What grade do you give Romo today?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
You know why he wasn't stellar? He could not tell the audience what play the Cowboys were going to run in this game. Can you imagine if he did?

River82

Reaction score
Was looking for some embarrassing locker room gossip. I did not get that gossip. C+ for me :p

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I thought Tony did great....he even got emotional showing he still loves this team and the team and fanbase love him.....Tony is a high character guy.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
No Cabo insight? No Jessica Simpson talk. Epic fail Romo.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo's pretty good. He doesn't have a natural broadcasting voice. He sounds like a guy used to talking football with his buddies than a guy who was trained to work in the field. This is not a bad thing. He's not a polished commentator and that's okay. What he lacks is some of the more technical things related to journalism, he makes up for in his knowledge of the game, his enthusiasm, and overall relatability to the common fan.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Solid A.

His perspective and insight is amazing and his ability to inform the viewers is just wonderful.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
B for me. Good job, but nothing spectacular. He was trying very hard to be unbiased...but he's obviously a bit biased and I'm glad.

Loved Romo.

Aikman is a better analyst, but we all know that he is extra critical of our Cowboys to avoid the appearance of bias.

Romo is more colloquial in how he describes the game - I think fans like his plain spokeness. And he’s an unabashed fan of the team. I love it.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Let me tell you about Romo. That opening shot just after they should the Thank You Tony video showed he loves this team. Not just a little. He still bleeds silver and blue. Made me miss him.

Then the game began and Dallas pretty much manhandled KC.

mrmojo

Reaction score
A+, he talked about the game, if you had never heard an NFL broadcast before you would have never known he played for the Boys.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
He did alright. A bit overzealous at times, like when he didn’t realize the Cowboys had a timeout left and he was detailing how they needed to run the kicker out for a FG attempt on their last possession before the half.