What grade would you give Kellen Moore?

BHendri5

Reaction score
What grade do you give him?
Last season I gave him barely a passing grade. Majority of people blamed Garrett, I knew better.” This season once again he’s barely passing, I’ve said it before he is a mini Scott Linehan. Garrett is too good of a coach and Jerry just handcuffed him for 10yrs. He cannot help himself he even put tie wraps on McCarthy making it seem like he’s given up full control he hasn’t and as long as he’s all in the locker room and seeing himself as the leader of the team we will have the same seasons we have had for 25yrs, insanity.

Anyway back to Moore I believe that Jerry forced him on McCarthy in order for MM to bring in his own staff. So MM has given this season as an audition for Moore, I am willing to bet MM will be calling the plays next season and those other holdovers that are on his staff was also Jerry’s doing I bet they will be somewhere else next season. If Jerry makes MM give up Nolan he should say can he replace all or a couple of those holdovers

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not sure what I’d give him as far as an actual grade goes. I’m not sure he’s been that bad overall though. This offense put up elite number before dak went down. I know there were a lot of variables that went into those numbers, but “barely passing” seems harsh given the output. That’s also with a patch job o line, and a running back that can’t hang on to the ball.

i certainly see areas this offense could improve, but I liked the early 2020 offense better than the 2019 version. B- maybe?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Last season I gave him barely a passing grade. Majority of people blamed Garrett, I knew better.” This season once again he’s barely passing, I’ve said it before he is a mini Scott Linehan. Garrett is too good of a coach and Jerry just handcuffed him for 10yrs. He cannot help himself he even put tie wraps on McCarthy making it seem like he’s given up full control he hasn’t and as long as he’s all in the locker room and seeing himself as the leader of the team we will have the same seasons we have had for 25yrs, insanity.

Anyway back to Moore I believe that Jerry forced him on McCarthy in order for MM to bring in his own staff. So MM has given this season as an audition for Moore, I am willing to bet MM will be calling the plays next season and those other holdovers that are on his staff was also Jerry’s doing I bet they will be somewhere else next season. If Jerry makes MM give up Nolan he should say can he replace all or a couple of those holdovers

Incomplete, but we may need him to QB us if we keep burning through QBs.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

C-
It's subjective, harbor lad.
What is not subjective is our lousy results this season, your excuses notwithstanding.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Not sure what I’d give him as far as an actual grade goes. I’m not sure he’s been that bad overall though. This offense put up elite number before dak went down. I know there were a lot of variables that went into those numbers, but “barely passing” seems harsh given the output. That’s also with a patch job o line, and a running back that can’t hang on to the ball.

i certainly see areas this offense could improve, but I liked the early 2020 offense better than the 2019 version. B- maybe?

The reason I give him a barely passing grade: The way he call plays in the beginning of games, it took us to fall behind by double digits every game before he would call aggressively, that’s why I grade him so lowly. And against Philly man those reverses was making my head spin WTH! First off I don’t understand why they trotted Dinucci out there at all he should be playing flag football are you kidding me!

cristglo

Reaction score
Hard to judge a team when your QB goes down. Before Dak got on IR we were what #1 in Offense. So he did a heck of a job. Then went to Andy with just about all the starting OL on IR HMMMMM. He has had to change up his game plan from Andy to Ben and now to the next QB. Think its really hard to give him any kind of grade He hasnt done bad with what he has had to work with since Dak got hurt.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
F-- Not only should he be fired immediately. He should give back every dime he has been paid this season.

SSoup

Reaction score
He passed hilariously often before he lost the only good QB on the team. In the four full games he played this year, Dak threw 201 passes for 1690 yards. At that pace, in a 16 game schedule, he'd have thrown 804 passes for 6760 yards.

Your complaint is our coordinator isn't pass-friendly enough?

This is patently insane.

Since the Giants game, our starting QBs have posted passer ratings of 65, 36, and 64 in their starts. In two of those games, their completion percentage was around or below 50%. In their shared 3+ games of playing time since Dak was carted away, Dalton and DiNucci have combined for a 1 TD and 3 INTs, they've taken 14 sacks, they've fumbled the ball 6 times (losing 3 of them, if I recall right), and they're both only averaging 5 yards per pass attempt (NFL-caliber quarterbacks should be in the high 6's at a bare minimum, but really they should be in the 7's), meaning they're so lousy they're making our passing game resemble the results you'd want from a running attack.

And you think the problem is Kellen Moore isn't dialing up more passing plays so we can multiply those bad outcomes? Yikes, man.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The reason I give him a barely passing grade: The way he call plays in the beginning of games, it took us to fall behind by double digits every game before he would call aggressively, that’s why I grade him so lowly. And against Philly man those reverses was making my head spin WTH! First off I don’t understand why they trotted Dinucci out there at all he should be playing flag football are you kidding me!
Are you taking into consideration how many times the offense turned the ball over early, and the defense (which isn't Moore's responsibility) let the other team score almost at will? Play calling has been so far from the biggest problem, that it couldn't see the biggest problem through the Hubble Space Telescope.