What ground does the fandom stand?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I still enjoy watching football as it’s one of my greatest passions. It’s just more fun when your team is having success.

Golf is also a passion and I can assure you I enjoy much more when I’m having a great round as opposed to a bad one.

Success is always more enjoyable. The pursuit or journey can be rewarding as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboy fans of old have been very spoiled to tremendous success going to 8 of the first 30 Super Bowls while reaching 16 championship games in our 1st 35 years.

Apparently we expected that level of success to continue. But that’s the thing, you never know and it’s not to be taken for granted.

The current leadership makes it extremely difficult for that level of success and until that changes I’d argue the bar has been lowered. It is what it is. We should lower our expectations because this isn’t the same franchise many of us grew up with.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I'm a combination of 1 and 4. I was a fan of this team before I was a fan of any of my other sports teams.

jnday

Reaction score
Cowboy fans of old have been very spoiled to tremendous success going to 8 of the first 30 Super Bowls while reaching 16 championship games in our 1st 35 years.

Apparently we expected that level of success to continue. But that’s the thing, you never know and it’s not to be taken for granted.

The current leadership makes it extremely difficult for that level of success and until that changes I’d argue the bar has been lowered. It is what it is. We should lower our expectations because this isn’t the same franchise many of us grew up with.
We have high standards which is a good thing. The younger fans look to make excuses for the Dallas failures by comparing the Cowboys to other teams, but being the Cowboys brings with it a totally different set of expectations, or at least it used to.

GMO415

Reaction score
OG Fan of 50 years. I'm happy with Cowboy wins. After 25 years of mediocrity, I don't even consider the post season.

Football has taken a back seat to life and family. Getting emotionally attached to Dallas is a waste of calories.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I took a beating defending the Cowboys for years. i stepped back to review whats it about.
I took a break for around a year without posting but i did read the comments.
NFL is for entertainment purposes it is no longer plasma for me. I've watched them since 66.
it's a new era a new generation. I dont spend money on em and havent for a long time.
It changed for me in free agency but I adapted its changed again I have adapted.
I just dont need the IV anymore.

RD21

Reaction score
I wish that for you too my friend. And for every young Cowboys fan.

As an old time fan, I grew up watching the Cowboys play in 5 of the first 13 Super Bowls. They won 20 playoff games in 17 seasons. Those years were the most fun I’ve ever had watching sports. To go 25 years without even winning a divisional playoff game is pathetic.

Especially when you realize this an era where 12-14 teams made the playoffs, and yet we have still only made the playoffs 7 of the last 21 seasons. It’s hard to win playoff games when you only qualify for the playoffs 33% of the time.
I have 3 adult sons (27,24,21). All are Cowboys fans. Only my oldest was alive the last time we won a Super Bowl. He obviously doesn't remember. My biggest desire as a fan, is for them to experience a Super Bowl win, & what it is like, to be a Cowboys fan when we are dominating the league.

In some ways, they are more die hard than folks from our generation/s, & earlier. They are supporting a team that has NEVER given them anything to be proud of. They've experienced nothing but disappointment, year after year. We will always have the satisfaction of knowing how winning feels, even if it is becoming a distant memory. I salute the young die hards, & empathize with them at the same time.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have 3 adult sons (27,24,21). All are Cowboys fans. Only my oldest was alive the last time we won a Super Bowl. He obviously doesn't remember. My biggest desire as a fan, is for them to experience a Super Bowl win, & what it is like, to be a Cowboys fan when we are dominating the league.

In some ways, they are more die hard than folks from our generation/s, & earlier. They are supporting a team that has NEVER given them anything to be proud of. They've experienced nothing but disappointment, year after year. We will always have the satisfaction of knowing how winning feels, even if it is becoming a distant memory. I salute the young die hards, & empathize with them at the same time.
Well said.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have high standards which is a good thing. The younger fans look to make excuses for the Dallas failures by comparing the Cowboys to other teams, but being the Cowboys brings with it a totally different set of expectations, or at least it used to.
I’d argue it used to. Our current ownership has lowered the bar.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Well said!

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
I know this is not going to be the popular answer but, I liked the flex game. I hate waiting all day to watch night games on the East coast. We are up between 4:00-4:30 every morning. Can watch them all the way through. That being said, I watched every sec of the last game. Even watch the "Red Riffle" I love you to the little wife. lol:grin::muttley:
Oh and btw my daughter is named Dallas lol

starfan1

Reaction score
There’s no choice involved. They are my local team. It’s like your Alma Mater. For better or worse.

Fans who abandon their local or regional teams cause they suk or other teams are more attractive are basically wagon or casual fans. Which is fine for them but not a fan I’m interested in.
I've been a Dallas fan for as long as I can remember. when I lived in Illinois I got a lot of flack for hating the bears or Rams (when they were St. Louis based). Now that Im in DFW area its great getting them on TV every weekend. Even when they suck!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
A fan for life.
But I am suffering for 25 years.
Enough is enough. I need a respite.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's embarrassing...a blue blood NFL franchise in a major US market should never be on this type of drought for team success. If it weren't for Jimmy, we wouldn't even have those 90s memories to hang onto. We could easily be the Lions or Browns right now under Jerry for the last 30 years.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Honest question?

1. Old fans like us...Have been through the glory days and are still hanging on barely by a thread.

2. State/Team Fans that are ok,or tired of being beat up with the whole thing.

3. New fans that just don't get all the hoopla.

4. Ride or die fans that nothing else matters.

5. Other...what's the hook?

fan since the 2nd Super Bowl vs the Steelers.

The Catch killed me as a kid.

i remember when Landry was fired.

lots of memories.