What Grade would you give McCarthy so far?

Big_D

Reaction score
A+ night and day better than the clapper. Already proved it without even playing a game. Took interior D line seriously for the first time in over a decade. That's all it really took in 2 months. On top of a great draft and a new found reason for hope. Add a couple more plus signs. It's already looking like the correct call.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’ll pass out grades when I see how we play.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Incomplete - No game actually played yet, but he has accomplished leadership by speaking about what he wants to see, and he has assisted in getting a good draft.
The grades will come when he has actively led the team through TC and the season. Big tests to come when he has to make personnel cuts, react to injuries, discipline players, make game adjustments, and keep the team focused after big wins and bad losses.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Since that blessed day, that the Clapping Carrot was fired/not re-signed whatever.

What grade would you give McCarthy since taking over, from the hiring of staff through FA and the draft?

Personally I give him an A

Coaching Staff: B
Free Agency: B-
Draft: A
Overall: B+

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
yeah i do, and so far its an incomplete grade, just like when you are in school and there isnt enough performance to give you a grade.

cant we just be happy we killed it in the draft? Why do we have to focus so much on assigning grades...hes clearly better than garret, we did much better in the draft than last year, there is a lot of hope and optimism and its a great time to be a cowboys fan!

Meaning...…….what he has done so far. Which means:

-not bringing back certain coaches
-retaining other coaches
-picking his current coaches
-Which players NOT to retain
-Which players to target and sign in FA and which positions to prioritize
-The draft

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well after JG, on a scale of 10, I would give him a 20!

But really, he has done good, in all phases so far.
I think he is the best HC dallas has had since Jimmy, Parcells was too old and burnt out.

GB was always in the playoffs, and always looked prepared and like a competent organized team
under MM, so I think we will like what we see when the season starts.

I expect to see a team that is prepared, and organized, and competent.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Given that current stats say there is a sharp rise in drug use, alcohol consumption and spouse abuse since the virus arrived..

I say Big Mike is doing fine.

He is hiding in the bunker called the Star.

Big Mike just emailed me and asked me if I believed in UFOs?

I said "Take me to your leader"

He replied.."which one, Will Clay or Stephen?"

I didn't reply yet.

He's doing fine it looks like.

:laugh:
He could have just beamed you up.

Big_D

Reaction score
Well after JG, on a scale of 10, I would give him a 20!

But really, he has done good, in all phases so far.
I think he is the best HC dallas has had since Jimmy, Parcells was too old and burnt out.

GB was always in the playoffs, and always looked prepared and like a competent organized team
under MM, so I think we will like what we see when the season starts.

I expect to see a team that is prepared, and organized, and competent.

On a scale of 1 to 10 after JG it's about a thousand!! Garrett had no business here. Screwed this team royally for a decade.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I for incomplete.

Until seasons results begin coming in there’s nothing to grade him on. Ultimately he will be graded like the rest of our Cowboys coaching. Results in January.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I, incomplete. I am not crazy about his hire at DC, the problem on the team besides ST and he made a good hire there.

McC at this time is like Booger saw Aikman, he looks good in the shower.
I have a hunch Troy looked much better in the shower. Lol

Big_D

Reaction score
That A+ definitely drops to an F if he goes 8-8 the next 10 years!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
On a scale of 1 to 10 after JG it's about a thousand!! Garrett had no business here. Screwed this team royally for a decade.
I do blame Jason for not taking the Falcon or Ravens HC job. What the hell was he thinking?

Why would any HC want this job unless no one else would hire him?

Big_D

Reaction score
I do blame Jason for not taking the Falcon or Ravens HC job. What the hell was he thinking?

Why would any HC want this job unless no one else would hire him?

I wish he did too. Wish he was never here to begin with. That doesn't really help the matter. There's no magic pill to make the crap disappear.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I give him an A at this point. He’s done everything opposite of what the previous regime did. Focused on weak points like the interior DL, some solid DBs, emphasis on turnovers, and importantly, saying players over scheme.

He’s what we wanted in a coach for years. How they’ll do on the field is a different story. I’m quite confident it’ll be successful though.
He better be successful. Who cares if we have a better Resumed HC if the results aren’t any better?

I can hear it now. Yea, we still suk but at least our coach doesn’t. Lol

kumizi

Reaction score
He hasn't even coached a single practice. Some of you need psychiatric help.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wish he did too. Wish he was never here to begin with. That doesn't really help the matter. There's no magic pill to make the crap disappear.
The bigger point is our frustrations or Target always rest in the wrong place.

Jerry has wasted an entire generation. Garrett was only part of that.

We haven’t dug out the root of the weed yet.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winning seasons, playoff successes, and a Super Bowl victory or two will certainly ease the pain!