What happens if we dont even make the playoffs (likely)

Flamma

Reaction score
Cracks me up how football fans, allegedly adults, think a QB wins/loses games by himself. That has to be the most simplistic (aka, not very bright) thinking on the planet.

Dak isn't Mahomes or Brady (who is?) but the notion that it's his fault that a team with crap special teams and an even worse defense hasn't won anything is silly. It tells me the poster doesn't understand what he's watching, is an idiot, or both. :muttley:

The Cowboys' problem has been, and continues to be, the clowns running the show. They haven't put a complete team together in 25 years.

Can't argue much of this. I just want to nitpick. No way a QB wins a game on his own, too many moving parts. Wins are a team effort. But I do believe a QB is in a position to lose a game. But all this stuff about "what has he won"? And bringing up his record is nonsense. He's not a pitcher, he's a quarterback. Quarterbacks depend on everyone around him to do their job, pitchers don't. That's why they have records. If a shortstop muffs a play it's not held against the pitcher. If a WR drops a ball or it bounces off their head and gets intercepted, that's an incompletion or an interception counted against the QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
you just listed reasons why Dallas was not in a position to pay big bucks on a big contract for a QB while the rest of the team sucks. What's the use of paying Dak all that money if he will not have impact at this time since the team sucks. First fix your team.

It's *** backwards but that's how they chose to do it. The thing is, Dallas would still need a QB if they moved on from Dak. And since Troy Aikman they've only stumbled into two good one's. But next year? I think the Cowboys are going to suck. Not make the playoffs. I'm guessing it will take 2-3 years to rebuild this mess. Now let me give you a little insight as to how good my predictions are. The last time I was certain the Cowboys were going to suck in an upcoming season was 2014. Only twice in the last decade was I absolutely sure the Cowboys would lose a game. Both times the Cowboys won 27-20. So **** me.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I responded to your other post as well. if a team doesn't win it all, then no player on that team deserves a new contract. I guess Allen, Mayfield, Watson none, will deserve their contracts.....and Rodgers is about to get a new contract and he hasn't won anything in 10 years, is there a statute of limitation for how long you deserve a new contract since the last time you won anything?

so if Burrow doesn't win anything in the next 4 years, he doesn't deserve a second contract. Lawrence better win one in the next 5 years or he should be kicked to the curb. Herbert has to win one in the next 4 years or else he is not deserving. Mayfield has 2 years to fullfill his destiny or no new contract. allen has 2 years. Jackson has 2 years....

there are no guarantees in the NFL. you sign the players that give you the best chance to compete. the easiest path is to have a franchise QB, else you have no chance or extremely small chance. its much much much costlier to do it without a franchise QB, than it is with one.
Franchise QB is a term that means less only because of how often the term is over used.
Franchise QBs are born to be franchise QBs, and fortunate to the few that find their way on the right path to fulfill their potential legacy.
Ive never been in belief that buy paying a franchise cost that payment somehow elevates a players talent, transcends ones ability to succeed to become a "franchise" talent.
Dak and his team francee won,,, I dont want to hear the name Todd France for a long long time...lol
Just so beyond exhausted with this entire Dak ordeal, dividing a fan base,, we have all witnessed the what side of the line, divisiveness that this Cowboys culture has placed the average fan with.
Choose a side,, why do any of us here, that have spent enough time around this old watering hole have to ever just pick a side.
I appreciate the debate,, and appreciate those that know how to debate while being civil,, just bring some facts if you dont agree.
Leave the personal attacks on the poster,, just pass by and say cya later.
Ive been told that several times so now I know.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I can read perfectly. Here’s your quote verbatim:

“I just switch to my next favorite team in the playoffs” Maybe it’s ok for you to just switch to another team if my Cowboys are out of it, but it’s not for me. To each his own I guess my fair weather fan.
Dangity man,, thats some hard core proof of band wagon fanism if I can coin such a term.
Its down right shameful.

csirl

Reaction score
Cracks me up how football fans, allegedly adults, think a QB wins/loses games by himself. That has to be the most simplistic (aka, not very bright) thinking on the planet.

You need to stop the insults and false accusations. Nothing of the sort was said.

I responded to a poster who was putting down Danny White - a QB who had a good career and is, in my opinion, the next best Cowboys QB after the big 3 of Meredith, Staubach & Aikman.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Franchise QB is a term that means less only because of how often the term is over used.
Franchise QBs are born to be franchise QBs, and fortunate to the few that find their way on the right path to fulfill their potential legacy.
Ive never been in belief that buy paying a franchise cost that payment somehow elevates a players talent, transcends ones ability to succeed to become a "franchise" talent.
Dak and his team francee won,,, I dont want to hear the name Todd France for a long long time...lol
Just so beyond exhausted with this entire Dak ordeal, dividing a fan base,, we have all witnessed the what side of the line, divisiveness that this Cowboys culture has placed the average fan with.
Choose a side,, why do any of us here, that have spent enough time around this old watering hole have to ever just pick a side.
I appreciate the debate,, and appreciate those that know how to debate while being civil,, just bring some facts if you dont agree.
Leave the personal attacks on the poster,, just pass by and say cya later.
Ive been told that several times so now I know.
and I differ in my opinion, that Dak was a Franchise QB before he got paid. his salary is catching up with what he was for this team...you tend to think the other way. we are all entitled to our opinion, because in the end, that's all we have.

and at the end of the day, its entertainment. not end of the world, not life and death, nothing serious...just entertainment.....

morat1959

Reaction score

Dak isn't Mahomes or Brady (who is?) but the notion that it's his fault that a team with crap special teams and an even worse defense hasn't won anything is silly. It tells me the poster doesn't understand what he's watching, is an idiot, or both. :muttley:

The Cowboys' problem has been, and continues to be, the clowns running the show. They haven't put a complete team together in 25 years.
That’s exactly why you need an elite QB to help overcome the FO. What’s not very smart “idiotic” is the so called football expert who can’t see Dak for what he is. 1st or 2nd chair?