What happens if no one hires Kellen do we keep him?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Something that hasn’t really been discussed with so many people calling out Moores insufficiencies what happens if he doesn’t get hired anywhere else as a head coach does Jerry keep him? He is a prodigy of Jason Garrett who refused to change his scheme and constantly blamed it on execution is Kellen Moore stays does he keep that approach what does him and Mike McCarthy makes major adjustments on the offense?
Will Jerry have the balls to fire him?
changes have to happen. I think Jerry is hoping some on hires Moore, but he needs to be the GM, and demote him and if he plans to keep MM, then force him to take control of the offense.....I think Jerry is still enamoured with Payton and if he is available, he will make a move.....I doubt that happens, but probably next year.

Cmac

Reaction score
Brian Billick said he once told a player that was under performing, “son your potential is going to get me fired”. And that’s part of the problem here. We hang on to players too long and over value their worth when contract time comes.
........so the same when applying potential alongside a coach?........right?

Aven8

Reaction score
Why do I have flashbacks to the 2013 season and Garrett stripped of his playcalling duties?

I can almost see a perversely inverted parallel with Moore being retained as OC, but not calling the plays

Yep. It needs to be done though. I can also see Jerry doing the Wade deal with Brian Stewart, making Mike call plays.

Last edited:

TheHerd

Reaction score
Will we keep him? Yes
Should we keep him? No
This. No one does he get hired after that performance. His shortcomings are so obvious only Jerry doesn't see them. Our only hope is Jerry fires MM after a Johnny Walker binge and gets Payton in here.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's under contract and the Jones family loves him. Does the OP not understand this? If no one poaches him away he will remain the OC for the Cowboys.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
KM is going nowhere. I'm still convinced he'll be the next Head Coach of the Cowboys.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Brian Billick said he once told a player that was under performing, “son your potential is going to get me fired”. And that’s part of the problem here. We hang on to players too long and over value their worth when contract time comes.

That is perhaps the greatest problem the Cowboys have and it's largely because we have a GM who is also a fan.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Watch Jerry bring Garrett in as an offensive consultant to focus on helping Moore improve as an OC.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i'd rather see him go and replaced with doug pedersen....or dak's fmr hc dan mullen.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
......and that is the continued issue with the offense. How can the HC, OC, QB Coach, OL Coach and RB Coach look at the film and not be accountable too?
What are coaches viewing, what are they teaching, regarding technique and mechanics? What is the plan?
Has JJ intervened with an order to play a RB who was injured with an OL knee brace on his leg?
Why is it rare that we see QB and OC sitting together viewing the tablet, on the sideline?
Why can't TPollard be used in the game plan effectively, one way or the other?
What is with the rotating RBs, at the most inopportune time?
Since Schultz and Jarwin aren't good blocking TEs, why can't Sprinkles be inserted in packages to aid the run game, certainly in the Red Zone?
What is the offensive philosophy? Finesse, power, or both?

Watch this team come back with the same unanswered questions, next year.......and many of us with the usual high hopes. And the moment we start to notice the questions are unanswered again, we'll get distracted about a player's salary......the "go to" move.
all good questions, and if you have to ask that many questions about the offense, then the HC and OC need to be replaced!
I think jerry does demand that elliot and other so called stars play, but that isnt going to change with current coaches who just do as he says.

Cmac

Reaction score
all good questions, and if you have to ask that many questions about the offense, then the HC and OC need to be replaced!
I think jerry does demand that elliot and other so called stars play, but that isnt going to change with current coaches who just do as he says.
Then JJ should announce his new GM and call MM, KMoore, Philbin, Nussmeier and Peete (all at one time) in the office........but have the secretary tell them to bring their playbooks in and their key cards with them, to Mr. JJ's offices.

We know this is not going to happen, so expect the unanswered questions again, next year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Booger has the bragging rights to the #1 Offense in the league and Moore was his second chance at what he hoped Garret would be, trained by him.

Remains to be seen the future of both coordinators but I see Quinn gone so Booger might be short sighted to get rid of his other coordinator and #1 candidate to replace McC if he decides to do a Wade on him during the season. Which is not out of the question if 2022 starts off rocky. Remember, the weasel in the henhouse is the son and he can do the same thing to McC and for Moore that he did to Phillips and for Garrett.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Moore will not get a HC offer and will be here next season. Jerry will make another decade-long mistake with him…..it is unavoidable :thumbdown:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Something that hasn’t really been discussed with so many people calling out Moores insufficiencies what happens if he doesn’t get hired anywhere else as a head coach does Jerry keep him? He is a prodigy of Jason Garrett who refused to change his scheme and constantly blamed it on execution is Kellen Moore stays does he keep that approach what does him and Mike McCarthy makes major adjustments on the offense?
Will Jerry have the balls to fire him?
Will Jerry have the balls to fire him? no lol
should he ? yes
Same for mike.

ESisback

Reaction score
I think the offense CAN turn the corner under Moore, IF…

We change OL Coach and work on the OL! Have a good draft—T, G, C, RB, DT, LB, S and free agency. I think our best OL with who we’ve got is Smith, Collins, Farniok, Martin, Steele.