
you guys saying give a 1st are just not thinking through the salary cap implications....we already gave up the benefit of a 1st on amari so we dont have the benefit of that rookie contract on a starter and to do it again is just going to make things harder.

This isnt madden, you just cant throw 1sts around with no implications...is the guy worth a 1st, sure, is he worth a 1st to our team with our current cap situation, no.
Disagree.
He is worth a 1st to us because our 1st projects to a pick in the mid to late 20s.
But NYJ also see what our "power ranking" is and will factor in that the 1st is a soft one.
Adams helps you win games thus making the pick worse.

NYJ can wish in one hand and hope in the other... Adams is very very unhappy and they are now selling under duress.
They should have taken the 1 and 3 last year.
They'd have CeeDee Lamb now.

I'd offer them a 1st and a likely non-starter here who would start or be more impactful there. Possibles in a list might be: Connor Williams, Joe Looney, Jourdan Lewis, Tony Pollard, Trystan Hill, Chido or X Woods(whichever team deems expendable)
If they rebuke that I'd be willing to add a 4th or 5th given my comp pick stash.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We had 3 good WRs last year and lost to Adams and the Jets.
WRs are nice but you need guys to block and throw them the ball and then a defense to get some stops.

CeeDee is undoubtedly better than Cobb and Amari should be healthier so this may the kind of 3 headed monster teams can;t handle at all but every team whose own a SN has built a respectable defense. KC spent a lot of money on our ex-LB and signed Honey Badger. They weren't great but pretty salty when pared with the best QB and WR corps in football.

Gallup is rising massively with experience so I would be VERY hesitant to trade him but I'd flip a lot of things for Adams to address a position we can't appear to draft and piece together yearly to our detriment.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We had 3 good WRs last year and lost to Adams and the Jets.
WRs are nice but you need guys to block and throw them the ball and then a defense to get some stops.

CeeDee is undoubtedly better than Cobb and Amari should be healthier so this may the kind of 3 headed monster teams can;t handle at all but every team whose own a SN has built a respectable defense. KC spent a lot of money on our ex-LB and signed Honey Badger. They weren't great but pretty salty when pared with the best QB and WR corps in football.

Gallup is rising massively with experience so I would be VERY hesitant to trade him but I'd flip a lot of things for Adams to address a position we can't appear to draft and piece together yearly to our detriment.

Having a very good WR effects the game much more then a strong safety does, know matter how good he is. No doubt the team needs to start adding premium resources to the defensive unit, it doesn't have to be market setting players, but quality starters.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Pah……...nonsense. What this team needs is defense and especially a great safety in the secondary. They don't need another great receiver next to the best duo in the NFL.

Any number of WR's could play that 3rd WR position and we would be fine. IN fact...……….Devin Smith could excel at it in my opinion.

We don't even know how good our CB's will be this year, adding Adams helps, but the defense isn't just 1 player away. Makes zero sense to hurt the offense as they are going to have to carry this team.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Having a very good WR effects the game much more then a strong safety does, know matter how good he is. No doubt the team needs to start adding premium resources to the defensive unit, it doesn't have to be market setting players, but quality starters.
100% accurate.
And I'd never part with Amari or CeeDee and I'd be VERY relucetant to part with Gallup.

.. but Dallas can draft good WRs every year in the draft and shown ZERO ability to draft a safety to save their lives.

At some point that has to factor in.

Because colleges are running 4 guys out every play at WR we are seeing more WRs than can be drafted.
Safeties that can actually play are pretty rare.
Basically looking at Bama/LSU/Clemson and OSU or taking a gamble because other colleges scheme to protect them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We don't even know how good our CB's will be this year, adding Adams helps, but the defense isn't just 1 player away. Makes zero sense to hurt the offense as they are going to have to carry this team.

So you are admitting the defense needs lots of help, yet marginalize how much the best SS in the NFL will help it?

Offense will already be better with Lamb, MM, more Pollard, more Jarwin, no Garrett. Lamb is better than Gallup. Wont miss a beat.

If we were to get Adams, this is what you have added in one offseason to the defense through either injury return, draft, trade, or FA:

Poe, McCoy, Gallimore, Crawford, Aldon Smith, Randy Gregory, Anea, LVE, Adams, Ha ha Clint Dixon, Trevon Diggs.

Not to mention a new aggressive blitzing scheme with new coaching.

That is absolutely incredible. The defense would literally have a shot to be a top 5 unit this year.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
100% accurate.
And I'd never part with Amari or CeeDee and I'd be VERY relucetant to part with Gallup.

.. but Dallas can draft good WRs every year in the draft and shown ZERO ability to draft a safety to save their lives.

At some point that has to factor in.

Because colleges are running 4 guys out every play at WR we are seeing more WRs than can be drafted.
Safeties that can actually play are pretty rare.
Basically looking at Bama/LSU/Clemson and OSU or taking a gamble because other colleges scheme to protect them.

In this modern age of the NFL in which all the rules favor the offense, you better have a high potent offense to compete. Defenses are going to give up points, the better defenses around the league today are the ones who can generate consistent turnovers and impact plays. There is no doubt Jamal Adams is an impact player, but we need way more then him. Outside of Lawrence and maybe a healthy Lve, this defense lacks any high level starters.You cannot keep on paying stars, cap funds will dry up quickly. Team has to make it a priority to draft and develop, quality defensive players across the board.

