What happened to TO's run after the catch ability

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
If Ware and Romo can catch so much heat, let's put the microscope on some other sacred cows...

Can anyone remember the last time TO broke a long run after the catch on a short completion? That used to be his bread and butter. That's how he used to put up outrageous numbers even when he was double covered. How many times are we going to have to watch TO be brought down by another ankle tackle before it's time to say maybe age is catching up to him?

Ben Roflsberger

Reaction score
uh the begals game last week!

was this a trivia question. what do i win?

whose throwing heat in wares direction. i'll kick their ***!

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
thats the stuff i just talked about...

people banging TO...Quit it...

enough is enough

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Going into this game T.O.s average YAC was 5.7 yards.

That's pretty average. I think Greg Jennings was leading in average YAC going into this week with around 7.3. Steve Smith was at 6.5.

rikolai

Reaction score
This point I don't get.I was just thinking the last time I saw his TD last week about how many other receivers would have scored on that play.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2332686 said:
If Ware and Romo can catch so much heat, let's put the microscope on some other sacred cows...

Can anyone remember the last time TO broke a long run after the catch on a short completion? That used to be his bread and butter. That's how he used to put up outrageous numbers even when he was double covered. How many times are we going to have to watch TO be brought down by another ankle tackle before it's time to say maybe age is catching up to him?

Last week against the Bengals, caught a slant and took it to the house from midfeild.

Did you not watch the game last week???

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
masomenos85;2332735 said:
Going into this game T.O.s average YAC was 5.7 yards.

That's pretty average. I think Greg Jennings was leading in average YAC going into this week with around 7.3. Steve Smith was at 6.5.

to be fair Jennings lead the league in YPC last season also he's a freak when it comes to those types of things.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2332766 said:
Last week against the Bengals, caught a slant and took it to the house from midfeild.

Did you not watch the game last week???
I was thinking the same thing.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2332686 said:

***? Are you stupid? Did you not watch last weeks game?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
this thread highlights how absurdity cowboy fans can be as they reach and grasp and ignore the obvious.

PS - TO is the least of the cowboys problems. 4 of our coaches are much, much more of a problem and of course the owner.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
How is he suppose to run after the catch when teams are completely ignoring the other side of the field and focused on taking him away. Until Austin or Crayton step up and start making some plays this offense is going to continue to struggle.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
In all seriousness, did you not see that play?

The CB grabbed onto to TO's leg and held on for dear life. TO actaully draged him another yard, before going down to prevent getting kncoked down by the safety.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This is one of the silliest things I've seen posted as a reason for anything. The dude just broke a catch and run 57 yard score last week and now you think he can't do it anymore?

Please.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dargonking999;2333225 said:
In all seriousness, did you not see that play?

The CB grabbed onto to TO's leg and held on for dear life. TO actaully draged him another yard, before going down to prevent getting kncoked down by the safety.

Exactly. That guy held on like his life depended on it cause he knows if TO gets away there he's gone.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
chinch;2333177 said:
this thread highlights how absurdity cowboy fans can be as they reach and grasp and ignore the obvious.

PS - TO is the least of the cowboys problems. 4 of our coaches are much, much more of a problem and of course the owner.

Owens is part of the problem. He is being pushed as a large part of the gameplan but that goes out the window when he cannot escape press coverage. Rod Hood essentially made him a non-factor just as Springs did.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2332686 said:

Fact is were not throwing TO quick slants, that's where TO is really effective, Quick Slants, he gets one quick slant thrown to him once a game................

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BTW, TO is averaging 4.7YAC this season. He career average is 5.5. Considering he has been doubled almost every game since game two, I think it's understandable that he is off his average.