What grade do you give Romo today?

pete026

Reaction score
He was a little of a homer. Far better than anyone out there. Voice actually has gotten better - might be he was a little more relaxed doing the Boys confidence wise. Really does hard work on the prep and it shows.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
A+ for romo all the way! He's so much more enjoyable than listening to buck and aikman!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he did really well, but there were a couple of times he seemed to being trying a little too hard, but that's to be expected being this was his first Cowboys game and one being watched by so many people. I can definitely see him growing into a Madden like personality over the years. Of course to do that he'll need to talk louder, starting drawing on the screen and learn the fine art of forward-reverse-forward-reverse-forward replay controls :)

In all seriousness though, it's hard to judge him because he's not even a year away from being on the Cowboys. No matter what he says about remaining objective, you know he still talks to some of the coaches and players on the team so I am sure he limited his criticisms as a result. When he gets a couple of years away from the team and the team changes more and more, I am sure he will be a little less attached and more likely to

Overall though I think he has been doing a good job to be his first year and to be thrown into the top team of announcers. Hopefully he'll avoid the temptation to return to football because he's been doing so well and receiving so many compliments and continue to grow in his new role.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
A-. I like him. I like how he effectively enters "coaching mode" out there every once in a while, telling the D they should do this, or the O they should do that.

kevm3

Reaction score
he did a great job. He sounds much more comfortable.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
A-... great insight. He really knows us inside and out obviously but it was great to hear him take the audience "behind the curtain." A little bit of a fail not recognizing that we had a time out before the half... Lol...

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
I enjoy his perspective. He truly has kid like enthusiasm with the knowledge of someone doing it for 30 years. Only noticeable mistake is when he thought Dallas didn't have any timeouts and was talking about having enough time to get the field goal unit on. But he nailed many calls and what the team's should run.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
He did well today. There were a few times where he could have buried a few players on the team for a screw up but didn't. When he eventually does ( & it will be deserving ), I fully expect everyone to hate on him like Troy & they'll be wrong for doing so.