The front office has placed little regard to the safety position just like NT. Outside of Bryon, who was more of a corner, the last time they drafted a high rated safety was Roy Williams. We have seen the new staff try to add a legitimate NT in Poe, let's hope they start to do the same at the safety position. Their focus was more about addressing corner this off-season, especially losing Bryon Jones to fa and several players playing on the last years of their contracts.

glimmerman

Reaction score
There is no drop-off. WE replace Gallup with Lamb. Its actually a big upgrade.

The guy you are actually replacing is Cobb in that scenario. 800 yards and 3 TD's is no problem.

Lamb could replace Gallups 6 TD's and Cobbs 3 all by himself. Veteran WR or Smith could replace the rest.

wouldn't be worried about it at all.

LOL...……...are you saying that going from Woods to Adams isn't a big upgrade? That's about as big an upgrade as you can get. Would turn our weakest link, the secondary into a possible strength. I would turn our weakest position, safety into a strength.

We can now go into next season and use that first round pick on something else other safety.

It would be a complete no brainer. Our WR position would be better than last year with Lamb and Cooper. Still the best 1-2 WR punch in the NFL.
And Diggs will help at CB. We lost Jones. I hope your right about Lamb. He is gonna have some pressure on him to perform and rep 88...

Cowboyny

Reaction score
So you are admitting the defense needs lots of help, yet marginalize how much the best SS in the NFL will help it?

Offense will already be better with Lamb, MM, more Pollard, more Jarwin, no Garrett. Lamb is better than Gallup. Wont miss a beat.

If we were to get Adams, this is what you have added in one offseason to the defense through either injury return, draft, trade, or FA:

Poe, McCoy, Gallimore, Crawford, Aldon Smith, Randy Gregory, Anea, LVE, Adams, Ha ha Clint Dixon, Trevon Diggs.

Not to mention a new aggressive blitzing scheme with new coaching.

That is absolutely incredible. The defense would literally have a shot to be a top 5 unit this year.

-I think you are overrating the defense. There are a ton of question marks across the board. Has it improved, we did lose Bryon and Quinn? Scheme should help, but you are only as good as your talent. Adams would certainly make the defense better, but won't turn it into a top 5 defense alone. It makes no sense to downgrade your offense, when your defense still won't be good enough.

-We are in a similar junction when we took Zeke over Ramsey. Ramsey was an excellent defensive prospect, who could of played either CB or Safety, but he wasn't going to be enough to improve the defense right away. Zeke made more sense cause the team had the ability to dominate the football and kept their poor defense on the sidelines and fresh.Team went 13-3 with a rookie QB and very average defense. Unfortunately, this is how the team needs to play until the defense is ready.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And Diggs will help at CB. We lost Jones. I hope your right about Lamb. He is gonna have some pressure on him to perform and rep 88...

Better than Cooper. Best WR we have no question about it. Better hands, better YAC and better acrobatic catches. Cooper has him on route running and straight line speed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
-I think you are overrating the defense. There are a ton of question marks across the board. Has it improved, we did lose Bryon and Quinn? Scheme should help, but you are only as good as your talent. Adams would certainly make the defense better, but won't turn it into a top 5 defense alone. It makes no sense to downgrade your offense, when your defense still won't be good enough.

-We are in a similar junction when we took Zeke over Ramsey. Ramsey was an excellent defensive prospect, who could of played either CB or Safety, but he wasn't going to be enough to improve the defense right away. Zeke made more sense cause the team had the ability to dominate the football and kept their poor defense on the sidelines and fresh.Team went 13-3 with a rookie QB and very average defense. Unfortunately, this is how the team needs to play until the defense is ready.

That rating was if Adams replaced Woods.

The ONLY real question marks for me are in the secondary with this current team. And It remains to be seen whether the RDE position is going to be good or great.

But yes, if Adams replaced Woods I definitely think the unit has a chance to be a top 5 defense.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Better than Cooper. Best WR we have no question about it. Better hands, better YAC and better acrobatic catches. Cooper has him on route running and straight line speed.
Stick them both on the same side.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Jets need a quarterback. Make it an even-steven trade w/Adams and be done with the headache.

Jerry would save a ton of money and Dalton would be iconic with all the talent surrounding him. Let Dak be miserable with the Jets. Touche'

CWR

Reaction score
I would love to see it too. It would be a milestone. But having those 3 guys is overkill. And I think we can both agree that there is no way that the Cowboys should or are going to pay Gallup big money and keep Cooper in two years.

So if you could trade Gallup and a 2nd day draft pick and get Adams to fill the weakest position on the team and bolster the defense, I do it in a heartbeat.

This is ACTUALLY the beauty of BPA.

We are spoiled with riches at the WR position. Looking at talent and from salary cap / position stand point Gallups value cant be that far off from Jamal Adams. You are right in that Gallup and a second day pick is a fair offer. The Jets should jump all over that. No one, and I repeat NO ONE is giving away multiple first rounders for a safety. The only way the Jets could dream of that is if they had a young Ed Reed or Polamalu back there.