What ground does the fandom stand?

Jipper

Reaction score
My fandom is drunk during the games, only way it can stomach them

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Honest question?

1. Old fans like us...Have been through the glory days and are still hanging on barely by a thread.

2. State/Team Fans that are ok,or tired of being beat up with the whole thing.

3. New fans that just don't get all the hoopla.

4. Ride or die fans that nothing else matters.

5. Other...what's the hook?

I don't which number you want to put this under. I've been a fan since the very first day the Cowboys came into the league and will be until my last breath and even at that my ghost will still be a Cowboys fan.

jsb357

Reaction score

To be honest if the product is Dallas was performing at a consistently high rate
I would be more in tune with the NFL to evaluate upcoming opponents.

At the current rate, what's the point?

That being said, I will NEVER* claim to to a fan of a team other than Dallas.

note the asterisk... If I win the lotto and buy a franchise that may change

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Honest question?

1. Old fans like us...Have been through the glory days and are still hanging on barely by a thread.

2. State/Team Fans that are ok,or tired of being beat up with the whole thing.

3. New fans that just don't get all the hoopla.

4. Ride or die fans that nothing else matters.

5. Other...what's the hook?

I got you brother man. Sometimes when I play this song on acoustic at a gig, this song reminds about us Cowboy fans.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Current Cowboys fans who were around to witness the last super bowl win....

source.gif

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm a fan that is sick and tired of the nfl product. I can't bet that today's product is considered football. I feel sorry for new fans that are growing up with this garbage product. I love my Cowboys but no longer care if I watch the games or not. I'll watch the highlights of the game isn't on locally and I'm fine with that.

Don't pity them, they don't know any better. We're the one's that can see the difference. I'm reminded of it every time I load up a game from the 80s or 90s.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

To be honest if the product is Dallas was performing at a consistently high rate
I would be more in tune with the NFL to evaluate upcoming opponents.

At the current rate, what's the point?

That being said, I will NEVER* claim to to a fan of a team other than Dallas.

note the asterisk... If I win the lotto and buy a franchise that may change

Since none of the winning jackpots for any lottery hasn't even been 1 billion dollars and right now the cheapest team to buy is over 2 billion don't go holding your breath that winning the lottery will get you an NFL team. Besides losing half of your winnings to taxes.

ICP

Reaction score
What bothers me is losing has become ingrained in this fan base.

We've gotten to where we accept mediocrity and cheer for certain players while acting like we still care about doing what it takes to win a championship.
This is it in a nutshell. I have a good friend that supports Jerry's Clown show no matter what thy do. If I critique the ownership/coaching staff he defends them and says 'the players gotta make the plays' then if I criticise the players he defends them. Guy is blinded by his love for the team and fails to realize things used to be far different.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
I have been a Cowboys fan for 40 years, ride or Die BUT this losing and stupid FO choices is chewing away at it. 10 years ago I watched every second of every game. I didnt even watch the Cincy game last week.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I have been a Cowboys fan for 40 years, ride or Die BUT this losing and stupid FO choices is chewing away at it. 10 years ago I watched every second of every game. I didnt even watch the Cincy game last week.
I know this is not going to be the popular answer but, I liked the flex game. I hate waiting all day to watch night games on the East coast. We are up between 4:00-4:30 every morning. Can watch them all the way through. That being said, I watched every sec of the last game. Even watch the "Red Riffle" I love you to the little wife. lol:grin::muttley:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s no choice involved. They are my local team. It’s like your Alma Mater. For better or worse.

Fans who abandon their local or regional teams cause they suk or other teams are more attractive are basically wagon or casual fans. Which is fine for them but not a fan I’m interested in.
Oh my. You just said something that hits home.

We have all kinds of talk about fandom. Who is a good fan who isn't.
"Not the kind of fan I am interested in"....says it all right there. Imma use that instead of "rating". :thumbup:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
When the Cowboys are good the world just seems right.

I was around 10 last time we played in a Super Bowl. Great times.
My last son was 6 months old the last time Dallas was in a super Bowl. He is married and I'm a Grand Pop now. Good things come to those that wait?

Hardline

Reaction score
I've gotten more concerned with aging parents and fear for the future of my country to care about the Cowboys

RD21

Reaction score
By the time I was 25yrs old, we had won 5 super bowls, & played in 8. While, I was alive, & probably watching (between sleeping, & crapping my cloth diapers), I only remember the last 5. I very distinctly remember losing to the Steelers. Have hated them ever since.

I feel very fortunate to have grown up watching 70's football. The 70's & 80's were such a different generation of football. Winning aside, it was just different than today. More grit. I miss it. Now, don't get me wrong, the 90's were awesome but, the game had started to change noticeably then. Little did I (or most of us), realize how far it would evolve. Today's game just isn't as exciting as yesteryear, at least not for me.

I'm a fanatic. I've played, coached, & been a fan my whole life, & always will be. Although I'd be lying if I didn't admit, I don't get "up" for games today, like I used to. Part of that is the fact that we suck, & part of it is, what the NFL has become.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point I hope I get to see one Super Bowl win in my lifetime, or an appearance at the very least.
I wish that for you too my friend. And for every young Cowboys fan.

As an old time fan, I grew up watching the Cowboys play in 5 of the first 13 Super Bowls. They won 20 playoff games in 17 seasons. Those years were the most fun I’ve ever had watching sports. To go 25 years without even winning a divisional playoff game is pathetic.

Especially when you realize this an era where 12-14 teams made the playoffs, and yet we have still only made the playoffs 7 of the last 21 seasons. It’s hard to win playoff games when you only qualify for the playoffs 33% of the time.